News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 29, 2021, 03:08:36 PMI get to see Chel today. :)
I'm jealous,fuzz. I'd love to see her and burrito and the munchkins.

Shew. Been busy. Got home last night about 930. Saint had surgery  today and is in recovery,it seems to have went well.
 A couple more hours, then church. And time marches on....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Morning all.
 Completely  backslid on the diet. Found a local convenience store with strawberry cream cheese fried pies. They are kryptonite for me....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Shew. Made it through Friday. Went to Conway with Bro Wilson, ate dinner and spent money at Lowes. Hopefully, tomorrow we will begin wiring the shop.
Had a couple bouts of rain today, much needed.

The Purple Fuzzy

We got some much needed rain today, too. It's been a busy day.

Roscoe

Well.  Got the shop mostly  wired. Even have a small flat-screen  with Roku abilities.  I just began some work on Rusty with Bro Ballestero preaching in  the background. I could get to like this.
Also siliconed the base of the shop so no water leaks. Got to test it out too because it flat poured. Like a cow peeing on a flat rock as my dad would say.
Now I've gotten something together  for tomorrow  night at church and life is grand..

The Purple Fuzzy

It really helps having a dry, sheltered place to work. :)

Nelle

@Work. Sleepy but overall fine. lol..

Jeremy got his 2nd shot on Friday evening. Saturday he was sure he had a fever (he didn't), had a headache, and developed a sore throat. He nursed the sore throat some but it's still hanging on. Hopefully it really is just a side effect of his reaction to the shot. I told him if he's still got it tomorrow, he has to go to the doctor. He's leaving in about 20 days for a hunting trip in Nevada, so he's got to be well.

Roscoe

Hi.
Went to church last night. Wore the world's ugliest shirt. Had fun and got laughs...then my target topped me. He stood up, walked over to me, looked me up and down and KISSED my forehead saying "Bless his heart".  Lol. Dear lord. Goofy sucker.
Preached, went out for dinner and then home.
Back at work today where coffee is my ever present help in time of need.

And Nelle, while a sore throat wasn't any side effect I had,it wouldn't  surprise me. That's the weird thing  with this stuff...it reacts differently in each person.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes it is.
And half the known world is panicked.  Facebook is down and has been for an hour,hour and a half.
I know people who will be convinced  that the resurrection has occurred.
Maybe it'll give us a little forum revival. :lol:

Nelle

LOL. I'm cracking up. I didn't realize it wasn't just my computer that wasn't opening Facebook. I guess I just assumed my workplace had finally banned it even though I know no one knows how to do that here, hahahaha.

Had lunch and now I'm sleepier than I was.. but hopefully that'll pass.

It's a bit cloudy here, but we had rain this weekend so we will take the slight bits of sun.

The Purple Fuzzy

I thought our internet was giving us issues. Lol

Lynx

Bobby: Now you have that ugly shirt sitting in your closet for the rest of your life. Whatever will you do with it? Use it for a makeshift dog bed?

All those Facebook-related services went down at the same time because they were all running on the same software framework. They were ALL down, including their internal Workplace platform, so it was a struggle for them to communicate with each other.

I don't use Facebook or any of its subsidiary services, not because I have anything against them but because they don't provide anything I need. I have gotten a lot of amusement from their attempts at manipulating their users. But even I had to feel sorry for their employees yesterday. All this confusion over a DNS config mistake...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning  all. Court. Thankfully  by the use of technology  I will attend  via Zoom.
Feel like crud this morning. Went to bed last night and woke up about an hour later dizzy and nauseous.
On the bright side, I did a bit more work on the shop last night when I got in.
One step at a time...

And Lynx, I'll use that shirt for rags if I don't give it away. Lol

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on October 05, 2021, 01:11:34 PMAnd Lynx, I'll use that shirt for rags if I don't give it away. Lol

Now there's an idea! White elephant gift. :lol:

Backseat Radio

I'm stuck at home today.  Had to call off work to go to the doctor to see what's causing my sore throat and pain swallowing.

The Purple Fuzzy

My spider lilies are blooming like crazy. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I'm still here. Just nothing new to report.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Had to Google spider lilies to know for sure what those looked like. Pretty!

@Work. Wishing it was 430.. wishing away my life, I know. lol.. Lots to do before Jeremy leaves for his hunting trip and my momma comes to see me.

Roscoe

Hi.
We always called spider lillies "naked ladies " around here. No idea where that came from, just a regional thing I guess.
Counting down to the weekend.
Lou starts her new job the 13th.
I'm happy for her,although  any chance of me sneaking a new car/motorcycle/ project loan through  without her knowledge  and permission is probably over now. 🤣
Still, bank teller will be much better for her health than dealing  with retail and all its drama.

The Purple Fuzzy

About the naked ladies/ spider lilies, I think it's cause the leaves don't come out until later and you only have the stem and flower...

Lynx

*Lynx wanders into the forum...

o.O

We're talking about what? Naked ladies?

*Lynx wanders back out. There's enough of that talk from the guys at work.  :updown:
"Do you sing at church?"