News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

You've never tried a watermelon shake? It's the best thing in the world in the heat of August.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Been a long somewhat disagreeable day. And it's hot. And I'm grumpy.
Thankful tomorrow is friday. Lou and I want to take a weekend and getaway, but it seems like things are getting in the way. Maybe next week.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's hot, for sure. Hubby fried fish for us this evening. :)

Nelle

@Work. It's finally Friday.

I'm not sure how much I posted about Papa without going back to look through my posts, but he has been having falling issues lately among some other things. They finally went Tuesday and had him checked out. His white blood platelets were low and he ended up being hospitalized with the hopes of getting a transfusion and of course also being put on fluids & antibiotics for a possible infection (they threw around word leukemia apparently too). I guess sometime yesterday he developed a cough and he tested positive for COVID. My SIL went and tested Mama yesterday as well, and she also tested positive. Since I had been there Friday evening to help get Papa out of the bathroom floor and then on Wed evening sat down beside her at church to check on her, I had to go get tested yesterday evening. I am thankfully negative. Am I the only one who immediately is concerned that I possibly tested too early? LOL.. Almost like "But can I trust it?" LOL.

Nelle

Oh, and our mower tore up over the weekend. We took it Tuesday evening to the Mennonites mower shop, and they got it all fixed up for us. Took it home last night and Jeremy's a happy camper to have it home again. Thankfully it wasn't too expensive of a fix, and I won't have to pay a lawn company again next week (fingers crossed) to mow our yard. Thankful they could get us in so fast this week tho. Now all I need them for is a little "tearin' up" landscape work, but that's probably a month out.

Backseat Radio

I've got a 2nd coworker out with a high fever. He's being tested for covid. Unfortunately it left me by myself tonight to do freight and help customers.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

So. Lou and I did sneak out to Branson in the vette last night. Very enjoyable.  Gonna let her do a bit of shopping at Klassy Girls and Zadie B's before we head home.
Lou worries me some. It's been since December since we had Covid and she is still struggling with bouts of breathing  difficulties.
Last night she had a pretty bad one.

And I now want a jacuzzi  added to the home remodel list.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's kinda sad that this thread has been going for over a year...

Nelle

@Work. Really wish I was taking a nap.

Also really hoping I get to go to my parents' house for Labor Day weekend!

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 30, 2021, 03:21:21 PMIt's kinda sad that this thread has been going for over a year...
Yeah, our traffic here is almost none existent. I hate it because this place has been so important to me over the years. I wish it would pick up, but we can't even get our "regulars" to check in, much less get new members.
Made it through today. Woke up at 330 am and been pretty much going since. I am beat tired. Going to likely go to bed early too.

Nelle

I took a little nap when I got home from work yesterday. I could NOT keep my eyes open for nothin, haha.

We made Italian beef in the crockpot on Sunday and oh my word.. it's just so good. I ate it last night for supper and brought it with me today to have for lunch. I LOVE Italian beef. :)

@Work. Less sleepy than yesterday thankfully. That was miserable! It's SO cloudy b/c of the storm systems, but I'm so glad I'm not about to fall out at my desk today.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on August 31, 2021, 02:14:54 PMI took a little nap when I got home from work yesterday. I could NOT keep my eyes open for nothin, haha.

We made Italian beef in the crockpot on Sunday and oh my word.. it's just so good. I ate it last night for supper and brought it with me today to have for lunch. I LOVE Italian beef. :)

@Work. Less sleepy than yesterday thankfully. That was miserable! It's SO cloudy b/c of the storm systems, but I'm so glad I'm not about to fall out at my desk today.

I'm about to fall out today. Lol
Took newbie to the range.
Back at the office. Hungry. Past lunch time. But I have no idea what I want so I'm not eating

The Purple Fuzzy

Sometimes it's hard to figure out what to cook.

Nelle

@Work. It's cloudy again today. Sinus are yellin'. My upper back/neck are still hurting from yesterday. Took some Advil on the way to work hoping that it would help with all this.

Roscoe

Work here too. Tarred. Excited  because my car stereo for the midlife crisis has came in. Annoyed because  I don't have time to install it right now. Lol

Backseat Radio

Today was my day off. Felt emotionally blah today so I stayed home to bake snickerdoodles for a coworker's upcoming birthday. Tuned in to YouTube for live feed of a nearby church's study on the book of Revelation rather than try to get out to in person services.

The Purple Fuzzy

I think we are going to eat leftover fajitas for lunch.

Roscoe

My poor decisions from last night are kicking my tail today.
I rushed home and began wiring up the new stereo...went to church, and coming home went back to the installation.
Finally around 11 pm, I  left it be, and finished it up about 630 this morning  when I awoke.
 NEEDLESS to say, I am wiped out.....

Roscoe

*waves vigorously at Lynx from Jackson*

Chey and I have made it to Jacksom for dinner, enroute  to Bowling  Green.
Observations from the trip so far- the kid is a good road companion
The vette seems to be a good road car
And Memphis traffic inhaleth vigorously.
I hate it.

Lynx

Yeah, no, I only ever skate around the edge of Memphis on the freeway, on my way somewhere else.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

My youngest went through Memphis today headed south.

Roscoe

Shew. Got home last night around 9pm. Absolutely wonderful trip. Avoided Memphis on the return trip all the way around. We left Bowling Green and ran back roads over to visit a friend in Kentucky's Amish area, just north of the TN line. Then over through the Paducah area and into the boothill of Missouri.
Resting today. It's Lou and my 18th anniversary.

The Purple Fuzzy

Happy anniversary!

My son is here. I cooked chicken wings & fried potatoes per his request & made chocolate & lemon pies.