We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Whew.

It's been a crazy week.  We have been working on an addition at work, and last week and this week was IT's time to step in.  Last week we made sure all the network ports were up and running.

Monday, we installed new network switches.

On Tuesday we started moving computers into the new offices...and we got a new phone system.  I had something like 18000 steps in by the end of the day.

Wednesday was the same thing.

Today is a little quieter.

But so far, 10 people have moved into new offices, their old offices have been abandoned, cleaned out, will be repainted, recarpeted, and have new furniture, then we move people into those offices and start the process all over again.

Im tarred.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Sounds glorious. I wish I had my own office. LOL. (Only on days I'm not feeling chatty.)

@Work. Currently waiting on my chicken pot pie to cool enough to eat for lunch. Working on invoicing, monthly union reports, and then I'll have to work on our certified payroll reports to turn in Monday. Some of our people will be gone next week on a "business" trip so I'm having to get things ready for their absence.

Supposedly there will still be trick or treating tonight in our town. It actually snowed here a little (obviously not sticking lol) and it is SO cold. I can't decide if I want to try to sit out on my porch and hand out candy, or sit in my recliner and EAT this candy. Our house is not set up for people to knock/ring a bell to get candy, so it's one or the other.  I wouldn't mind eating the candy, personally. :)

Laptop Discussion: I have had two Dell laptops in my life since 2007. I broke one by stepping on it accidentally. The other one just died out of nowhere. So I bought this HP since we've been married. It's unreal that it's already been almost 8 years, so I can't even remember which year it was I bought it without looking up my order forms, hahaha. Anyway.. I did prefer my Dell. I don't like having to pay extra for Microsoft Office and I don't like Windows 10 layout still.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on October 31, 2019, 10:58:04 AMHP has been going downhill for years now. Dell is still pretty good I think. Acer has been junk for more than a decade. Even Asus is becoming unreliable these days.

But every ThinkPad I ever bought is still running...

my work computer is a thinkpad and omg it's soooooooo slow. my outlook is cr@p.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Yeah that's the only problem I have with ThinkPads. They keep running looooong after I wish they would die so I could justify getting a new computer.

Though if your computer is THAT slow, maybe it needs a reinstall. Common Windows Wisdom is a Windows computer that is online a lot needs a wipe-and-reinstall every one to two years, depending on internet use. You don't even have to get viruses to need a wipe-and-replace. Just normal internet clutter accumulates and slows it down over time.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I worked all day. :smirk: Lou went to a women's conference tonight in Beebe. It's 11pm and she's still there..
Chey and I ran to Conway and went to Books a Millon. She got a book she's been wanting and I stumbled across a Tom Cotter "Barnfind" table book on close out. (It's a book about barnfind antique cars. I already had the first volume, but refused to spend $40 for the second. But on close out for $13... well, that's a horse of another color.)
Tomorrow, I intend to sleep in. And maybe work on Sam some.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

I always enjoy when mom comes over. I like her. :grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I hereby formally retract what I said in my previous post.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison