News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

So we won't talk about elves in this thread... can we talk about gnomes or dwarfs?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

We could talk about Giants... Where is Jeremy, anyway? ;)

Roscoe

Germ has been busy tinkering with his old Ford in part..he has it driving now.

Myself, I've spent a very enjoyable day at the range, then came home, got Rusty and went up town to the local scratch and dent store and worked a deal on an additional small chest style freezer. Around $300 bucks at a retail store- I got it for $95 because some idiot at the warehouse put a forklift through the bottom panel. Bent the bottom up a bit, but I was able to pop that dent out. No leaks, and it works fine. I have my freezers in the carport room, so I don't care what it looks like.

Oh, and the reason for the freezer- we bought a 1/4 of a cow last year. It finally got butchered, So while I had the freezer in the back of Rusty, I ran over to the slaughterhouse and picked it up.I wound up with around 100 lbs of burger, steak and roasts. Enough beef for us through the majority of the year. $500 bucks. It'll give the budget a bit of relief over the next few months and is much better quality than anything a stoe would have.
Down side is,I gotta get off my tush and clean out the carport room to put the freezer in. Right now it is firmly in Rusty's spot in my shop...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Wait... you keep Rusty under cover? What happens if it rains on Rusty? He'll rust?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 06, 2019, 11:23:36 AMWait... you keep Rusty under cover? What happens if it rains on Rusty? He'll rust?

Rusty lives in my small 18' x22 ' shop. His own bedroom, and it has JUST enough room for him and one other oldie. Like Sam, he would fit in there perfectly. Since I didn't have much time last night, I let Rusty camp outside. He's not a show truck, has paint and occasionally gets a massage with boiled linseed oil to keep him protected and semi-shiny. I just prefer to keep him inside.
So today, I drove him to Bro Papa's where we worked on Fred the '51 Ford. Got Fred's front cap (front fenders and hood) put on, and one of his headlights and turn signals wired up and wires run for the other, before discovered we were short of connectors. We'll finish it later. I'm now majorly jealous of Bro Papa's new shop he put together.

I then came home and move the freezer into the empty spot in the shop and put Rusty back inside since it is apparently gonna rain this evening.
As soon as my trailer is returned, I'll start cleaning out the carport room.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Most interesting thing I have seen all day. Of course the day has only started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IABRgZH12YA
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on April 07, 2019, 03:52:27 AMI'm getting a new mother in law.
That's really great. I hope Robbie can adjust to it. I know that can be super hard...

I'm tired of rain. And mud.

Nelle

I feel like there's a story here about this MIL that I may have missed.

Was very sick yesterday morning and did not get to go to church. Boy do I wish I had been there instead of where I was! Still have some effects of that, but overall felt much better yesterday afternoon.

We've had our windows open since Saturday and BOY is it good sleeping temperatures!! The little bit of breeze.. ahh.. Hard to get out of bed in the morning tho! lol

@work

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi:
 Back at work. Had a pleasant surprise yesterday. I have two older sisters that are twins. I love them, but their lifestyles and mine are very different and we do not talk very often. No hard feelings, we just move in different circles. They have been out of church since they were teens.
One of them, Tami, called me Saturday night. Unprompted, she asked what time church was on Sunday, then told me if I would drive to Conway and give her a ride, she would come. I gave her the times and truthfully expected her to change her mind, but when I texted her Sunday evening, she responded that she was ready and waiting. Not only did she come to church, but god's Spirit moved and she spent some time crying and praying. While she didn't pray back through -yet- she told me she would definitely come back. After talking with her, she stated that it was probably the first time in 40 years she had been to church other than funerals and rare special events.
I know my Mama was rejoicing just seeing her come into the church.

Nelle

Love that!!!

I was watching my home church POJ last night and watched a guy get baptized that had gone to the church when I moved but had left. He was married then, now divorced and remarried etc.. been through a lot. I watched with tears flowing .. his grandma or mom (I can't keep that family tree straight, sorry) just DANCE all over that platform after he came out of the water. It was so beautiful. He had apparently been REALLY blessed that morning in service as well. It makes my heart happy to see people coming back! God LOVES them and I can only imagine the celebration in Heaven!

Thankful your sister is allowing her walls to open around her for Him to work in her!! Gone ahead and made me tear up at work.. lol.

Eating lunch. Leftover hamburger from Friday night. Yum. I'm thankful I have no stomach issues today so that I can enjoy a lunch!!

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on April 08, 2019, 01:15:31 PMI feel like there's a story here about this MIL that I may have missed.
I also.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Beautiful day. Drove Rusty over and retrieved my trailer from Brent- he'd had it for a month or so.  Gotta spend the next few evenings cleaning out the room off the carport and loading it up for Saturday- it is free dump day then.

Still have a few things to do on my list of projects. Hopefully I'll be able to get them done this year..

Roscoe

Tap-tap. This thing on??
 Where'd everybody go?

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Been stressing/prepping for my interview.

But I passed phase 1! Even after feeling like I bombed.
Now the next step is to do an excel activity to test me on that.  :updown:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Oh boy. I love and use the program for everything, but I would hate to be tested on it, LOL. I'm sure you'll do great!

@Work. I never can remember if I've posted already in the day or not. LOL.

Enjoying this lovely weather. I'd enjoy it more if I wasn't at work, but if I wasn't at work, I wouldn't get paid and wouldn't have a house or car or anything to eat.. LOL.

They have the a/c on because it's supposed to be in the 70s outside. My feet were cold (I have a cardigan on over my outfit so I'm warm there thankfully) so I have my heater on my feet.. LOL.

Lynx

Went to w*rk. Came home. Went for a bike ride around the country block. Came home.

T'is the season to be sneezin. When I got home I had to wipe pollen off my face.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

it was beautiful today. Sadly I spent the majority of it in a court room. It was a soft drink court date- of my offenders, "7 up"- 7 sent to prison. Then I came home and put t bones on to grill, while I cleaned out the carport room and moved the freezer in. The T bones were delicious.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 10, 2019, 01:17:49 AMit was beautiful today. Sadly I spent the majority of it in a court room. It was a soft drink court date- of my offenders, "7 up"- 7 sent to prison. Then I came home and put t bones on to grill, while I cleaned out the carport room and moved the freezer in. The T bones were delicious.

What is the general success rate for probation? I know you talk about the ones who flunk because they are the ones that cause you trouble, but I'm curious how many don't flunk out versus how many do.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Oh noooo MJJ! Chug all the healthy stuff!! :(

@Work. Eating lunch. Frozen burritos again but this time I remembered the sour cream!