News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Really?!  I hope it's not your oven that's messing up.  I bake mine around 450° on a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan, depending on how thick it is.

MelodyB

The oven is fine. Everything else cooks properly. It's thick bacon, but not THAT thick.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:  I'm glad it's Friday.  It's been a struggle every day this week making myself come to work.

MsJennJenn

Melodya what's a jelly roll?! lol YUM!

Going to the opera Apr 21st! YAY!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Ok I'm better now. Still not doing the Bible study today though. Heather and the baby are sick, so maybe next week.

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on March 23, 2012, 12:30:41 PM
And now I'm just waiting. Waiting for pastor and wife to finish praying so I can clean the bathrooms without disturbing them, and waiting to see what happens next and what my plans may pan out to be today. Cause at this point I don't know.

They praying on the pot?

MelodyB

Nope. They were praying in the foyer. For 3 hours. Started at 6 and didn't get done till after 9. But I didn't want to trapise thru the foyer with a mop and bucket and make all kinda noise cleaning the bathrooms when they would be right there.

I'm respectful.

MelodyB

I'm done with the bathrooms and the kitchen now though. So all is well.

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  I think tomorrow I will get a lot of stuff done.

A - Bake a batch of sourdough bread and replenish my stock.
B - Copy and edit all this music I just got from CD to computer, label and if necessary edit.
C - Buy some weed killer and a spray pump and spray the border of everything in the yard. 

But today I'm feeling rather lazy, and I get quite enough exercise at work anyway. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Well I got steaks marinating. Gonna make that crockpot potato soup for tomorrow. I think I need a nap.

Anyone need to buy a motorhome?

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on March 23, 2012, 08:31:34 PM
Well I got steaks marinating. Gonna make that crockpot potato soup for tomorrow. I think I need a nap.

Anyone need to buy a motorhome?
What do you use for a marinade?  What kind of motorhome?

MelodyB

I use a bottle of KC Masterpiece marinade. One bottle is enough for me to marinate two times. It's really good. I use the balsamic garlic and herb kind. We really like it, makes the steaks tender and you don't need Steak sauce when you eat!

And the motor home is a Winnabego. It's an older one, a '93, but in REAL good shape. I lived in it for 6 months when I moved up here, and Jason slept in it when he visited. Dad won't be able to travel anymore and we need the money. He is asking $6,500.00 for it. New tires, brand new a/c, and I think dad said there is only 70,000 miles on it. sleeps 3-4. If y'all are interested tell Clarence to call my daddy and ask him. He can give you all the details. :)

MelodyB

Here is a video I made 3 years ago when I first moved here, of the inside of the motorhome. It was messy cause I was living in it, so of course all my personal stuff is out of there now, but you get the general idea of how big it is. The "bed" I was sleeping on is the table that lets down into a bed, and I had a twin size mattress on top of the cushion for a more comfy sleep. It will fit a twin size mattress. Snugly, but it will fit in there.

Pardon the mess, and *sniff* my sweet Eboni is in there too. *sigh* I miss her.

Melody

Grocery shopping is exhausting.  3 stores down, 1 more to go.  I'm working my way up to doing most my shopping at Costco though. 

SippinTea

Wait. What? You can bake bacon instead of making a huge mess on top of the stove?!? *gasp* I need to learn this. Like, post haste.  :lol:

Isaac - guess what is "this close" to being finished? :bigcheese:

Today has been a bit frustrating. And I think that before this day is over I'm going to break my record for how many times in one day I can anger/irritate/aggravate/annoy two kiddos I know. *sigh* All the way from fixing split pea soup for dinner, to telling them they are in danger of turning into lazy couch potato slobs, and that neither Chris nor I are going to allow that, and if THEY don't come up with an exercise program for themselves, that we are going to assign them one. Seriously! When I send them out back to play and all they want to do is sit on their fannies and chat, uhhh.... no. There's soccer, or tag, or riding bikes, or basketball, or running laps, or jumping-jacks, or SOMEthing. 'Cause pretty much ANYthing would be better than what they're doing now.  :frustrated:

I told them to have a plan to present to Chris by Monday. We'll see if they actually come up with anything. If they don't... guess what? Dad's going to give them an exercise program.

Okay, I'm done ranting for now. I think. :lol:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

MelodyB

MelodyB

Roscoe

Well. We just got home from one of the most enjoyable days/dinners we've had in a while. It is SO terriffic to have good friends and there is nothing like the fellowship with said friends. Mini, Brennen and I prowled through an awesome junkyard loaded with treasures from the 30's, 40's and 50's while the girls shopped, then Mini and I traded Brennen for Brionna and we went car shopping. I found an awesome Corvette that I want, and Mini found a car to lust after as well.
We ended the perfect evening by meeting up at the Golden Corral with Newsman and really enjoyed the meal and conversation.
I've came to the conclusion that this website has given me something I never would've found other wise. Friendship, nay, brotherhood, with some AWESOME people. I just wished John and Mini, and several others, lived closer. Oh, the trouble we could get into if we lived in the same town....  ;)

Other details will probably be forthcoming from the meat-up- things like some of Newsman's excited untterances-  but I shan't be the spoiler.  :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

mini

All I got to say is someone needs to keep a eye on a certain media personality...he admitted to being...er... propositioned too by a certain lady recently, and by his own admission, is being chased by a woman who was promised she could have him if she caught him...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

All joking aside, I nearly drove home in a new car...I have never felt that weak kneed about a car before...my oh my...

Pontiac G8 GT

Same engine as the Corvette, detuned a little.  The GXP version actually was tuned to produce MORE power than a Vette...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

Thanks, Mel!

Nice car, Mini. It apparently wasn't quite as cool as Chellebelle though, since you got weak-kneed enough over her to take her home with you. *grin*

Roscoe, I quite agree with your sentiments about GP. :) Some of my very best friends were made via this lovely little place. (Okay, my VERY best friend was met via this place too.) ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

i have somehow survived this week at work. we got new schedules at work since Ed got fired. i now work monday through friday roughly 45 hours per week. it's gonna stink in all sorts of ways but be really great in others. but i am SSSOOOO glad to have the weekend off. now if only all the allergies i normally have in may were not acting up now.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali