News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Video Card question

Started by bishopnl, November 12, 2009, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopnl

Is there a way to get a newer video card for cheaper than the $70 to $100 it would cost to buy new?
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

titushome

Here where I live I see them on craigslist for half that, or less.  But it depends partly on the brand, processing speed, etc.  (And yes, I'm talking about newer ones - I've even seen them brand new in box for $30-$40, because someone ordered the wrong kind, or changed their mind and never used it.)
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

The Cold Water Kid

Take a look at these sites:

www.dealnews.com

(the following are user supported and more thorough but not as user friendly)

www.fatwallet.com
www.slickdeals.net

You can find the best deals on just about anything using those sites. And if you find a good deal that others don't know about yet you can contribute by posting it. I rarely buy anything without using these websites. If you visit fatwallet or slickdeals click on forums, then "hot deals" to search for an item.