News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

cell phone with no charger

Started by rootbeer, July 27, 2008, 02:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rootbeer

We have Sprint wireless service.  We recently had a problem with one of the phones and we had insurance on that phone, so we took it to the Sprint store in Longview, Texas, and they ordered us a replacement phone.  When we went to pick it up, we got no charger with it and the charger for the other phone would not fit the replacement phone.  I asked for a charger and they said they did not have one.  Well I thought I would buy one at Wal-Mart, but Wal-Mart does not have a charger for that phone, and I checked with Radio Shack and they don't have one either.  I have been in contact with the Sprint company both by phone and e-mail and they sent me a charger but it is the wrong one and won't fit the phone.  I have asked them to give me another phone that I can get a charger for, and they said I could get another phone for $50 and I said no, I don't want to pay $50 for another phone.  Has anybody else had problems with not being able to find a charger for your phone?
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

The Purple Fuzzy

I have a Sony Ericson phone and you can't get the chargers at the normal places, I had to buy my car charger at the AT&T store and pay $30 when they are $12 at Wal Mart.  The one I ordered off Ebay didnt work correctly.

Sis

Bring the phone back and tell them it's useless to you without a charger. Tell them you want a phone replacement that works correctly!

Scott

Sis is right, go  back to the store
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

SippinTea

Quote from: Sis on July 27, 2008, 04:17:53 AM
Bring the phone back and tell them it's useless to you without a charger. Tell them you want a phone replacement that works correctly!

What she said!^

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

rootbeer

QuoteBring the phone back and tell them it's useless to you without a charger. Tell them you want a phone replacement that works correctly!

I already tried that and they refuse to get me a different phone. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Have you tried calling customer support?  Or getting on the carrier's website and sending a message?  Maybe you would get better results that way.

Sis

Quote from: rootbeer on July 28, 2008, 01:41:49 PM
QuoteBring the phone back and tell them it's useless to you without a charger. Tell them you want a phone replacement that works correctly!

I already tried that and they refuse to get me a different phone. 

Good Housekeeping Magazine helps with consumer complaints sometimes. They will act as an advocate for you if they think your problem needs one. You could try them because frankly, you're being messed with. If they gave you a phone without a charger for a replacement phone and won't give you anything else because that phone is useless to you, you might be a good candidate.

Got a consumer gripe?
Send letters to GH to the Rescue, 959 Eighth Ave., New York, NY 10019  Or via E-mail to GHtoTheRescue@Hearst.com

If you want to look up any previous columns go to the Savvy Consumer area at www.goodhousekeeping.com

rootbeer

I ordered a phone charger directly from Samsung.  Their web site said the one I need is not available, but I talked to them on the phone and they said they do have them.

MelodyB

So have you been going without a phone this whole time? Or do you have another one? :tantrum:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

dnr1128

Go back to the store, talk to the manager, tell him you're tired of being jerked around, you paid for insurance and expect a phone that works, and if you don't get a replacement, you'll cancel service effective immediately. If he doesn't listen, find somebody who will.
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.