News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Roscoe

CheeseHead! Nearly made me faint dead away. About time your skulking old hide got back by here...

:hi: All. Enjoyed today for the most part. May possibly have spent the Jeep money. Will know tomorrow. I MAY have acquired a 79 Corvette. Headed out tomorrow morning to look and possibly buy. Thank de Lawd for evening church services....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Please get it. Ill plan on buying it in about a year or so when you decide to get rid of it.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Uh oh. Bobby I think Mini has you figured out.

Sounds like a good plan though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well. I DID indeed buy said Corvette. Mini shall not get this one. Maybe. I'm not sure he can fit IN a C3.
Gotta go back tomorrow with a trailer to pick it up. We just dashed up and bought it today before someone else did....didn't have a way to get it home. Might drive it back tomorrow- I don't know it's a 2 1/2 hour drive through mountains and I'm not too keen to do that in an unknown, untested 41 year old car.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Nelle

Quote from: sunlight on January 18, 2020, 06:19:58 PMNelle- what was in the mail?

We finally deduced (before seeing it) that it was probably VA-related since it was only in his name and the fiscal department deals with them as one of their major "clients." I had errands to run in town but I drove straight to our house and literally parked in front to check the mail. Opened it while I was on the phone with Jeremy and it was a refund check from the VA for copays! I hope someone tells us next time what we don't have to pay so we don't pay it again. :) I was SO thankful.. We cracked up on the phone. I asked him what he was going to be doing with his winnings. And now I have to buy him a slimer bank.. LOL. From Ghostbusters.

@Work. It's snowing here, but it's the pretty snow that doesn't seem to interrupt life. Jeremy's off today thanks to Martin Luther King Jr Day! He's going to go to a delicious restaurant (Lambert's) with some of his buddy coworkers.

We went to a delicious restaurant yesterday! If you're ever in Marion, IL.. stop and eat at La Galeria Mexican Cuisine and Creamery! It's very different from the run-of-the-mill Mexican restaurants that are in the area. Very different dining experience, but completely delicious. I haven't had any quinoa or guacamole that I've ever liked... and I had it there and loved it. :) We also had items from their creamery. I chose mango (like a sorbet?) and he chose a strawberries 'n cream bar. They have SOO many options. I can't wait to go back. :)

Lynx

Was the guacamole more like avocado or more like salsa?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2020, 06:50:48 PMWas the guacamole more like avocado or more like salsa?

Avocado. I've never seen the other style, I don't think.

@Work. Wishing I was eating at Lamberts.. .but I had Wendy's so I won't complain. LOL.  Something about Wendy's chicken nuggets and their sweet & sour sauce. I managed to share one nugget and half my fries with our office little girl (my friend/coworker's granddaughter), but when she asked for four more.. I had to decline, LOL. She was having pizza for lunch that just needed to cool down from being in the oven. Otherwise (if she was starving) I would've shared of course.

Roscoe

:hi:
Ok. Went after the 'vette today. Couldn't get it to start, so we went and got a new battery and it fired off. Rather than load it, we decided to have some fun and drive a bit. Worse case, we could always load it up..

Four miles out of town, I stood on it, it took off- and promptly split the oil sending unit. I fogged mosquitos for a mile. Went and bought the $13 part and got it back on the road....

And stopped and got gas again. I knew it wasn't running perfectly, so it was not a surprise that the gas mileage was poor- but I didn't count on 6 mpg. LOL

Got about 20 minutes from home and nearly had a catastrophe. It had originally had a mechanical oil pressure gauge in it, which requires an oil line into the cabin of the car. Someone had put an electrical gauge in it. Unfortunately Bubba Mechanic didn't know how to take the oil line out. It dumped about three quarts of oil on the passenger floorboard. I heard it making a bit of lifter noise at a stoplight, pulled into a parking lot and shut it down. We completed the trip on the trailer, but got it fixed now.
Now to work on all the little things a 41 year old car needs, including paint, since the clearcoat coming off make it look like it has leprosy.
All in all though, it is a solid car, probably a $5-6k car- and I'm in it for , oh, $2300-ish. I'm happy. God supplied the desires of our hearts for my little girl.

Lynx

For your little girl? You're going to let Chey drive it?! 
 :eek!:
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Actually that's not what surprises me (even if that was what you meant.) What shocked me most was you bought a car "unknown, untested."

I hereby formally retract what I once said about you buying cars like I pick up laptops or android phones. I investigate what I get before I get it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 21, 2020, 02:34:20 AMActually that's not what surprises me (even if that was what you meant.) What shocked me most was you bought a car "unknown, untested."

I hereby formally retract what I once said about you buying cars like I pick up laptops or android phones. I investigate what I get before I get it.

Isaac, lets see if I can put this in perspective for ya. Imagine being able to pick up a high zoot gaming computer worth  $5k. You meet the guy, know it isn't hot, and he shows you recent receipts where it was checked out. But, he is hurting for money and will take $100 bucks for it. The case that he has for it and the accessories that go with it are worth $300.  Do you buy?

Here's the deal. I'd investigated C3 Corvettes for a while. The cheapest I had found were $5k or so. I KNEW that if I bought this one right, even if it didn't run, I could slap a $350 junkyard 350 in it and sell it for $4500,$5k. And when he was willing to take $2200- I jumped on it. I did investigate the main issues- clear title, no rust- but if I had waited and came back to hear it run before making the deal, the guy who was in line behind me for it would have came over and put cash in his hands.
And, Chey and I have been praying. Yes, silly I guess, to be praying over something as inconsequential as a car that is a secondary vehicle at this time, but He gave us exactly what we wanted.

Lynx

Okay I can see that, contrived analogy notwithstanding. (If the graphics card is shot, no way I'm buying it!) :p

And nothing wrong with praying about it. I pray before I get a car. That's a lot of money to me and I need something dependable.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I just wish Roscoe would hurry up and sell it to me...lol

Nelle

It is a beautiful looking car! I know nothing about vehicles other than how to drive them, add air to the tires, and add gas. One of my family's older cars that is no longer with us - I use to have to jump start it with a screwdriver. It was terrifying. LOL. I understand the concept of changing a tire, but have never actually done it.

Nelle

@Work. Missed about 2.5 hours of work this morning due to not feeling well and then having to run Jeremy his headset that he uses while he's working. Otherwise he can't talk to people while he's working or listen to any music. Quiet or just street noise is great at times, but other times it's nice to have some distraction!

Roscoe

:hi:. Back at work. Catching upon a gazillon things. I leave Thursday evening sick and all is well. I come back Tuesday- and my caseload has blew up. LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's the way it seems to go. Miss a day of work & everything falls apart.

Roscoe

Well. Cheyenne wants to join here and I would let her but it won't let her sign up. It says she didn't answer the verification questions correctly. The only question is what color is the sky?

Lynx

That was changed by committee from "blue" to "azure." Something about somebody's favorite song from childhood. *shrug*
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 22, 2020, 10:10:04 AMThat was changed by committee from "blue" to "azure." Something about somebody's favorite song from childhood. *shrug*
Thanks for telling me. That may be why we don't have anyone join. :mad:

Morning all. I am at work, with my nose running nonestop. We may get some ice today and tonight according to the weather forecast....

mini

At work.  About ready to go home...and my neighbor has flung a craving on me for ice cream.

*sigh*