News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Off to the dr this morning. Kidney infection is still raging 9 days later. Already did one round of antibiotics. Have to do another. Yay.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 18, 2019, 09:00:26 PM
Quote from: Nelle on November 18, 2019, 07:21:37 PMIf you're good at self control, you could do a time limit instead each day for using it? That could be similar to a fast since you're still having to get your flesh under control. Facebook is such a habit!
Obviously you've never met me in real life. Self Control? HA! I have currently 4 antique vehicles( yeah, no self control there); weigh about 100 lbs more than my doctor would like (food and chocolate, and dr peppers....well, self control, uh, is lacking); and I am currently stalking another vehicle, fantasizing about eating, and the only thing preventing me from moving forward is "bank control" not self control. LOL

Yeah, self control is NOT one of my strong points. :laughhard:
I've told you man, you can help the weight problem at least by switching from milk to dark chocolate. Dark chocolate actually helps you burn calories!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 19, 2019, 07:38:58 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 18, 2019, 09:00:26 PM
Quote from: Nelle on November 18, 2019, 07:21:37 PMIf you're good at self control, you could do a time limit instead each day for using it? That could be similar to a fast since you're still having to get your flesh under control. Facebook is such a habit!
Obviously you've never met me in real life. Self Control? HA! I have currently 4 antique vehicles( yeah, no self control there); weigh about 100 lbs more than my doctor would like (food and chocolate, and dr peppers....well, self control, uh, is lacking); and I am currently stalking another vehicle, fantasizing about eating, and the only thing preventing me from moving forward is "bank control" not self control. LOL

Yeah, self control is NOT one of my strong points. :laughhard:
I've told you man, you can help the weight problem at least by switching from milk to dark chocolate. Dark chocolate actually helps you burn calories!
This, my friend, may not be a total lie, but it sure ain't the whole truth. I eat dark chocolate almost exclusively, and the calories appeared to have been dowsed better than Elijah's sacrifice against the priests of Baal.  Lord knows they ain't burning.  :pound:
We finally got computers back active around 4pm...
And Jenn, that ain't good. Kidney infections are painful, I know.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I've gone from not seeing hardly any of my kids this holiday to possibly seeing them all. :bigcheese:

It's not a sure thing but I'm hopeful.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 20, 2019, 12:13:25 AMThis, my friend, may not be a total lie, but it sure ain't the whole truth. I eat dark chocolate almost exclusively, and the calories appeared to have been dowsed better than Elijah's sacrifice against the priests of Baal.  Lord knows they ain't burning.  :pound:
I'm gonna have to remember that quote.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Morning. Back at work. Still can't access my company email. Wish they would stop monkeying with things so I can do what they pay me for.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work.

Starving so I'm going to scrounge around for some food.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Hi. It was rainy here today and I had to roadtrip to pick up a parolee. Ready for the weekend..

The Purple Fuzzy

Please pray for my son in law, Ben, and his family. His mom just passed. :(

Roscoe

Praying, Fuzz.
It's rainy and cool here today. Thanking God for His mercy and Grace today. So thankful He loves forgives and is patient with me despite my human failings.

MsJennJenn

We had another elder pass Wednesday. This is the 3rd funeral in less than a month. Whew hits so hard.
The one this week was my close friends grandma. I'm singing What a Day that will be tomorrow in the funeral. Funerals a week before Christmas are tough. Not that they're not tough any time of year but. Sigh.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Man, Jenn. That's rough. I look at my little church in concern. I've got several elderly and each one has been such a special person for so long- I don't wanna think of losing any of them, they are all my rocks.
 In fact, I've got to go to Conway in a bit to check on one who is in the hospital.
That is, after I go send paperwork to a jail to hold one of my boneheaded wayward children from the work family, not the church family. He decided last night was a grand time to load up with another felon, get some meth and a gun and cruise around until invited by the police to an all inclusive resort.
And it's cool outside. Glad Rusty has a heater.

Lynx

I used to think some people gradually became more crabby as they got older. Now I think I was wrong. I think people just get more tired.

Some people are crabby their whole lives, but hide it behind a smile because it's polite, or because they want people to like them, or just because they don't want to put up with the junk. But the older a person gets, the less energy there is available to maintain the facade. What appears to be a gradual progression of crankiness is really just a gradual erosion of the socially acceptable mask. As we get older, we just can't keep it up any more.

Then there are some elderly people I know who are not crabby. THOSE are the people who have been truly nice people all along.

Kinda makes me think... if I know what people are like when they are wore out, maybe that is the best way to know what they are really like, and what they will be like when they grow old. It also makes me want to pay more attention to what I am like when I am worn to a frazzle.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 24, 2019, 12:27:53 PMI used to think some people gradually became more crabby as they got older. Now I think I was wrong. I think people just get more tired.

Some people are crabby their whole lives, but hide it behind a smile because it's polite, or because they want people to like them, or just because they don't want to put up with the junk. But the older a person gets, the less energy there is available to maintain the facade. What appears to be a gradual progression of crankiness is really just a gradual erosion of the socially acceptable mask. As we get older, we just can't keep it up any more.

Then there are some elderly people I know who are not crabby. THOSE are the people who have been truly nice people all along.

Kinda makes me think... if I know what people are like when they are wore out, maybe that is the best way to know what they are really like, and what they will be like when they grow old. It also makes me want to pay more attention to what I am like when I am worn to a frazzle.

Well, apparently I'm gonna be a crabby old goat. :laughhard:

I stay wore out any more. Combination of life and being overweight. I'm actually considering signing up for surgery to help- the state has an open enrollment in a program for lapband or the like. One of my coworkers just had it a month or so ago and is doing amazing. If I can drop 100lbs, I suspect my entire life would change.

Roscoe

:hi: Morning, you none talkative slugs. Ok, it's technically afternoon, by three minutes.
 Anyhow. Slogging through another Monday, in which I am busier than the proverbial one legged man in a butt kickin' contest. Hope ya'll is doing well.....

Nelle

@Work eating lunch.

TWO MORE DAYS! Woohoo! I'm so ready for turkey on Thursday and a nap on Friday. There's tons more going on those days, but that's honestly what I'm looking most towards.

The Purple Fuzzy

Rode with Chel & Robbie to the funeral in MS today. Heading home now.

Roscoe

Hate that it was for a funeral, but happy you got to spend time with them. I miss Chel and Robbie, and my little namesake.  :teeth:
Morning all. Praying "Create in me a clean heart oh Lord and renew a right spirit within me"....Cause the whole right spirit thing is kinda struggling to remain on track and not be derailed. :lol:
BUT- one day closer to four days off. Thank de Lawd.

Nelle

Pass the offering plate! Almost done with today, and then just tomorrow!

Doing payroll today so that we can submit it to the bank by deadline tomorrow morning in order to have it posted on Friday. "What do you mean I have to tell you what hours I'll work on Wednesday today? I don't know yet!" LOL.. I'm like.. "We do this for every holiday that falls like this. You just have to project what you really think you'll work tomorrow." I'm trying to remind them to project conservatively, because adjusting paychecks is no fun business. Especially not when you're dealing with the unions.

Listening to music while working on invoicing and waiting on the above-mentioned payroll to be called in.

Lynx

I think I'm getting old.

I just want the holidays to be over. It's too much effort.

I didn't used to be like this. Last year I loved the holidays. Maybe I'll love them again when we get into them this year. But right now I'm not looking forward to it.

I think that's what it is. I'm just getting old and tired. Blah humbug.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:.
Been a busy morning/day. We are going to get to leave early though, for which I am thankful...

Nelle

@Work. Eating peanut butter cookies. My coworkers are all a little older than me, and kinda like moms sometimes and also friends too. Today is mom day tho. She baked my peanut butter cookie dough for me. It really does taste better when she makes them instead. LOL.

Roscoe

Made it through the day. Had desires to stay in the recliner, but Lou wanted to go eat. So we set out to do so, only to get the call that one of our church members' health relapsed and was back in the hospital. So instead of a steak and a recliner I had a Chik-Filet sandwich and a hospital waiting room for five hours. Praise God, he pulled through, although he has a temporary Pace maker for now. We left the hospital to discover that I'd apparently ran over what turned out to be a valve stem from someone else's tire, which punched a hole in our tire. I got to figure out where Lincoln hid their spare... We are home now, and I've plugged the tire. I'll remount it tomorrow, and may see about getting it patched, although I've  ran hundreds of thousands of miles with a plugged tire.
 Thankfully, I shall be able to sleep in tomorrow...and the next day.

Lynx

You ran HOW FAR on a plugged tire? o.O

Dude, if you know of tires that run hundreds of thousands of miles, let a brother know the secret!
"Do you sing at church?"