News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

What in the blue blazes was that bellering about????
Ironically enough, I read that while eating- spaghetti. Fortunately,` Cheese is NOT covering it` as he is assumed to be herding birds and cows several hours north of here..

Today was achingly long. And I need to get something together for tomorrow night. And my hopes to work on the camper this weekend have been dashed, as we are going to be working on the church roof.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on June 18, 2018, 02:36:30 AMCurrently fighting with my computer. :mad: Stupid thing. Apparently a driver went nuts, the laptop keyboard and touchpad won't work. I've done everything I know of, updating drivers, deleting and re-installing drivers, even restored it, wiping off a bunch of my needed apps, INCLUDING my beloved Microsoft Money program, which knocked out the years' worth of tables and pie charts I use to make my budget and points to Lou. Totally bit happy. It still is jacked up, and it couldn't do that when I had TWO IT guys at my house, it waited until they were gone. :pound:
I guess I should be happy that it's still functional with a USB keyboard and a USB mouse.
Sounds like liquid got in there seen it many times. If it wasn't liquid either the cord is loose or part of the motherboard is likely damaged. Get the USB Logitech Keyboard and Mouse and plug on till you kill another computer. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: mini on June 18, 2018, 02:33:29 PMA couple of pictures from this weekend.  Gracie heard there was a need for a junkyard dog and decided to try out for the job...

Roscoe sure needs a shave and a haircut. Never thought I'd say that last part to him of all people, but Roscoe you look ruff in these pics.  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:

taco_harvell

Quote from: mini on June 19, 2018, 08:27:46 PM*walks to the center of the room*

*taps mic*

*clears throat*

:sing:

on top of SPAGEEEETTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

ALL COVERED WITH CHEESEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*bows*

*walks out of room*
Encore...Encore...

taco_harvell

Quote from: mini on June 16, 2018, 12:31:11 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on June 16, 2018, 07:52:39 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 16, 2018, 04:39:52 AMSorry dogs.
So, we all know that this is Car-Mecca this week....the holy week for all automotive lovers in this area to descend upon my area for the annual swap meet. For the last seven years or so, Mini has found himself here, usually with chellbelle and kiddos, and we just have a generally great time.
This year, since Jerm has not met Bro Lawrence,our new associate pastor, we decided to host a cook out and have the Lawrence's over to meet the Porters, and even got Bro Papa to wander over with Sis Wilson.

So,Jerm and fam set off to run to Conway while I head to the local butcher shop to buy 10 lbs of fresh ground burger- no telling how much of a cow we can eat.
Jerm calls and asks me to meet him at Walmart to "get something and take it to your house." I thought it odd, since they were going to be out in a bit, but Jerm's odd anyway,so I headed that way. He gets out with a little camera and begans blathering while I am very puzzled indeed. Then a small car tools up next to me, and my first thought is "A whole parking lot and this idiot parks 6 inches from my door". Then my cranky butt looks over and---in the car is Burrito, sunlight and my handsome namesake of a nephew! Absolutely left me without words. :lol:

Needless to say, I got to spend some amazing quality time with some people I love. IT was awesome,and I've done told young Bobby that when he grows up and has that first date, Uncle Roscoe will hook him up with a cool car for that first impression- maybe a Corvette or the like for that one date. :freaky:

:sadbounce:  :'(

It just ain't fair! He hasn't got to meet his favorite uncle yet!  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:

:laughhard:

Ok Taco, that made me laugh.  Me and Roscoe have been carrying on and you come on here and top us....
I just speak truth into your lives! :)

Roscoe

:hi: Lord. My back went out on me. And it didn't invite me to go with it. Flares up about once a year...I am walking like an 80 year old man. And I'm supposed to teach tonight, which means I have about a nanosecond to have something to teach after work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Should be preparing all the time.... :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 20, 2018, 04:29:25 AM
Quote from: mini on June 18, 2018, 02:33:29 PMA couple of pictures from this weekend.  Gracie heard there was a need for a junkyard dog and decided to try out for the job...

Roscoe sure needs a shave and a haircut. Never thought I'd say that last part to him of all people, but Roscoe you look ruff in these pics.  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:

:spitlaugh:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on June 20, 2018, 12:40:47 PM:hi: Lord. My back went out on me. And it didn't invite me to go with it. Flares up about once a year...I am walking like an 80 year old man. And I'm supposed to teach tonight, which means I have about a nanosecond to have something to teach after work.
In season and out!

Roscoe

And...the day is over. The bible study is complete. I'm am in pain, but will make it. And I am repenting over my bad attitude I've had to tamp down all day..fixing to go to church, pray and teach.

The Purple Fuzzy

I got to see baby Bobby today. :bigcheese:

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on June 20, 2018, 10:44:59 PMAnd...the day is over. The bible study is complete. I'm am in pain, but will make it. And I am repenting over my bad attitude I've had to tamp down all day..fixing to go to church, pray and teach.

What did you preach about?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

sunlight

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on June 21, 2018, 02:50:42 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 20, 2018, 10:44:59 PMAnd...the day is over. The bible study is complete. I'm am in pain, but will make it. And I am repenting over my bad attitude I've had to tamp down all day..fixing to go to church, pray and teach.

What did you preach about?
Just broke down the first 15 verses of Romans the 8th chapter, verse by verse "There is no  condemnation..". More of a bible study than preaching. That chapter has really spoke to me lately. Went through some definitions and expounded a bit on it.

taco_harvell

I've been really working toward improving my credit. I'm facing a dilemma in this though; one thing it says is good is my oldest credit account was opened 26 years ago. One of the things showing up against me is the oldest account went to collections or was a bankruptcy or judgment. They can't give me any facts except the account is 26 years old went to collections or court and wasn't paid.

I was only 14!

I don't even remember knowing or caring about credit at 14 because it was something I heard about on TV for cars and credit card commercials. When I was 14-15 my parents filed for bankruptcy. The first credit report I sent for when I was around 22 listed my dad who has the same middle and last name and the exact same initials as me as my ''alias''. It took 8 years of fighting to get his name off my report as an ''alias''.

It appears this might be my parent's bankruptcy. At this point, though I honestly don't know if that's what it is and if I fight to remove the oldest account even though it's a blemish could drastically lower my credit. I have no clue as to what needs to be done and how there are blemishes against me before I opened my first credit account at 20.

Anyone know how this stuff really works?  :smirk2:

I miss kindergarten!

Roscoe

Write a letter to the three credit bureaus contesting the account, and if necessary, tell them you can send a copy of your birth certificate showing that you were a minor at the time said account was open and unable to enter into a civil contract legally. The creditor has to respond in thirty days or it will be removed from your credit report. Go to annualcreditreport.com and get your credit reports. Each company has procedures to dispute an account, and each company website should have a way to do so for you, but basically, you file a dispute.

Speaking of which- I've worked on my credit as well. Never had a late payment or missed payment, my score is good, but debt to income ratio keeps it a bit lower than I'd like. Never could figure out why until this morning when I pulled one of my annual reports I was due to pull. A couple years ago, my mortgage company sold my account. No big deal- but one of the factors they look at is how much you owe vs how much you borrowed. So, my $85k mortgage that I've paid $25k on, instead of showing $85k shows a borrowed amount of $72k, which was the balance when they sold my mortgage.. Which makes it look like my paid amount to borrowed amount much less. Fat crooks. This is hampering my debt score. LOL (Dave Ramsey claims that a credit score is just a debt score showing that you are stupid enough to use credit)

Morning, all. Back is still hurting, although thanks to ibuprofen it is bearable. I'm worried- I need to be 100% for Saturday. We are supposed to be putting a metal roof on the church, we don't have a lot of help, and in my present state, I can't carry a ladder, much less climb one.

Nelle

We have to replace our roof, per our insurance, or we will be dropped at renewal time. Scrambling to get quotes and to figure out how to pay for a new roof before 8/15! Ugh.. I hate insurance sometimes, haha.

In other news, I get to see my parents tomorrow night!

MsJennJenn

I'm just here. With ailments. And my heating pad.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here too. Just checking in.  :hi:

MsJennJenn

Had another kidney stone today. Sigh. I caught this one though! For the urologist.

It's been a rough week.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

I hope you all get to feeling better soon.

Roscoe's ailments are probably just meanness though...

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on June 21, 2018, 01:04:43 PMWrite a letter to the three credit bureaus contesting the account, and if necessary, tell them you can send a copy of your birth certificate showing that you were a minor at the time said account was open and unable to enter into a civil contract legally. The creditor has to respond in thirty days or it will be removed from your credit report. Go to annualcreditreport.com and get your credit reports. Each company has procedures to dispute an account, and each company website should have a way to do so for you, but basically, you file a dispute.

Speaking of which- I've worked on my credit as well. Never had a late payment or missed payment, my score is good, but debt to income ratio keeps it a bit lower than I'd like. Never could figure out why until this morning when I pulled one of my annual reports I was due to pull. A couple years ago, my mortgage company sold my account. No big deal- but one of the factors they look at is how much you owe vs how much you borrowed. So, my $85k mortgage that I've paid $25k on, instead of showing $85k shows a borrowed amount of $72k, which was the balance when they sold my mortgage.. Which makes it look like my paid amount to borrowed amount much less. Fat crooks. This is hampering my debt score. LOL (Dave Ramsey claims that a credit score is just a debt score showing that you are stupid enough to use credit)

Morning, all. Back is still hurting, although thanks to ibuprofen it is bearable. I'm worried- I need to be 100% for Saturday. We are supposed to be putting a metal roof on the church, we don't have a lot of help, and in my present state, I can't carry a ladder, much less climb one.

Oh me and TransUnion may end up in court after today. The story is too long for me to type while in pain, but they had some of my dad's debt and debt from a man named Joe Harrell who lives 5.2 miles from where my dad moved who we don't even know on my credit report listed as my ''aliases''.

:offtopic:
Praise GOD with me and pray! Oral surgery just called and they had a cancelation and I can see the dentist Monday at 11. Pray he takes these three teeth out on Monday and doesn't make a huge deal out of it. Like the other guy. Also, pray for financing for the procedure!!!

sunlight

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 21, 2018, 05:33:14 AMI've been really working toward improving my credit. I'm facing a dilemma in this though; one thing it says is good is my oldest credit account was opened 26 years ago. One of the things showing up against me is the oldest account went to collections or was a bankruptcy or judgment. They can't give me any facts except the account is 26 years old went to collections or court and wasn't paid.

I was only 14!

I don't even remember knowing or caring about credit at 14 because it was something I heard about on TV for cars and credit card commercials. When I was 14-15 my parents filed for bankruptcy. The first credit report I sent for when I was around 22 listed my dad who has the same middle and last name and the exact same initials as me as my ''alias''. It took 8 years of fighting to get his name off my report as an ''alias''.

It appears this might be my parent's bankruptcy. At this point, though I honestly don't know if that's what it is and if I fight to remove the oldest account even though it's a blemish could drastically lower my credit. I have no clue as to what needs to be done and how there are blemishes against me before I opened my first credit account at 20.

Anyone know how this stuff really works?  :smirk2:

I miss kindergarten!

If your real oldest acct has been standing since you were 20- the points you would lose for canceling the oldest acct would be less than the points you should gain getting it straightened out. It's like less than a 10 point difference if your oldest one for real is that old.

MsJennJenn

Credit scores are so janky. You need a high one to be good. But in cases like Taco's his got messed up without his own doing!
I didn't even know people could be aliases under you like that.

But I do agree with Chel - I wouldn't cancel your oldest account. That works in your favor.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi: Morning, all. Back at work. Had to road trip yesterday, down to South Arkansas. Found a hole in the wall restaurant that was yummy. Gonna do a few home visit today, I think.