News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Ask Mr Minnesota

Started by Sis, March 29, 2008, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Ok, I was kinda impressed that Pig Out was so popular that people in Cali knew about it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

RainbowJingles

lol  People in Cali who know people in Oklahoma know about Pig Out Palace!  :-)

EricShane

there a pizza place here that has a "Big Hog" pizza.. lol
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

mini

^bump for Johnboy... *grin*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

I'm pretty sure you're being studiously ignored, Mini. *grin*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

iridiscente

but if you bother him tooo much you might get studiously jousted...

mini

Anyone need any advice today?

SippinTea

Yes.

Do you recommend straight white light strings, or icicle lights?
Dresses with a sash, or without?
Chocolate or white cake? or no cake at all?

*laugh*

The Purple Fuzzy

What do you need to do when you don't know what you should do?

MelodyB

:popcorn:

Quote from: SippinTea on August 10, 2009, 09:55:59 PM
Yes.

*laugh*

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Quote from: SippinTea on August 10, 2009, 09:55:59 PM
Yes.

*laugh*

The simpler, the better.

Hopefully, you were asking about a wedding...at least that's the way I read it...if not, disregard this rant.  
I wonder who's wedding sipper is working on...

(this next rant is not pointed at sipper in any way)

Why waste (yes im calling it a waste) $5,000 on junk to make a wedding all fancy, and not spend $.02 on making a marriage last?  Get the important stuff FIRST.  Then have a big celebration at 50 years.

Talk about the stuff that derails a marriage first.

Standards.  Unless (God forbid) you are brother and sister and believe that every family tree should have no branches, you need to talk about standards.  Why do you believe that, why does he believe that?  Talk, talk, and TALK about standards.  Your church is different.  His church is different.  Your pastor is different.  His pastor is different.  He may think PG rated movies are ok.  You may think any moving picture will send you to hell.  Shes dreamed of a ring since she was old enough to make Ken and Barbie marry.  He has been taught that rings are of the devil, and you will go to hell if you wear one.  Will there be a problem if you don't talk about them?  Ohhhh yeahh....

Money.  Will you work?  Will he work?  Will you live off welfare?  Will both of you work?  Sounds stupid, but you have to talk about money.  It causes more divorces than you would think.

Relations.  Nuff said....

Kids.  You want a dozen.  He is deathly afraid of kids.  You expect him to change diapers.  He won't even shop for your "personal" effects.  How do you expect him to change a diaper?

Church.  You think that its ok to be there when church starts.  He wants to be there at least a hour before church starts.  Problem?  You betcha...

There are a million other things.  Toothpaste.  What kind of Mayo?  Laundry detergent.  There is nothing to small not to fight over.  And the more you talk about things, the easier the transition is.

Why are first anniverserys so important?  If you don't kill each other, its a milestone!   :grin:

Some other advice?  Write down everything you do together.  10 years from now, you will wonder, what were we doing...and you will have a record.  

Learn to put your spouse before yourself.

Never let the kids be more important than your spouse.  Don't think that's a big deal?  What will you do in 20 years when you find out you spent the last 20 years building a relationship with your kid, and neglected the one with your spouse?  Its called headed for the big D, and I don't mean Dallas.  Always work on your relationship with your spouse first.

KEEP GOD FIRST!

GOD
                  ^
                /    \
              /        \
            /            \
          /                \
     Husband------- Wife

The closer you draw to God...the closer you get to each other.

KEEP GOD FIRST!

So back to sippers question...elope.  If that is not a option, or a simple wedding where you walk to the front and say I do and that's it, please, for God's sake, work on the marriage first, not the wedding.

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 10, 2009, 09:56:47 PM
What do you need to do when you don't know what you should do?

Fast and pray. 

Read God's word (also known as the bible).  If you want to hear the voice of God about a situation, why not read and see what he said about the situation?

JoyGirl

Mr. Minnesota...

I do declare I need some advice...
What do you do when you are just so angry with someone you can't say anything at, because of fear that you might say something that you would regret?

SippinTea

Thanks, Mini. I had a feeling you'd feel that way. :)

mini

Quote from: JoyGirl on August 11, 2009, 06:04:27 PM
Mr. Minnesota...

I do declare I need some advice...
What do you do when you are just so angry with someone you can't say anything at, because of fear that you might say something that you would regret?

It all boils down to that much feared and oft despised word:  Forgiveness.  Hurts, huh?

Take it from me, it hurts to forgive.  Forgiveness opens the wound fresh, but cleanses it.  You ever see something get infected?  It may start out as a little cut, but if you don't clean it, pretty soon it festers into a horrid infected mass.  Same way with forgiveness.  If you don't open it up and allow God to clean your heart, it will fester into bitterness, and your spirit will give off a rancid odor. 

Ain't nobody wanna be friends with a bitter person.

Look at what Jesus said:

Matt 18:21-22

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Jesus was saying (brace yourself) forgive them 490 times.  Doesn't sound like alot.  Read Pete's question again...then look at Jesus' response:  490 times for EACH offense.  Imagine if a police man pulled you over for speeding, and said here is your warning.  The next day, he pulls you over in the same spot, and you know you deserve a ticket, but he says, "that was yesterday.  Today is a new day.  Here is your warning."

Next verse:

Matt 5:43-47

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Jesus didn't say it was easy, he just said do it.  But why?

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

You wanna get to heaven right?  You cant just forgive if you feel like it.  You cant just love those who never hurt you.

I read about a elderly lady:

"I'll never forgive him. I told him I would never forgive him." The attractive elderly lady spoke softly, but with resolve, to the night nurse. Her expression was troubled as she turned away, focusing her eyes on the drape closing in her nursing home bed. The conversation had traveled from the temporal to the eternal and now a deep hurt had surfaced.

She told of how her brother had approached her hospital bed, accusing her of taking more than her share of family heirlooms following their mother's death. He spoke of various items, ending with "the berry spoon." He said, "I want the berry spoon." For the 40 years since the parent's death he had hidden his feelings, and now they erupted. She was both hurt and angered by his accusation and vowed never to forgive him. "It's my spoon. It was given to me," she defended herself. "He's wrong and I won't forgive him."

A berry spoon. In the bed lay a woman given two months to live— 60 days—and she would face eternity and never see her brother again in this life. Her mind and spirit were in anguish, and her only remaining family tie was broken over a spoon.

How many berry spoons are there in our lives? How many things, as insignificant as a spoon, in light of eternity, separate us from full communion with God? How much lack of forgiveness keeps us from fellowship with others?

Matt 6:14-15

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

You gotta forgive.  If you dont, you wont be forgiven.  Frankly, heaven wont be the same without you.  Psalms 103:12 says "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."  If God can do that for you, you can do that for others.  Even if it hurts.

One day when Stan Mooneyham was walking along a trail in East Africa with some friends, he became aware of a delightful odor that filled the air. He looked up in the trees and around at the bushes in an effort to discover where it was coming from. Then his friends told him to look down at the small blue flower growing along the path. Each time they crushed the tiny blossoms under their feet, more of its sweet perfume was released into the air. Then his friends said, "We call it the forgiveness flower."

This forgiveness flower does not wait until we ask forgiveness for crushing it. It does not release its fragrance in measured doses or hold us to a reciprocal arrangement. It does not ask for an apology; it merely lives up to its name and forgives—freely, fully, richly. What a touching example of outrageous forgiveness!

Luke 17:1-4

17 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Corrie ten Boom likened forgiveness to letting go of a bell rope. If you have ever seen a country church with a bell in the steeple, you will remember that to get the bell ringing you have to tug awhile. Once it has begun to ring, you merely maintain the momentum. As long as you keep pulling, the bell keeps ringing. Miss ten Boom said forgiveness is letting go of the rope. It is just that simple. But when you do so, the bell keeps ringing. Momentum is still at work. However, if you keep your hands off the rope, the bell will begin to slow and eventually stop.

It is like that with forgiveness. When you decided to forgive, the old feelings of unforgiveness may continue to assert themselves. After all, they have lots of momentum. But if you affirm your decision to forgive, that unforgiving spirit will begin to slow and will eventually be still. Forgiveness is not something you feel, it is something you do. It is letting go of the rope of retribution.

Sis

Quote from: minnesota68 on May 29, 2009, 07:25:18 PM
Ok, I was kinda impressed that Pig Out was so popular that people in Cali knew about it.

I've been to pig palaces from Minnesota, to Colorado, and to Washington DC.  Everyone knows about pig palaces. LOL

JoyGirl

sunlight

I love this thread.

How is it that you can work on the job with one person and want to quit because of that one person... and then work with a different person the next week, and want to stay there forever?

Why is it important to let the Guy do the chasing in a relationship?

When does an animal become exotic?

Did you ever complete that bass or guitar that you were working on, and if so, do you have more pictures yet? :grin:

How do you know when you have forgiven? when you arent bitter? when you can talk about it? when you can be friends with a person again?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

Quote from: sunlight on August 13, 2009, 04:05:05 PM
How is it that you can work on the job with one person and want to quit because of that one person... and then work with a different person the next week, and want to stay there forever?

Personality.  Some people have it, some people lack it.

QuoteWhy is it important to let the Guy do the chasing in a relationship?

This goes back to the stone age.  If a guy could run fast enough to kill a woolly mammoth, then he could keep you fed.  Today, if he wont pursue you, he won't be bringing home the bacon.

QuoteWhen does an animal become exotic?
Depends if it is native to your part of the country.

QuoteDid you ever complete that bass or guitar that you were working on, and if so, do you have more pictures yet? :grin:
Nope.  Been busy as a one legged man in a stump jumping contest.

QuoteHow do you know when you have forgiven? when you arent bitter? when you can talk about it? when you can be friends with a person again?

Personally, I think when you can pray for that person with a Godly love, and Godly sorrow, then you have forgiven.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 19, 2009, 05:45:22 PM

This goes back to the stone age.  If a guy could run fast enough to kill a woolly mammoth, then he could keep you fed.  Today, if he wont pursue you, he won't be bringing home the bacon.

:laughhard:

lol  And here all along I thought it had something to do with male and female roles and all that serious stuff.  I don't even like bacon alll that much!  Maybe I should stop worrying and start pursuing instead?   :up2:

:hypocrite:

mini

Quote from: RainbowJingles on September 11, 2009, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on August 19, 2009, 05:45:22 PM

:laughhard:

lol  And here all along I thought it had something to do with male and female roles and all that serious stuff.  I don't even like bacon alll that much!  Maybe I should stop worrying and start pursuing instead?   :up2:

If you pursue him, he will expect you to bring home the bacon.  So make him chase you... :freaky2:

sunlight

If heat rises, then how does ice float?

Why do some peopel feel worse after sleeping more, and better after only sleeping like 3 hrs?

When is the right time?

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

Quote from: sunlight on September 12, 2009, 10:13:22 AM
If heat rises, then how does ice float?

The reason why ice is lighter than water is that a certain mass of ice occupies more space than the same mass of water. This is related to "hydrogen bonding".

A water molecule is composed of two hydrogen atoms (H) and one oxygen atom (O). The atoms of hydrogen and oxygen are bound by sharing their electrons with one another. This bond is called a "covalent bond".

However, since oxygen atoms pull electrons more strongly than hydrogen atoms, the oxygen atom in a water molecule has a slightly negative charge and the hydrogen atoms have a slightly positive charge. So adjacent water molecules are attracted to one another through the slightly negatively charged oxygen atoms and the slightly positively charged hydrogen atoms. This interaction is called "hydrogen bonding". Hydrogen bonding is much weaker than covalent bonding, however, this type of bonding has a large total effect because there are so many hydrogen bonds.

Ice has a diamond structure due to the hydrogen bonding. Water does not have such an orderly structure, but water molecules are squeezed close to one another because of the hydrogen bonding.

There is more space in ice than in water! This is the reason why ice is lighter than water. Therefore, ice can float on water.
Thank goodness for copy and paste.

QuoteWhy do some peopel feel worse after sleeping more, and better after only sleeping like 3 hrs?

It all depends if you evolved from monkeys or apes.  If you have a tail, then you can get by on fewer hours.  If tail is absent, then you must have more sleep to survive.

When is the right time?

Depends entirely on the circumstance.

If yer hunting, then the right time is during the proper season.  And when you have a good aim on the prey.
If yer talking about getting hitched, it do be when he is properly single.  And if he is properly single cause you dun killed his spouse/girlfriend/fiance, then it be not the proper time.
IF yer talking about buying a house, only when you have settled down.
If yer talking about becoming a nun, never.
If yer talking about having kids, see my second "If yer."
If yer talking about buying stocks, when they are low.
If yer talking about selling stocks, when they are high.
If yer talking about sending the payment for my vote for you for Godplace Poster of the Year, harry up wuman!  Im gonna tell them that you paid me off if you don't send my bribe!

MelodyB

:sing: "If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey, even if it has a monkey kind of shape, if it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey, if it doesn't have a tail it's  not a monkey it's an ape!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--szrOHtR6U&feature=youtube_gdata

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini