News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on June 20, 2019, 01:47:42 PMI'm drinking water and eating iced animal crackers/cookies. I had to share my pink ones with our office kid, so I'm eating the white ones, haha.

I have also had one single Reese cup and two small chicken strips dipped in sweet & sour sauce. Odd combo, but I was hungry!

ONE WEEK and a couple of days!! WOOO.

I have so much to do between now and then that I should stop counting it down, haha.

Revival services this weekend with Bro. Frank Jordan. Love hearing him preach.
Brother Jordan is a good man and a good preacher, and Sis Connie is a sweetheart.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on June 20, 2019, 02:10:49 PM
Quote from: Nelle on June 20, 2019, 01:47:42 PMI'm drinking water and eating iced animal crackers/cookies. I had to share my pink ones with our office kid, so I'm eating the white ones, haha.

I have also had one single Reese cup and two small chicken strips dipped in sweet & sour sauce. Odd combo, but I was hungry!

ONE WEEK and a couple of days!! WOOO.

I have so much to do between now and then that I should stop counting it down, haha.

Revival services this weekend with Bro. Frank Jordan. Love hearing him preach.
Brother Jordan is a good man and a good preacher, and Sis Connie is a sweetheart.

Truly! We love them up here! You don't even have to TRY to say nice things about them, because that's really who they are. :)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on June 19, 2019, 09:38:21 PM
Quote from: mini on June 19, 2019, 08:03:57 PMYou bunch of :flush: heads...
Look, you don't know the half of it. Grandma said the last pot of chili I made had too many beans, so she didn't eat much. (Gives her gas.) Last night I ate chili for supper and this morning I ate chili for breakfast. And for lunch yesterday I ate a can of blackeyed peas.

Yeah, this thread title is an unpleasant reminder for me.

"How many beans in a can of Bush's Best?
How many beans in a can?
The answer my friend
Is blowing in the wind"

Okay but you straight up ASKED for it all them beans. Gross lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

Been running a fever all week I'm scheduled to get some teeth pulled but they won't if I have a fever. My torso/ribs/back on the right side still feels like a bus sideswiped. I need a trip out west once my body recovers... And my wallet!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

:hi: Finally Friday. And yes, Taco, you need a trip out west. And I need to go a tad further west myself- to pick up Sam. I just haven't had time to do so.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We've had various kiddos around the last two days and different ones coming in a few days.

Roscoe

Shew. Mowed the yard, finished my gate on the fence, planted several new flowers, and rebuilt the yard decoration that I had with our family name on it. I'd made it out of a pallet, and didn't really love the look. When I finished with my gate, I realized I had a couple of 3 1/2 foot long section of picket fence left over- JUST like what I had originally envisioned. I've now got the letters painted a nice teal blue and the fence section painted white. When it dries I'll re-install it.
Been a busy day. Tomorrow will be NOTHING but church. I ain't lifting a finger...

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

The yard has needed mowing for a good week or so. But the grass has been too wet to mow for about a week or so.  Feh.

In other news, you know the worst part about Sunday? There is no chance in the world that the thing you have been waiting for will come in the mail today.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on June 23, 2019, 10:53:13 AMThe yard has needed mowing for a good week or so. But the grass has been too wet to mow for about a week or so.  Feh.

In other news, you know the worst part about Sunday? There is no chance in the world that the thing you have been waiting for will come in the mail today.
We get Amazon stuff and wound care supplies delivered on Sunday all the time now by the USPS.

Lynx

o.O

Well they never run on Sundays here. I didn't know they ran on Sundays anywhere.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on June 23, 2019, 12:26:17 PMo.O

Well, they never run on Sundays here. I didn't know they ran on Sundays anywhere.
The ''Next Day'' contracts they signed to deliver for Amazon Prime, Medical Suppliers, and the stuff that UPS and FedEx deliver to the post office and USPS does their local delivery. It's been a bit of a bad relationship so far in every case.

Lynx

So after adding in the music I got from all these records I found at the flea market... my music collection is now more than 10,000 tracks. And it's all songs I know and like.

On the other hand, you can get a computer off-the-shelf at Walmart that has more RAM than my whole music collection (in .ogg format) takes up. I can't figure out if that means computers are super-fast these days, or I need to get more music.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Monday has attacked again.....
 I don't wanna adult! I wanna have the summer off like I usta.

MsJennJenn

Yes I concur, super hot in Texas. I spent Saturday with 2 girlfriends in the pool at Mom's. (Mom and Dad were traveling back from Amarillo). It was the best Saturday. Then church Sunday. meh.

It's been breezy and around 77 degrees this morning though. Threatening rain again, but so far so good. It stormed hard last night though.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on June 23, 2019, 12:26:17 PMo.O

Well they never run on Sundays here. I didn't know they ran on Sundays anywhere.

Yep. In our area, my husband's office doesn't deliver on Sundays, but about 15 minutes up the road in Carbondale, they do. I'm glad his station didn't meet their criteria for it. That's ONE day we KNOW he will be off every week, but in the hubs they have to take a random other day off instead.

@Work. Day 1 of 5 until vacation! I have so much to do that I should not even be over here typing, haha. I also only have one Reese cup left of my two.

mini

Morning everyone.

I feel like Im not running at 100% today.  I was in bed a little after 7 pm last night...ugh.

In other news, if you have anything that you need to pin on someone, just remember its Roscoes fault.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Yeah, well... I'd like to take that offer, but Bobby has enough to deal with right now. Can I take a rain check?
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

He needs more to deal with.  Trust me.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

I waited too late to eat lunch.  :cry2:  We have our insurance auditor coming in about 20 minutes. Hopefully he won't stay the full 2 hours he has allotted for himself though. I can at least snack while he's here, since HOPEFULLY he's going to be quick and quiet, like our old auditor. :)

Day 2 of 5 until vacation!! I'm apparently going to freeze to death on the vacation once we finally get up in Montana/Wyoming, haha. It's not getting above 75 for most of the time we are there. It'll be WONDERFUL to wear my favorite clothing item (a cardigan) with my regular clothes! LOL. It's like a security blanket for me.

I've been steadily marking things off my to do list, but I unfortunately keep finding things to add. I'll eventually get done, or I'll leave for vacation. For my coworkers' sakes, I hope I get my list mostly done before that happens, hahaha.

My brother & SIL are leaving today for their Alaskan cruise. I can't decide if I do or don't want to ever do that. I'm sure it would be BEAUTIFUL, but I'm honestly still a little nervous about being in so much water on a boat. lol.. Same goes for flying above so much water. It just.. unnerves me.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on June 25, 2019, 05:41:59 PMMy brother & SIL are leaving today for their Alaskan cruise. I can't decide if I do or don't want to ever do that. I'm sure it would be BEAUTIFUL, but I'm honestly still a little nervous about being in so much water on a boat. lol.. Same goes for flying above so much water. It just.. unnerves me.

I hate the cold. Like if you've ever known anyone with S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder lol) take how they are and times it by ten and that's me in winter.

BUT...I would do an Alaskan cruise I think. But only with a bear to cuddle with.
I want more than anything to see a whale.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

When Dina was in Cabo there were places that would take you out on a boat to watch whales. We never got to do it, though.

Nelle

I feel like there are whale watching tours of the coast of California or Florida as well. I'd love to see dolphins! I'd more like to see penguins in real life (non-zoo), but I don't want to go to Antarctica, haha.

Roscoe

Heck,if I wanna see a whale, I look in the mirror lately. I've gotta lose weight. :pound:
And I've been busy today. Had my interview for Agent promotion today- I is now an Agent man..
And I ruined a good pair of dress pants today.
On the way to the interview, I think "I want to make sure my breath isn't offensive, so I'll stop and get some chewing gum."
I pulled into a little convenience store that I used to stop at regularly. It appeared that someone had driven through fresh paint all over the parking lot. This should have been a clue. Must to my dismay, I discovered after getting out of the car, that these idiots had freshly painted the white parking lines- but had not blocked it off. The mess was not dry. You could track everywhere I went by the white foot prints, and some got on the hem of my dress pants, of which I do not have many. I was ticked.
On the bright side I managed to wear the wet paint off before I tracked it all over headquarters.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on June 25, 2019, 08:14:17 PMI feel like there are whale watching tours of the coast of California or Florida as well. I'd love to see dolphins! I'd more like to see penguins in real life (non-zoo), but I don't want to go to Antarctica, haha.

I've hugged a dolphin!!! lol BEST DAY EVERRRRRRRRR
-Alexander Den Heijer-