News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Maybe you and Lou can set up a system like the "indulgences" of the Catholic church, whereby (at one time) you could pay penance in advance for a sin you knew you were going to commit.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 07, 2018, 01:20:58 AMMaybe you and Lou can set up a system like the "indulgences" of the Catholic church, whereby (at one time) you could pay penance in advance for a sin you knew you were going to commit.

Oh lord. There goes the retirement account. I have so many "bucket list" vehicles to acquire....... I'm probably better off paying penance on the installment plan. LOL.
On the other hand, between Rusty and the newest re-acquisition, I should have a reliable vehicle all the time. Rusty is more modern, and able to cruise at high speeds with his newer running gear, and Clyde has one of Chevrolet's best engines ever....the bulletproof, although not the most powerful, straight six. Very simple little engines.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Ah, the straight-six. Even a nerd like me knows about them. Dependability totally rocks. For my transportation I'll take dependability over speed any day of the year.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Yes you do.  And not to mention one red headed woman who is trying to give you a certain old truck of mine for Clyde.

In other news I nearly had a heart attack.

We have a family chat on our phones.  My parents and sister were texting back and forth and my phone buzzed softly.

Unfortunately, I was door knob dead asleep, on my right side, face inches away from the edge of the bed.

I heard my phone buzz and slowly opened my eyes...

BAM!!!!!!!

There is our German Shepherd, nose to nose, eyeball to eyeball, just staring at me.

Folks, I went from dead asleep to hanging on the ceiling fan in less than a second.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Day off finally. It snowed. It's april. bah.. LOL. At least I'm inside all warm and cozy!

Got my car back a couple of weeks ago, and now Jeremy's truck is in the shop. Hopefully this will solve our issues with his truck for a while.. and I can think about getting a new vehicle later. :) I think we might be closer to getting him a/c again! lol

I need to get going and start going thru our closets. But I really would rather sit under a warm blanket and drink Pepsi..

Roscoe

:hi: Laying around being lazy. Guy backed out on selling Clyde. Apparently I'm not meant to buy anything right now. This didn't stop Lou from dragging me to Victoria's Secrets for some unmentionables. And let me tell ya, Victoria don't have much secrets anymore. I couldn't wait to get outta there......
I'm ready for warmer weather.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel is 31 weeks along. Having some contractions. Please pray she can hold on a little longer.

Nelle

@Work of course. Why do Mondays make me feel sleepier than normal? lol.. Today IS my six year anniversary with this company. I'm secretly hoping someone remembers and brings some cake. :) LOL..

Hopefully Jeremy's truck gets finished today so that we can drive separately in the morning so I can sleep in from 5:30-7am. LOL. An hour and a half combined with the knowledge that someone ELSE is having to get up is ah-mazing sleepytime! LOL..  He was off Thursday so I got a taste of the flip side of that, haha.

I finally got his 'coffee bar' set up yesterday. Everything is finally in the same area and easy to get to so that we can speed up his coffee process in the morning. I'm hoping to set it up for permanent use on the buffet so that there is more space, but this might grow on me! I need to find a china cabinet so that I can put our pretty dishes and stuff in it. We've talked about just getting a curio cabinet and displaying all our quirky coffee cups too tho. I don't want to have TOO much furniture, but maybe our next house will have a bit more realistic space for stuff like that. One step at a time, we WILL get this house in selling condition! :) Our house is large, but its room shapes/layouts don't always make the most sense. :)

I think I might go get a cup of coffee from the kitchen since I know my Dr Peppers are not cold enough to drink yet. And I might just partake in one of my honeybuns from Rural King. They are THE most delicious honeybuns I have EVER had. They beat Hostess & Little Debbie OFF THE MAP! lol

Roscoe

Ugh. Back at work. Nary a Dr Pepper in sight...:pound: Totally ready for this week to be over.

MsJennJenn

Monday again. :roll:

Attempting a media (social/tv) fast this week. Need some re-focus.

In other news....Bahama's in 22 days. :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: 28 more minutes. Today is Craaaaawwwllling by. :pound:

Gonna go home and cook the pork loin I've had marinating for the past 18 hours or so....:fork:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 08, 2018, 06:51:19 PM:hi: Laying around being lazy. Guy backed out on selling Clyde. Apparently I'm not meant to buy anything right now. This didn't stop Lou from dragging me to Victoria's Secrets for some unmentionables. And let me tell ya, Victoria don't have much secrets anymore. I couldn't wait to get outta there......
I'm ready for warmer weather.
Lotta people seem to be backing out of sales over there lately...

And I've never been there, but I have heard that about Victoria.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Didn't feel too good yesterday. Had to take some nausea meds, but I feel MUCH better today. Another girl at work didn't feel good yesterday, so I'm wondering if maybe there was just something here - other than us probably being sick of work, haha.

I would like a nap, but I guess I'll have to pencil in an extra hour of sleep tonight instead. :) I'm hoping the sun comes out a little while today.. because that helps me feel a little less tired.

My husband hates VS. He always says he feels like he's not supposed to be in there, LOL. I use to feel the same back when I was younger - pre-marriage. We use to laugh about how awkward we felt on trips when we would run into other church people, but there really isn't anything wrong with it - no matter how old you are LOL. Anyway. That's getting awkward again, hahahahahahaha.

Jeremy just smoked a pork loin on Sunday in his Pit Boss! The little bite I had Sunday was delicious. I'm hoping to be able to eat some more of it tonight since I didn't get to have any last night and I had already eaten my actual dinner on Sunday by the time it was done, haha. He used some Cajun injection and some kind of brown sugar rub with some 17th Street "magic dust" they call it, haha. We used some Quessenberry bbq sauce to dip it in, but it probably didn't even need the sauce.

MsJennJenn

I cooked a pork loin once. But I don't remember if it was good or not. haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Pork Loin has been my go-to for years. Cheap, many ways to prepare it, and fairly low calorie if you are counting them.

I've smoked it- slice a pocket down the middle, fill with diced apples and onions, a bit of sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in bacon and hickory smoked, basted with honey toward the end of the smoke-
marinated it with a pineapple mango marinade, then broiled.
 seasoned, broiled and covered with a mushroom gravy...
You name it, I've done it. LOL.

Sitting in my office while people work all around us getting the place ready for audit tomorrow. Then we can get back to normal.

Nelle

Ewwww.. You said the BAD a-word!!! I'm hoping and praying we don't have to do another audit of our books in May. Our CPA better be switching to the regular Jan-Dec fiscal year audit and leaving it as we originally discussed. crossing my fingers!! I'd love to be able to have plans in June and July again! haha

Now I'm hungry for that pork loin...... in my fridge........at home...... 30 min away.... and Jeremy has my car... cause his truck is at the shop still. Which reminds me.. I need to call them today and see why they didn't call yesterday and tell me it was done, haha.

MsJennJenn

Trying to write a paper on tv viewership and e-commerce. Ok fine. I don't even have a sentence. :roll:
So tired of writing papers. So, soooooooooo tired.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Now it's turned in and complete! :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Ashlee

Hello everyone!  It's been awhile since I've logged in.  Just landed Tuesday morning in Honolulu for my husbands drs appointments.  He's having surgery again next week.  I hate red eye flights!  lol  The good news is, they got a new plane, so it had some cool new features.  Like an individual tv screen with shows and music.  Unfortunately no christian music tho.  And there was more leg room.  I guess that's why the tickets were so much more. lol  Hope everyone is doing good!

SippinTea

Pork chops in the crock pot. Sick baby. Hubby home from work. I want coffee. And I need to grab a few things at the grocery store. Seems like a good time to tell hubby he's on daddy-duty and make a run for the store - and maybe grab coffee while I'm at it. :D

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MsJennJenn

Practicing my solo for Sunday.  :sing:

Oh and "working"! :hypocrite:

Got 90/100 on the paper I did yesterday. Only lost points cus it was late! :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

My sleep schedule is getting so messed up. Lol. I think I could easily transition back to night shift hours right now.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Hi, Ashlee. I hope the surgery goes well. :)

Ruby,  Daddy duty sounds like a good option. ;)

Jenn, I glad you did well on your paper. :)

Chel, I love you! :bigcheese: