Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 07, 2016, 02:14:13 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on October 06, 2016, 10:34:20 PMChihuahuas are in my top 5 most terrible dogs list.

what are the other 4? haha
My sister has one that I can't stand and another that I really like. I guess the reason is the first one barks at me all the time and the second one likes me...

mini

Ate dinner with a missionary tonight.  We were talking about dogs, and he said he met a prisoner once that said "I hate chihuahuas.  I've been arrested twice and both times were because of chihuahuas."

Apparently the guy had a tendency to break into houses that had chihuahuas, and they yapped like crazy and caused him to get caught...but a German Shepard would be better.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Bobby: I guess I'm a nerd. First thing I noticed in that picture was you are apparently looking up some old forum threads. Then I noticed the dog is smaller than your hand - hope everyone watches where they step. Then I noticed I recognize that room, and THEN I noticed the laundry. As I currently have a pile of laundry on the couch and don't intend to touch it before going to work today, I can't say a thing about laundry on the recliner.

Just hope the dog doesn't burrow into the laundry. You may never find it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 07, 2016, 02:14:13 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on October 06, 2016, 10:34:20 PMChihuahuas are in my top 5 most terrible dogs list.

what are the other 4? haha

My top 5 in no particular order:

chihuahua
dachshunds
jack russells
schnauzers
chinese crested

I have been bitten, scratched, scarred or terrorized by these 5 more than any other dog.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

The temperament of a cat depends on the cat. The temperament of a dog depends on the owner. If a dog is mean, vicious, ill tempered or barking all the time it is because the owner has spoiled it rotten, quite literally. I'm not quite sure why but if you give a dog everything it wants and never reprimand it for misbehavior it will always grow up to be cranky.

Some breeds, especially smaller ones, are more prone to spoilage because they are just so incredibly adorably cute.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Two of the top five are my favorites- Chihuahua and Dachshund. Love the spoiled little vengeful demons.
 Slept in a bit today and spent the rest of the day helping a friend whose parents have Alzheimer's move some of their things to storage. Still haven't got Rusty fixed, but I did score a cool '40's cooler made by JC Higgins company, and got a deal on a table saw. I really didn't need the table saw, but it's a couple hundred dollar saw and I got it for $50. SO that balances out Lou's Chihuahua. Well, not really.  But I gotta stop spending. We've been like drunken sailors this month. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

From what I recall Domino was a nice dog, not cranky. As I said, it depends on the owner.

Talking about spending like drunken sailors though, I remember a letter one sailor wrote to the newspaper editor. "In your paper you said the government has been spending money like a drunk sailor. I take offense to this. I served two years on the USS Potemkin and I can tell you that when we ran out of money we stopped spending."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Not overly pleased today. Lou isn't feeling well.. but what annoys me is automotive. Rusty's down from a stripped sparkplug that I haven't had time to fix...I start the Corvette for the first time in a week, to move it. It has a distinct squeak/tap from the passenger side valvetrain. I strongly suspect a bad lifter, which is above my talents to repair and money to pay right now. I suspect it is fixing to become garage art for a while. Not happy at all about that.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Before Roscoe gets on here and slanders my culinary choices, I told him carrots should never be cooked, especially with a roast.  They are nasty that way.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

You have proved, once again, you have NO taste. That is actually the only way carrots are edible...:fork:

I SO need to work on Wednesday night's bible study. I have the rough idea- but can't get going. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

Tots....Has it really been almost 9 years since the OK meetup?

Lynx

Do you know what time it is!  It's EGGNOG season!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I get kind of irritated when they bring out christmas decorations in September. I don't really like the christmas movies Grandma watches for four months. And it's way too soon for christmas carols - I haven't recovered yet from last year's aural assault. But eggnog I can't wait to see on store shelves. And at last the time is here!
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I'm looking out the sliding glass door at the ocean. All is well in my world.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Quote from: mini on October 11, 2016, 10:10:00 AMTots....Has it really been almost 9 years since the OK meetup?

Seriously?? How is that even possible? Chris and I've been married approx 5 1/2 yrs, and the meet up was...... well, maybe it WAS that long ago. Crazy!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

In recent news...

My family could really use some extra prayer this week. Daddy isn't doing well at. all. in recovery from his knee surgery. It's eerily reminiscent of three years ago after his hip replacement when he almost died. My C section is Thursday morning, and my stress levels are off the charts right now. I'm scared about my dad, I'm apprehensive about my own recovery with all the additional stress right now, and I'm not even going to go into what yesterday was like around here.

Just..... please pray. I'd be grateful. I'm kind of past the point of praying effectively for anyone including myself right now. Prayer is more like a random thrown up "HELP!!!" thing at the moment.

SippinTea

My mom and sis got dad in to see the PA yesterday afternoon. Basically, they told him he's trying to go 70 in a 45 mph, and to lay off on some of the exercises/activity. My dad is a HORRIBLE patient. Anyhow. Less than 24 hrs now until we meet the newest Ringo. :)

:beret:

The Purple Fuzzy

Ruby, I wish we lived closer together. I'd love to see those babies.

Roscoe

Praying for ya Ruby. And your family. And if I can get time to do so, I may order some Pieces of Eight Salsa 'cause I want to try it...just have to see whatthe budget and time says. Totally wish y'all were local, for multitudes of reasons- no shipping, I could better influence Bella and the other tyke with good music, aka Hinsons and Bluegrass,

mini

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 13, 2016, 10:07:13 AMYou call that good music?

:ugly:
I call that GREAT music, you chucklehead. :pound: * Roscoe walks off muttering about how the only taste some people have is in their mouth*

And in sharing- to paraphase an old country sony  :sing: "...the coffeeeee ain't workin' no moreee..." :sing:
But I shall survive. I have had to deal with copious amounts of garbage this week....but...
Last night was different. Bro Wilson went to Branson leaving me to teach. Had a nice ten pages of notes- right before church we got a call that my wife's cousin (backslider whose mama still goes to our church) had gone to the hospital because the baby she was expecting hadn't moved at all that day.. The little fellow didn't make it. :cry:  They took him last night, about a month early. They are devastated. Lou and her cousin are like sisters, so she went to the hospital. Turned out out of 60 or so people in our church only about 12 showed up last night. We decided on a prayer meeting- sang a little, prayed, and I had told them they could leave after prayer. We get done prayng and everyone is just sitting there, like they are waiting on preaching. So, if you gonna sit like that after you been dismissed, fine. I'll beller at ya. :ugly: Wound up speaking for around 20 minutes on "if tomorrow doesn't come"..not what I had, but something I have taught in years past and just seemed to fit, even without notes or the full message. Looked over and our most recent convert who is seeking the Holy Ghost was cying her eyes out. We prayed for a bit longer before dismissing.
And that's  my life so far. Today promises to be a pain. :lol:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe