News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Yeah I usually get a pet from the shelter. Was going to get a cat from there this time, but a coworker had kittens.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

If these people on my caseload don't start showing up, I'M gonna have kittens. :lol:
Yesterday was nonestop, from the moment I walked in until I went home. Today, I'm fixing to have to wander over into hostile territory, aka Sasquatch land, aka, Oklahoma, to pick up a prisoner. So I won't get anything done today either...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

If you have kittens you should video it. You'll be an internet sensation!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on September 13, 2016, 12:56:41 PMIf these people on my caseload don't start showing up, I'M gonna have kittens. :lol:
Yesterday was nonestop, from the moment I walked in until I went home. Today, I'm fixing to have to wander over into hostile territory, aka Sasquatch land, aka, Oklahoma, to pick up a prisoner. So I won't get anything done today either...

If you always had kittens in your office and you were my caseworker (should I need one) I would never miss an appointment. :hypocrite:

I tell my friends they should have puppy/kitten places you can go to just lay in a pile of puppies. It's very therapeutic.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

I would love to go visit that place in CA, The Cat House on The Kings.

YouTube it. It's awesome!

Or rabbit island in Japan. Look that up on YouTube too.

We should take a few trips, Jenn.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: Made it back from my venture into hostile territory, aka, Oklahoma. Escaped with my scalp- apparently a balding scalp is not high on their want list. The prisoner talked nonestop all the way home. I wanted to strangle him.
 Back at work handling paperwork and calls. I'm the only soul here thanks to training and court...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It was very peaceful. Except for all the morons expecting me to work. :P

Heather

Only 1 more chemo treatment left. We got the news yesterday they are going to rescan dad mid October and if everything looks good we are actually going to do radiation as well. When he first got diagnosed, radiation wasn't even an option because they thought chemo wouldn't even work. Radiation now will be to prevent regrowth of the tumors.

I'm really excited for dad and his camper, but lord I'm tired. We did chemo. He wanted to go by AZ and see some of the guys he used to work with. Then he decided he wanted to go to the camper for a bit, then he wanted to wait until Brandon could come out after he got off work at 7, then they fiddled around. Finally got dad back home around 845 and now waiting for him to get out of the shower so I can go home at last and eat my cold dinner. I have to be back here around 11 tomorrow to do it all again. Not to mention I'm missing classes and work and haven't gotten a lick of homework done.

MelodyB

I remember those busy days hauling my dad around to appointments and things and when he felt good, to see his friends and drink coffee and chat and I had to wait till he was ready to go home...took all day some days, came home tired and still had to cook them dinner, and I never accomplished anything I may have needed to do...

But I don't regret it, and you won't either.

Keep pluggin, and take a moment to set these memories in your mind. That's all we have when they are gone.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi:
Prepared paperwork to send one to the pen, paperwork to do the same to another, couseled and talked kindly to another gazillion, counseled and talked unkindly to a gazillion more....I REALLY like my job most days. Today, I just wanna go home. :lol:

Heather

I'm playing hooky today. I was in bed by 9 pm last night and slept til 8 am today. I'm doing homework and getting ahead for next week. I'm liking this working at the school and only doing school deal. It's nice to put all my concentration on school.

Dad bought a grill for his new camper. He is SO excited.

Roscoe

:stupid: Hooky here today too. Had to go sign paperwork for mama at her new nursing home, so the boss told me to just take the day. I didn't argue.  Got a call when I was halfway to Russellville from a guy wanting to look at the Corvette. He claims he is very interested in it. At this point, I don't care. I'll sell it, or I'll keep it, no matter either way.
Came home with the intention to clean out a shed or mow the yard...sat down to eat a sandwich and heard rain. Even though there wasn't a cloud in the sky, it came a flood for about 30 minutes. Just long enough to cancel out any outdoor plans...

Lynx

A flood for 30 minutes without a cloud in the sky... Miraculous intervention to save you from strenuous labor? How do I get in on this?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Pray for Roscoe & Roscoe's mom, she took a turn for the worse.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

My sister actually came in today to see my dad. My initial thought was 'wow, she has a heart' but then she promptly reminded me that she doesn't. She mostly just came in so that me or dad could take her to AT&T to get the new iPhone [we are the only authorized users on the account].  :roll:

I've been fighting a doozy of a sinus headache most of the day. Alas, homework must be done anyway...

Roscoe

Broken today. Blessed. So many emotions. My wonderful Mama slipped away this morning sometime before 345. After 15 years of nursing home, I should be prepared.. Around 245 this morning, I awoke. No reason. Went and checked the phone, no missed calls. Laid back down, had a feeling of overwhelming peace. At 3:45 the phone rang, telling me mama had passed.
I guess God came by to tell me He was on His walk to take her home.
She's far better off. I'll be okay. But right now....right now, I'm broken. I should go to church. But I don't want to face everyone, hear the sympathy, and the stories. I just want to be alone. Far from everyone.

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Roscoe

Heather

*HUGS* for Roscoe

Everything that could go wrong this morning did trying to get to church. Even after I was there I kept telling myself to leave early that I didn't feel well. Then the Holy Ghost dropped and I knew why the devil had fought me tooth and nail this morning not to be there. Shew. I'm drained at this point but alas....homework must be done.

sunlight

* sunlight hugs roscoe and understands the feeling of just wanting to hide.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

*awkardly gives Roscoe manly side hug and prays another prayer for the family*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I still haven't done my homework. As soon as I sat down to start writing a paper my laptop decided to take 2.5 hours to update. While waiting on it, husband realized our basement was flooded because our hot water heater decided to give up the ghost. With no water for the night we went to stay at my parents. Once there and the the rain was pouring down, their roof started leaking.  :roll:

So now I'm at work at the college trying to do my homework that's due today....

MsJennJenn

Ack. Praying for you Roscoe! And it's totally A-ok to slip away and not be around anyone, even if it means skipping church! The Lord knows!

:sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Though it pains me to admit it, I find myself agreeing with Jenn. Do what you gotta do Bobby.
"Do you sing at church?"