News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Our sweet Sis Tammy from church [who gave the best hugs and was an inspiring worshipper] is now worshipping in heaven. It's so weird to think that within 12 hours of worshipping in the altar with her Sunday morning that she is truly worshipping Jesus face to face.

Also we had a local pastor, Bishop Dean Livingston, pass away on Saturday.

Sad times my friends.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Sorry for your loss heather.
And in sharing- This places suc- uh, inhales mightily and consistently. I am Very thankful I lost the weight I did, there's no way I could have done this weighing what I did.  Up at 4:15, in the gym by 5, all kinds of calisthenics, then push ups and sit up for about 30 minutes- followed by an hour of weight lifting, or running, or the like depending on what day it is.
 I'm surviving on water, a single serving bowl of honey nut cheerios with 1% milk for breakfast, a salad for lunch and usually a sandwich or the like for supper. After flag formation at 5:30, I walk a mile to two miles every night, to get the soreness out. Did I mention that it has been in the 80s at 5am and high 90's in the evenings? This place is killing me..but I will survive. Please, keep praying for me. I have muscles hurting where I didn't know I had muscles. I went to pick up an empty plate from the top of the salad bar and nearly cried from the soreness.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby you are making me tired just reading all that. :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Heather.

Wow, Bobby, that's crazy.

sunlight

It's like weight loss boot camp! Wow.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

I'm sorry, Roscoe. I'll be glad when it's behind you.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

The Chinese disease is behind him... LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 03, 2016, 12:59:52 AMSorry for your loss heather.
And in sharing- This places suc- uh, inhales mightily and consistently. I am Very thankful I lost the weight I did, there's no way I could have done this weighing what I did.  Up at 4:15, in the gym by 5, all kinds of calisthenics, then push ups and sit up for about 30 minutes- followed by an hour of weight lifting, or running, or the like depending on what day it is.
 I'm surviving on water, a single serving bowl of honey nut cheerios with 1% milk for breakfast, a salad for lunch and usually a sandwich or the like for supper. After flag formation at 5:30, I walk a mile to two miles every night, to get the soreness out. Did I mention that it has been in the 80s at 5am and high 90's in the evenings? This place is killing me..but I will survive. Please, keep praying for me. I have muscles hurting where I didn't know I had muscles. I went to pick up an empty plate from the top of the salad bar and nearly cried from the soreness.

We're all SUPER proud of you though for doing it all!!!! :clap2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

It's killing me. :lol:
And I don't know about weight loss...I've lost 2 lbs this week. But my chest muscles are building up and the belly is already tight ing up. I'd likely have a six pack if I did this for 3 months instead of 6 weeks.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

I want so badly to poke fun at you with that last statement, Roscoe. But I think I feel too sorry for how your 6 weeks are going to be too mean right now. :lol:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

???

Bobby you have to do this for six weeks? Just to be a parole officer? I thought all that stuff was behind you. Do parole officers in AR do their own chasing down of people who broke parole?

In local news, just as I was getting off work yesterday I got a text that the pastor was sick to his stomach and I would need to preach. EEEEK! It turned out well, but my nerves may not settle down for another two days or so.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

I'm having motivation issues.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

We drove to Michigan yesterday. I'm tired. I love my family but sheesh. I've already been chastised for driving out on my own (not my immediate family, the family we are visiting).  :roll:

sunlight

The weather here has hit the summer high of feeling like its 100 when it's only 10am. Maybe a few days off in the fall would be easier to do outside work. Or I'm just getting old. That's prolly it. I'm old.

Roscoe

Ya'll can poke all the fun you want. I'm laughing about the absurdness of me going through all of this again, when I've got over 2,000 hours of training that this mostly duplicates, and I've got more certificates than some of the instructors...lol.
The good Lord knew I'd need a kick in the rear to get in better shape, thus He provided it. :sadbounce:
Let that be a lesson- if you need to pray more- do it, don't make Him make you.
If you need to be more faithful- do it, don't make Him make you.
And if you need to be a better steward of the body he gave you, no matter how ugly (mini) or misshapen (mini), do it, for God's sake and yours, don't make Him make you..  :laughhard:

We have a few classes then test out tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be home basking in my own a/c and a tub of hot water by 7 pm.....

sunlight

But what if he sees you starting to do it and then decides to help you out? A whole lot? Maybe it's just a jumpstart to get you further on to where you wanna be?

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on August 04, 2016, 10:27:21 PMThe weather here has hit the summer high of feeling like its 100 when it's only 10am. Maybe a few days off in the fall would be easier to do outside work. Or I'm just getting old. That's prolly it. I'm old.
It's legitimately hot outside and if you're old then I'm ancient.

*Isaac bops sunny on the head with his walker and shuffles off to yell at the kids playing on his front yard to get off the grass.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on August 05, 2016, 05:28:48 AMBut what if he sees you starting to do it and then decides to help you out? A whole lot? Maybe it's just a jumpstart to get you further on to where you wanna be?
Maybe He has overestimated where I wanted to be...lol. But He knew what I needed for this job.

Roscoe

Post, thou varlets! I have commanded it!
And in sharing, I slept in today, have a pork loin smoking, test drove a Lincoln SUV I'm thinking about trading Lou's car for, and have walked two miles on a track in an effort to keep my muscles from locking up Monday....oh, and I enjoyed driving Rusty and the 'vette too. Trying to fit all the living into a day and a half....:pound:

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on August 06, 2016, 11:01:26 PMPost, thou varlets! I have commanded it!

:pound:

Went to my cousin's wedding today. First time in months that I've been able to drive more than half hour from home and not feel like I've been kicked in the guts.

The Purple Fuzzy

Had some company drop in unexpectedly last night. They left this morning. I'm not good at this spur of the moment entertaining anymore.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 07, 2016, 02:32:02 AMHad some company drop in unexpectedly last night. They left this morning. I'm not good at this spur of the moment entertaining anymore.
Note to self- ALWAYS be unexpected when you arrive at Fuzzy's house.  :ugly:

Lynx

Oh it's much better to be expected company. Then they know to cook something for your visit. And they're pretty good cooks in that family. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well, I'm back at the academy. If the days here went by as fast as the days at home, I'd be in good shape. Very hard to leave today, Chey was crying, and I'm missing my third church service in a row and I NEED that. Dear Lord, I hope that I can 1) get through this, and 2) it goes by quickly. This is so hard on me....:cry:

Heather

I'm currently packing up my car in Northern Kentucky for the last leg of this family trip. Will post more once I'm home. I'm just glad I'm headed south!!!!