News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

And Monday has pounced. Like a small squealing mouse, I am at its mercy. :pound: Thank God for coffee....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@work. Enjoyed getting to spend the weekend with my parents, even if I felt icky for half of it.

It's raining here. I drove in the rain home yesterday and to work in it again this morning. Poor Jeremy has to work in it all day. Hopefully they can help get some coverage today since they're down so many routes.

Roscoe

We are supposed to have showers off and on today, but as of right now it is clearing. I, for one, am ready for summertime.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's really pretty here today. No rain & I didn't need a jacket. :bigcheese:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi:  Morning all. Slept very little last night. Kinda tired this morning. I have several scheduled today so the day should move pretty quickly.

Nelle

It's been wet and chilly here with highs in the 40s. Cloudy and all again today. I had to turn the mattress pad on last night to get warm enough to fall asleep! lol..

@Work. Stopped at the gas station on the way out of town this morning to grab some snacks, since that's seriously a craving that's happening today. Hello Fat Tuesday! LOL.. I picked up some biscuits & gravy while I was at it. YUM!

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on February 25, 2020, 02:58:13 PMIt's been wet and chilly here with highs in the 40s. Cloudy and all again today. I had to turn the mattress pad on last night to get warm enough to fall asleep! lol..

@Work. Stopped at the gas station on the way out of town this morning to grab some snacks, since that's seriously a craving that's happening today. Hello Fat Tuesday! LOL.. I picked up some biscuits & gravy while I was at it. YUM!

Hmmmm...couple of observations. "Craving" means a distinctly different thing when a lady is craving vs a man...just sayin'. :ugly:

And every Tuesday is Fat Tuesday if me or Mini are considered participants. Unfortunately.

The Purple Fuzzy

Just think, Bobby. If you were as tall as Mini you wouldn't be considered chunky. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 25, 2020, 03:25:11 PMJust think, Bobby. If you were as tall as Mini you wouldn't be considered chunky. ;)
That's right! I'm not fat. I'm just too short for my weight! I'm underheight. :hypocrite:
Of course, in all honesty I'd need to be a modern day Goliath to meet the recommended BMI...  :laughhard:

Lynx

The recommended BMI is for twig people. I lost all trust in the medical profession when they started going by a chart of how much a person should weigh for the height. Some pretty broad (not fat, just built large) people I know would have to live half-starved lives and maybe take the bones out of their legs to meet that.

Forget it. Doctors can practice all they want, but they gotta catch me before they can practice on me.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on February 25, 2020, 03:07:21 PM
Quote from: Nelle on February 25, 2020, 02:58:13 PMIt's been wet and chilly here with highs in the 40s. Cloudy and all again today. I had to turn the mattress pad on last night to get warm enough to fall asleep! lol..

Hmmmm...couple of observations. "Craving" means a distinctly different thing when a lady is craving vs a man...just sayin'. :ugly:

And every Tuesday is Fat Tuesday if me or Mini are considered participants. Unfortunately.

LOL. Definitely not "that" type of craving. I go to the dentist tomorrow, and I wanted some chewy candy (haven't had any in at least a year) .. more specifically, I wanted chewy sprees. Some other snacks jumped into my hands as well.

Roscoe

Morning all. Spent last evening baking Amish Friendship Bread. Back at work today. Am dragging as usual.

Nelle

Back @work. Had dentist appointment today before I came to work for a cleaning. They're going to repair a filling in March for free that's come loose. Picked up some yummies from Sonic and Krispy Kreme for when I get to work. (I share the donuts..unwillingly of course. LOL)

Finally figured out the errors on the books so now all I have to do is prepare my verbal report and I'm GOOD for a minute.

The Purple Fuzzy

Temperature dropped like it saw a state trooper.
This up & down stuff is crazy.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 26, 2020, 05:24:49 PMTemperature dropped like it saw a state trooper.
This up & down stuff is crazy.

SO over it.

T-minus 4 days until I go to the Caribbean. Where everything is 80+ degrees.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Sounds uncomfortably warm. But I get the impression you're anticipating it a lot, so have fun.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

My people limit has been breached..

@Work. 80s and a breeze would be good. I don't like really cold or really warm.. lol. I like a good day where you can wear tshirt and sandals in the sun and be warm, and then right when you're getting too warm, a good breeze blows through and cools you off back to paradise, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

I like the temp between 68-72 unless I'm swimming.

I just made pineapple upside down cake. :fork:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 18, 2020, 06:06:58 PMMe- country style, old gospel, even a little hair band screaming guitar, yeah I can listen to that. I will say that the older I get though, the more I appreciate the songs I remember my mama listening to. Used to, as a rebel kid and general idiot, I listened to a lot of rock, outlaw country, that type despite hearing preaching against it.
Somebody say screaming guitar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8z67w0kuzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UxqmTzE_X0
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning. REALLY having to quote my favorite scripture this morning- "Create in me a clean heart oh Lord, and renew a right spirit within me".
My admin is pushing every button I have this morning. I am fantasizing about a backhoe, a piece of land, and she....
Bitter mean ole lady. :pound:
I shall go on home visits in a minute and will escape her reach for a bit, thereby saving me a charge.....

MsJennJenn

I'm a true Texan. I love my heat. 80,s 90's, or even 100. I'm happy.
I want it to always be warm enough for the pool. And to never need a jacket.
I'm okay-ish on 70's, but tbh it's still too cool for my blood sometimes.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 28, 2020, 07:08:14 PMI'm a true Texan. I love my heat. 80,s 90's, or even 100. I'm happy.
I want it to always be warm enough for the pool. And to never need a jacket.
I'm okay-ish on 70's, but tbh it's still too cool for my blood sometimes.

Amen. I don't even have a pool and I'm ok with it being 80s and 90s.

I managed to complete the day without killing the admin. Supposed to be pretty tomorrow- If it is not too cold, I intend to do some work on Rusty and on the Corvette.

Lynx

It's a wonderful time to be a nerd.

My pastor gave me a case of 8 DVDs of ministerial training lectures and asked me to rip them to computer. Last time I tried to rip a DVD I was using a Windows computer and I could only find one program to do that, and the author of that one program had gotten some cease-and-desist letters. So I hemmed and hawed and said I'd see if that program was still floating around on a server somewhere, but no promises.

These days I default to Linux options, and it turns out Linux nerds really, really, REALLY hate media copy protection. I had a whole list of programs from which to choose. :cool:

Also I found a program that you can use to make an old android phone into a security camera. Now aunt Diane can keep an eye on Grandma from home, which sure helps aunt Diane's peace of mind.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: It's Saturday, which is usually when I sleep until 10. Got woke at 8 with a message that one of my church members is at the E.R. about to have emergency appendix removal. I'll have to go check on them in a bit. Sigh. I'd planned to veg, put Rusty's new injectors in, and start putting the starter on the 'vette. Oh well.