News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Ex 9:22-35

Started by clark thompson, January 05, 2014, 01:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clark thompson

Exodus 9:22-35

King James Version (KJV)

22 And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch forth thine hand toward heaven, that there may be hail in all the land of Egypt, upon man, and upon beast, and upon every herb of the field, throughout the land of Egypt.

23 And Moses stretched forth his rod toward heaven: and the Lord sent thunder and hail, and the fire ran along upon the ground; and the Lord rained hail upon the land of Egypt.

24 So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation.

25 And the hail smote throughout all the land of Egypt all that was in the field, both man and beast; and the hail smote every herb of the field, and brake every tree of the field.

26 Only in the land of Goshen, where the children of Israel were, was there no hail.

27 And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said unto them, I have sinned this time: the Lord is righteous, and I and my people are wicked.

28 Intreat the Lord (for it is enough) that there be no more mighty thunderings and hail; and I will let you go, and ye shall stay no longer.

29 And Moses said unto him, As soon as I am gone out of the city, I will spread abroad my hands unto the Lord; and the thunder shall cease, neither shall there be any more hail; that thou mayest know how that the earth is the Lord's.

30 But as for thee and thy servants, I know that ye will not yet fear the Lord God.

31 And the flax and the barley was smitten: for the barley was in the ear, and the flax was bolled.

32 But the wheat and the rie were not smitten: for they were not grown up.

33 And Moses went out of the city from Pharaoh, and spread abroad his hands unto the Lord: and the thunders and hail ceased, and the rain was not poured upon the earth.

34 And when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened his heart, he and his servants.

35 And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, neither would he let the children of Israel go; as the Lord had spoken by Moses.

Exodus 9:22-35

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

22 ΒΆ And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch forth thine hand toward heaven that there may be hail in all the land of Egypt, upon the men and upon the beasts and upon all the grass of the field throughout the land of Egypt.

23 And Moses stretched forth his rod toward heaven, and the LORD raised his voice and it hailed, and the fire ran along upon the ground; and the LORD rained hail upon the land of Egypt.

24 So there was hail and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became inhabited.

25 And that hail smote throughout all the land of Egypt all that was in the field, both men and beasts; and the hail smote all the grass of the field and broke all the trees of the field.

26 Only in the land of Goshen, where the sons of Israel were, was there no hail.

27 Then Pharaoh sent and called for Moses and Aaron and said unto them, I have sinned this time; the LORD is righteous, and I and my people are wicked.

28 Intreat the LORD that the thunderings of God and the hail might cease; and I will let you go, and ye shall stay here no longer.

29 And Moses replied unto him, As soon as I am gone out of the city, I will extend my hands unto the LORD; and the thunder shall cease, neither shall there be any more hail; that thou may know how that the earth is the LORD's.

30 But I know thee and thy slaves from before ye began to fear the presence of the LORD God.

31 The flax, therefore, and the barley were smitten, for the barley was headed out, and the flax was in stalk.

32 But the wheat and the rye were not smitten; for they were late.

33 And Moses went out from the presence of Pharaoh and out of the city and extended his hands unto the LORD; and the thunders and hail ceased, and the rain was not poured upon the earth.

34 And when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunders were ceased, he persevered in his sin and hardened his heart, he and his slaves.

35 And the heart of Pharaoh hardened, and he did not let the sons of Israel go as the LORD had spoken by Moses.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

22 Hail normally destroys only fields and crops but this hail would kill animals and tear down homes and be very destructive. They were already damaged by the other plagues and would not have time to rebuild before the next one came.

23 Moses did what the Lord wanted Him to. If Moses would have not it is most likely God would have waited for another that had more faith as He did with the man who lead them into Cannon which due to a lack of faith would not be Moses.

24 Hell does not often happen having fire with it so this was rare and would be something that showed God's might even more for those who truly watched. Fire and ice came down at the same time; this would completely destroy anything it hit that was not made of strong materials such as stone.

25 There fields were destroyed the animals and man left in fields were destroyed. They would be going thru a very lack of food at this time even if they had kept storing food for times of trouble the food would be running out and some would start to going without.

26 God's people are spared from God's wrath. We are spared from His judgment that does not mean the world will not hate us and mistreat us though but means we will be avenged. Even though God did not pour out wrath on His people they were still under the Egyptians bondage which shows there may be troubles coming but we have Him to get thru them.

27 Pharaoh admits that he was wrong and God has power but he did not truly believe this it was done out of emotion but when those emotions were gone so was his viewing of the Lord and his sins. There are some people who believe they are Christian simply because they had a feeling but do not have the faith.

28 Pharaoh again wants the plagues gone and makes a promise to let the people go if they are healed so far all the plagues could be undone and they could rebuild in time.

29 Moses was going to have God stop the hail from falling.

30 They did not have fear of God they may have seen Him as another god but not as the God, they may have seen and believed He had power but still believe in their gods, including Pharaoh who they saw as a god.

31-32 They still had wheat for now but the flax and barley was gone. They may only have been able to grow these three things in the area of Egypt.

33 Moses went to do what he said and God stopped the hail.

34 Again Pharaoh does not let the people go. They continue to treat God's people in the same way they have. Some people may ask for God to end troubles and if He does they will do this and do that but when He ends those troubles it as if nothing has changed. They may have even started to devolve hatred towards God for sending these plagues on them.

35 Again he refuses to let God's people go. People see and are told there wrong doing and some people enjoy their sins so much that they keep living in their sins.
The Lord made a Way.