News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Job's issues

Started by Lynx, January 10, 2012, 06:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on June 30, 2011, 03:37:31 AM
well... start a new thread on it... and title it Job's  issues...  cause I have a ton of questions about that book... I dont get it.
I was reading the Ask minnesota thread and realized she had never started the thread, so here it is.  I can't claim to know everything about the book of Job, but someone here probably will.

And... GO!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I read that as "job issues" and was ready to vent. ;) 

jk...sorta

Melody

I think one of the things I take from that book is that many of the things his "friends" said were truths but they were misapplied.  We do reap what we sew however, that is not what Job's situation was and so they were not helpful at all but more torment.  We can be right but so wrong.  It's not just about the Word, but a timely Word. 

sunlight

ohhh... :like:

keep talking...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Scott

The Moral of his story is toward the end.  He was a righteous man, but he didn't receive his healing and blessings until he stopped focusing his prayers on himself, but started praying for others.

You can be a good person, a righteous and holy person... but too often our prayers are more ME ME ME ME ME then others.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on January 14, 2012, 08:26:25 AM
ohhh... :like:

keep talking...
Start asking.  You were the one said you had a lot of questions about the book.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: