News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The Bible forbids the tattoos!

Started by PetriFB, August 03, 2011, 05:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetriFB

Does the New Covenant forbid taking of the tattoos? I believe that forbids, and I give you these verses.

2 Pe 1:
1 ¶ Simon Peter, a servant and legate of Jesus the Messiah,—to those who have obtained equally precious faith with us, through the righteousness of our lord and Redeemer, Jesus the Messiah;—
2 may grace and peace abound to you through the recognition of our lord Jesus the Messiah,
3 as the giver to us of all things that be of the power of god, unto life and the fear of god, through the recognition of him who hath called us unto his own glory and moral excellence:
4 wherein he hath given you very great and precious promises; that by them ye might become partakers of the nature of god, while ye flee from the corruptions of the lusts that are in the world.

The New Testament shows us that how we must serve and believe in God. God has given to us the Holy Spirit as the power and aid that we can understand what the Bible teaches.

If we could believe in God by taking the tattoo, in which is Bible verses or reads the Lord Jesus and so on, so this kind of command should be in the Bible. Tattooing was very common in the world where apostles lived. If the will of God would have been to make "Biblical" tattoos, so God would have said that you must make those kinds of tattoos. However, in the New Testament is not a command to make tattoos. For this reason, I don't believe that it is the will of God to take the tattoos.

Some people have said, for example, that the Bible doesn't speak anything about the bicycle, so you can't use the bicycle. The bicycle is harmless and useful vehicle to move from place to place. Of course you can do good and useful things, although they are not mentioned in the Bible, if they are not against the will of God.  Making Bible verses as the tattoo is the question showing the faith, which one has. Riding by bicycle is not showing and living by faith, but ordinary deed. Riding a bicycle and taking a tattoo cannot compare with each other when we understand before mentioned example, and the fact that when it is a question about how we must believe in God, so it must be found in the Bible. Riding by bicycle is not a matter of faith, but just an ordinary everyday thing.

The Bible teaches us that serving of God is not the outward issue, but inward. Believer testimony and faith must be the inward issue by the Holy Spirit accordance with the word of God. God said by the prophet Jeremiah that in the New Covenant, God puts His law to inwards parts and writes His law to the hearts of His people. Biblical faith must be written to inner man to his heart and not outwardly to his skin.

Ro 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The Bible doesn't teach serving God by the tattoos, so tattooing is against the will of God.
:copcar:

Please refer to the basic rules of Godplace - click here

:copcar:

Lynx

In the New Testament there is also no mention of serving God with musical instruments, so some churches say we should not use musical instruments.  They sing everything a cappella.

Mind you I'm not saying to go out and get a tattoo.  There are plenty of good reasons to not get one.  The verse about adornment comes to mind immediately, and there are others.  But this argument against tattoos is not valid.  One could as easily say we should not use sound systems, concordances, air conditioners, pews (padded or unpadded) or carpet because they are not specifically mentioned in the Bible.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

agreed Isaac. I do not believe tattoos are ok to get at all as it can be dangerous, permanent adornment, marking of our temple of the HG of which our bodies are supposed to be a living sacrifice and only sacrifices without blemish are ever accepted.  Thank God for His blood that covers our sins/past, but to willingly tarnish or attempt to decorate what God created, is near idolitry imo, and at least vain. It always represented allegience or slavery, and we belong only to God.

However, the scriptures you listed do not present an even simplistic foundation for support.  I agree, just not with your angle.

Scott

If you are going to post scriptures to support your views, it helps to  have scriptures that are on point....

Leviticus 19:28

NIV
" 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

Bible in Basic English

You may not make cuts in your flesh in respect for the dead, or have marks printed on your bodies: I am the Lord.

KJV

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

In Rev 13 a tattoo or Mark is part of the "Mark of the beast"

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak , and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed .
16 And he causeth all, both small and great , rich and poor , free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand , or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell , save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

And above all else

1 Corinthians 6:19-20: "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

Tattoos are the cause of illness and infections... (Read below) 

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Tattoo-artist-says-people-are-being-harmed/JWHgwqNYF0qfq-DFb4eBBg.cspx

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/07/14/hiv-testing-advised-for-tattoo-parlour-customers/

http://frenchtribune.com/teneur/116200-two-piercing-studios-could-have-infected-clients-hepatitis-or-hiv

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-07-28/health/29824599_1_c-virus-hepatitis-virus-viral-hepatitis
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle