Non-existent or misquoted scriptures that bug me.

Started by taco_harvell, August 03, 2011, 05:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

What's more, "let" in that verse means "hinder."  Olde English.  Basically, "I will do what I will, and who can stop me?"

Which would be the height of arrogance from a person, but from God it's just a statement of fact.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 28, 2011, 01:39:32 AM
What's more, "let" in that verse means "hinder."  Olde English.  Basically, "I will do what I will, and who can stop me?"

Which would be the height of arrogance from a person, but from God it's just a statement of fact.
Oh Lord, Isaac- that's the very comment that Bugs here made at the table the other day while we were attempting to lead Mini to repentance over chocolate gravy....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

RainbowJingles

When working on wedding vows, we ran across a set that we really liked.  While tweaking them, I realized thata they implied something along the lines of the Scripture saying that love conquers all.  I changed it to read that Scripture says "love never fails."

WHERE in Scripture does it say that love conquers all?  The book of Chaucer?  Or perhaps it is the book of Shakespeare?

Lynx

I dunno, never read that one.  I do have a song from Tanya Goodman though...

" Love never fails, it can do anything
It can endure whatever time brings
Evil fears to tread where real love is found
Nothing is impossible when love is around
Love never fails"

I thought it was caffeine that conquers all.
"Sleep is for the weak.  Caffeine conquers all!"
Or that's what a World of Warcraft player told me once.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: