News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Help please... wanting to understand

Started by curious, December 22, 2010, 05:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curious

Okay, i'm almost afraid to post here... but i'm not sure where to go to get answers to my questions.

Please don't attack me... i am not here to argue. simply to understand and to learn.

I have a friend who is pentecostal, and she has been talking to me about her beliefs. I am mormon... and really don't understand. but what she tells me sounds interesting and i want to learn more.

is there anyone willing to talk with me? to help me?

Thanks for listening.

Roscoe

My friend, I don't believe you'll be attacked here at all. There are many here who are more learned and better spoken than I, and I'm sure we can get you the answers you are looking for. What beliefs in particular are you wanting to know more about? It would be helpful to know exactly what you wish to know more about. God Bless You.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Ebenezer Scrooge

Scott and Seth are ministers, I would suggest contacting either of them via PM. 
Every idiot who goes about with Merry Christmas on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.

Scott

Quote from: curious on December 22, 2010, 05:21:21 AM
Okay, i'm almost afraid to post here... but i'm not sure where to go to get answers to my questions.

Please don't attack me... i am not here to argue. simply to understand and to learn.

I have a friend who is pentecostal, and she has been talking to me about her beliefs. I am mormon... and really don't understand. but what she tells me sounds interesting and i want to learn more.

is there anyone willing to talk with me? to help me?

Thanks for listening.

Yes, send me a PM and I will be happy to talk to you.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

curious

i am so confused i want to cry.

I don't know what to ask. what questions to ask. i have no clue.

i tried to send a pm to scott... since you said i could. why did it ask me what steve's name is?  who is steve???  i don't even know if it was sent... or whatever. who is steve?

i feel so lost in myself. like i don't know what i'm supposed to learn. i keep feeling like there's more for me but i don't know what. and that is so frustrating.

my friend is in another state, and i don't know anyone pentecostal here. 

whatever. how can anyone help if i don't even know what to ask?

i keep wondering if this was a mistake.  but then i keep coming back here anyway. i just don't know.

curious

when i was 14 i rode a bus to a pentecostal church. that was almost 30 years ago. i went for a few months maybe? i did get baptized, i remember that.  I remember sitting in a chair and a bunch of ladies praying over me. and it scared me. I was in foster care at the time. when i got returned to my parents i wasn't allowed to go back. Meeting this lady online just stirred up memories... and made me want to remember. Made me want to learn. I know there was something in that church. i know it was different. 

Scott

Quote from: curious on December 23, 2010, 04:07:11 AM
i am so confused i want to cry.

I don't know what to ask. what questions to ask. i have no clue.

i tried to send a pm to scott... since you said i could. why did it ask me what steve's name is?  who is steve???  i don't even know if it was sent... or whatever. who is steve?

i feel so lost in myself. like i don't know what i'm supposed to learn. i keep feeling like there's more for me but i don't know what. and that is so frustrating.

my friend is in another state, and i don't know anyone pentecostal here. 

whatever. how can anyone help if i don't even know what to ask?

i keep wondering if this was a mistake.  but then i keep coming back here anyway. i just don't know.

No idea what the Steve thing was about.

responded to your email.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Chseeads

Quote from: Ebenezer Scrooge on December 22, 2010, 07:54:27 AM
Scott and Seth are ministers, I would suggest contacting either of them via PM. 

Seth is me, just so you know, if you want to ask me anything specifically.