News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

In Fourteen Hundred Ninety Two, Columbus Posted in Sharing 472

Started by Chseeads, November 05, 2012, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I had way too much coffee today.  With the election energy, I am wide awake.  But it's all over.  Goodness gracious.  Where's the GP night owls?

Lynx

I'm here.  You're not here though, so you must be there again. 

I just got home.  I think I shall get a big glop of butter, pour a big blob of honey over it, mash it all together with a fork and smear it on a hot, homemade buttermilk biscuit. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kmymbir

I didn't vote. I worked all day to support those who don't work.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Roscoe

I had to go to bed so I could function today.......Oh well. It doesn't matter that the person I was pulling for lost, it's all in God's hands anyhow. I fear we'll just have to lean a little more on Him, which is what we needed to do anyway, and live with the consequences.
So glad that regardless of the presidential race, God is still King.

My one last election thought- I fear it is telling of us as a nation that so many people voted somewhat against the very morals that made this country. I won't go as far as to say that you are sinning by voting democrat, but I will say that as for myself, I could not see a way to cast a vote for the democratic party simply because of their "anti-god"platform. Just my thoughts......
And I want to be sure everyone here knows that I hold no ill feelings if your views on this election were opposite of mine. I hope that I haven't gotten carried away and offended anyone with my views, I sure didn't intend to.

And I am back at work where, in direction opposite of nationally, the conservatives took control of the State Senate for the first time since the Civil War.....this upcoming session has the potiental to be VERY interesting for Arkansas in general and the Capitol Police - namely me- specifically.  :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

At least almost half of the voters didn't vote for Obama....  Still disheartening that a slight majority did. 

kkay

Quote from: HeatherB on November 07, 2012, 02:42:15 AM
I voted early. I voted for Obama again. It is what it is.

If I would have voted, it would have been for him, too.

I didn't like that they "projected" all the wins before they actually got done counting. Some states had only 1% of the votes counted and they were already calling a winner :roll:

Didn't stay up to watch it. I figure this: whoever was supposed to win, won. I'm to the point where I don't really feel like we can change much. It's the endtimes. Whatever will be, will be.

Heather

I took no offense Roscoe. I figure most everyone on here thinks poorly of me anyway.  :cool:

It just irks me that so many people posted all over FB that God's will be done pre-election and now post-election by golly its the apocalypse!!! Then so be it. If it truly is the end then it is God's will. Who are we to question it?

Work til 4 then church tonight.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

LOL  the apocalypse? 

I think we invite curses on our nation when we make anti-God people our leaders or at least that's what's the nation's heart is. Leviticus 18:25

But we are just one nation, there is still the rest of the world.  Typical Americans making it all about us.   :hypocrite:

mini

Quote from: HeatherB on November 07, 2012, 01:46:19 PM
It just irks me that so many people posted all over FB that God's will be done pre-election and now post-election by golly its the apocalypse!!!

Yep, that.

I did not vote for Mr. Obama.  But that was my right.

My thoughts this morning are simple:

1) I hope the Republicans can get their lousy act together and bring me a candidate in 3 years that is a strong, likeable, and well informed leader.  I'm sorry, but Mr Romney did not have the mass appeal some leaders have.  How soon we forget that Mr Romeny couldn't even muster republican support 4 years ago and get past the primary.

2) If Mr Romney had won, it would have cost us as Americans.  Imagine the price of Presidential Quality Mormon Underwear.  :ugly:

3) Now we will have to suffer through 4 more years of stupid FWD: emails that spout nonsense and lies.  *sigh*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I do not have the patience or room in my work uniform for Mormon underwear. I have enough problems with my scrubs as is  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

kkay

Nothin' left to do :smirk2:

PASSED MY TEST THOUGH!!  :clap:

Thanks for the prayers :)

Now just gotta pass 3 more and I'm a certified AIC.

Melody

That's Detroit for you.  I think the country is simply voting-in their own consequences.  Liars are the easiest deceived.  There's no way to be dishonest in one's personal life and then think they can discern  liars. 

kkay

Hey, I resemble that remark!  :hypocrite:

Gonna be a boring day with nothing to do. Nothing unusual I guess *shrug*

Hoping I get my next book before next week so I can actually study for my tests next week. It shouldn't be hard though because the last tests are over what I do every day.

Chseeads

kkay

Might as well be :P

I'm developing a headache and I didn't even have any caffeine this morning. Pfft.

People here are celebrating the election. And it's super super hot. Maybe it's just me :hypocrite:

Lynx

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 07, 2012, 02:04:53 PM
3) Now we will have to suffer through 4 more years of stupid FWD: emails that spout nonsense and lies.  *sigh*
Yeah, I know.   :-\  And the same in person, at work, in the break room.  I would say "You wouldn't believe the things they come up with" but you probably get the same junk over there. 

I voted for the one I thought was best, but he didn't win.  This time around though, I had a hard time deciding because there wasn't really a good one in the lot.  I just had to do what we all had to do, hold my nose and vote. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

G'morning everyone!

Do you know what Bach is doing right now?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

Chseeads

My lower extremities did not stay warm as I slept, and my nose feels bad because of it.

I don't see how people like it cold to sleep, that does not work for me.  Messes up my sinuses/throat.  :-?

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

NERD ALERT!

So I was at work last night with enough to do, but nothing in my job required my active attention, it was all routine stuff.  So I was wondering... how many links can be coded into those QR codes?  You know, the grid of squares that you can scan with your smartphone and it automatically takes you to a link. 

Fortunately the binary on/off format gives you a lot of options.  Old fashioned braille has a possible 64 characters in its little 2x3 grid.  Each of the six little dots can either be present or absent, so with each dot you have to multiply the possibilities by 2.  With a total of six dots that might be there or might not, that is 2 to the power of 6 possibilities, or 64 possible characters.

So I counted the number of squares in a QR code and found it was a 15x15 grid.  15 squared gives 225 squares that might be there or might not.  So the number of links that could be coded into the standard QR code is 2 to the power of 225.

Normally this would be easy to work out, even without a scientific calculator.  2 to the 5th power times 2 to the 5th power = 2 to the 10th power, so if you just keep squaring the result you can eventually get close, then multiply by the remaining power of 2.  For the record, 2 to the 10th power is 1024, so if you squared that four times you'd get 2 to the 80th power, and so on. 

My problem is that I cannot find a calculator, physical or online, that will hold enough digits.  I can't even get past 2 to the 40th without every calculator I have tried pegging out.   :-\

I know there are a couple of nerds on the forum.  Might one of them be able to help with this?
"Do you sing at church?"