What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

NFL, Week 3, Comments

Started by jdcord, September 26, 2007, 04:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdcord

Here's my take on the goings on thus far in the NFL season:

1.  New England Patriots

"They are who we thought they were!", screams Dennis Green.  .......... the best team in the NFL, that is.  It seems clear now that the Patriots are in a class by themselves, with Indy and a few others having to strain their necks to look up at them.

2.  Indianapolis Colts

Nice win against Houston, but as close as it was you have to wonder if the Texans wouldn't have won that game had Andre Johnson been able to play.

3.  Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and Dallas

The Steelers have destroyed three teams that they should have destroyed.  So on the one hand, maybe that doesn't tell us much, but on the other hand a good team is supposed to destroy clearly inferior competition, so maybe it tells us quite a bit.

Dallas' offense looks pretty good, but I'm still not sold on their defense.  That said, I find Green Bay's win over San Diego a little bit more impressive than I do Dallas' win over Chicago - but only a little bit.  We'll find out more about Dallas in about 5 or 6 weeks when the Patriots come calling.

4.  Atlanta

Joey Harrington has not played badly at all this season, considering how bad the rest of the team is.  In fact, he is the lone, consistent "bright spot" on the Falcons thus far.  No, he's not reminding anybody of Dan Marino, or anything like that, but considering the mess he was handed he has played about as well as anyone not named Dan Marino could have.  So you can take any "fingers of blame" that have been or may be pointed in Harrington's direction as a sign that the Falcons' management and coaches are looking for a fall guy - and because of his past Harrington is "easy pickings" for that role, even though his performance this year in no way warrants it.

Just look at his stats so far, and consider how horrible the rest of the team is (aside from the TE, Crumpler, that is), and then try and honestly claim that Harrington is somehow hurting the Falcons, instead of helping them look a little bit better than they actually have a right to at this point?  Not that "a little bit better" has amounted to "good", but the point is that the fault for that does not in any way lie with Harrington - because he is one of only 2 or 3 players on that entire team that are actually playing well.

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

newkris

jd .  .. where's the latest NFL thread?

come on . . . you must have a newer opinion of my darling Brett after this week's game on Monday Night Football?

79 yard pass to start the game and 82 yards to finish it.  he must have had plans after the game tonight and was done playing.  :pwink:

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Scott

There is an NFL rumor that any team that the Patriots beat by 30 or more points is a team where the coach accused them of cheating.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

JakeLeonard

Even when the Patriots cheat (we know they secretly record videos in mini-webcams), it makes the Colts look even better!