News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work.

They're doing the interview assessments today on husband's work drama. So frustrating. Praying that God just has His way. Just hoping my nerves settle down.

Also very ready for the weekend. I need a nap.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I am currently... unhappy.

My minivan has been at the mechanic's for almost a month. He just hasn't got around to fixing it yet.

Now the car is also at the mechanic's. And he is closed. I just walked home.

I got a secondary vehicle specifically because I am aware that most people only have one, and when it breaks down they are like, "OH PLEASE you have to fix my car RIGHT NOW, my whole life is at a standstill until you do, hurry hurry HURRY!!!" and I did not want to be one of those people.

But now he'd better fix something, fast.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Oh man. That stinks.
It was beautiful here today too. I had a list of things to do. I did- nearly none of them. Got up, drove Rusty to town to check on Sam's starter. Old guy that is rebuilding it says he has been on the hospital for the last two days, so it'll be next week. I then wound up driving the two lanes over petit jean to Russellville and puttered around, me and God. I needed that.
 And it seems like most of my church is quarantined. As I related before - mother in law is out with Covid- that takes out two to four from church. Her husband got his cousin to take him to the dr- he's positive, so cousin and his family are quarantined....cousin happens to be married to mother in law's sister , so there goes another 3-5 people, counting a sunday school teacher. One of my mentors and ministers went to a breakfast with other pastors in the area- one of them showed up sick- found out today, he has covid, so my mentor has to quarantine. Another sister was exposed at work and is in the middle of her two weeks. And the final blow- one of our saint's daughters has it. She was at a family get together. Now- saint; saint's husband; saint's other married daughter and her husband, along with his uncle and aunt; saint's grandchildren all quarantined. Man, it's rough when the church is several extended families.

And all this mess is coming from different sources- none of the people have been in contact with anyone at church or other than immediate families. We've been so careful, made it through the first several months with no cases- now we are slammed. Please Lord, heal us.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning. Back at work. Thankfully a short week today...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Morning.

Did a rather painful, albeit funny, back-flip Saturday.  Sat down in a lawn chair and the back broke sending me flying heels over head into the dirt in a rather undignified way.

While funny, man it hurt.  Saturday my ribs were hurting, yesterday it was my neck and shoulders, now its in my back.  Luckily when it moved to my neck and shoulders, my ribs were feeling better, and today my neck is feeling better.  But I am moving slow.

But in all honesty I would have loved to have video of it.  That would have been awesome to see!

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@Work.

Best Buy didn't allocate my payment last month like I had asked them to.. and now I'm a month away from having interest socked to me. I'm calling back today and I'm not hanging up until they fix it. It would have paid that promotional balance off completely. Irritating when they don't do what you asked them to do, like they knew better than you did.

anywho..

Roscoe.. that's how our church is. If someone in this family gets sick, that's over 80% of the church quarantined. We are doing our part by trying to continue to be antisocial. LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's kinda rainy & dreary so I'm making oatmeal cookies. It's been too hot to bake but today it's about 68* outside. Good enough.

Roscoe

Well, Fuzzy's rain made it here. :pound: And I need iced coffee in a bad way.
Lou's mama needs prayer- she's in the hospital and last night they had to put her on oxygen. This covid stuff ain't no joke. she did post a few minutes ago that her fever was down and she felt better this morning.

And in other news- today and tomorrow. Then I get to relax for a few days. SO glad I have vacation; my brain is fried and I need it.

Roscoe

Man. Everyone is silent. I've done a ton of work already, then took a new guy to meet the Perry County folks, and did a couple of home visits. Stopped by the house while I was out and about- I put a huge roast in the crock pot this morning with potatoes and carrots. Stopped, added more seasonings, and a few packets of  brown gravy. Got the house smellin' right!

Lynx

Brown gravy... from packets?!

Well Arkansas is rather far West to be considered really part of the South. It is understandable that a few heresies would sneak in.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I went & picked up some chickens for Chel (I got one also)
Then came home & got them situated. Now I need to do a load of clothes. Exciting, I know.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 22, 2020, 07:10:30 PMBrown gravy... from packets?!

Well Arkansas is rather far West to be considered really part of the South. It is understandable that a few heresies would sneak in.

Hersey sneaks in when I am too busy to make anything properly. Same reason a crockpot is used instead of my oven. LOL. And I will admit, last night, I used the dreaded Insta-Pot to make "baked" potatoes.

Lynx

Nothing wrong with crock or insta-pot. They were real potatoes, not instant glue flakes.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Ah, right now is the perfect time of morning. Everything is quiet outside. The sun is not yet in view, but its light is visible over the edge of the world. It's very peaceful and serene.

Makes me want to connect my phone to a guitar amp and blast some Kutless or Sent By Ravens to the whole neighborhood. I never have done it yet, but on mornings like this it's always a temptation.

It doesn't help at all that I have multiple guitar amps. I could be blasting in stereo, or even borrow my uncle Fred's bass amp and blast 5.1, to the whole neighborhood.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

The neighborhood might blast back- with a .12 gauge or the like.
I've told it before- years ago when Chey was a newborn, we had a neighbor that loved bass. As in shake the foundation lows. And he liked it played loudly in the wee hours of the morning. Chey was about a week old, and I was not nearly as Godly as I needed to be.
At 2 am, the bass hit, the baby who had JUST gone to sleep awoke and began crying, and I snapped. I walked over to his house where he sat in the driveway with the music pounding from his truck...he never knew I was there.
Until I spoke. I explained that if the radio didn't get turned off, I was about to blow it out of the dash with the pretty stainless steel .357 snubnose I held in my hand. One look convinced him I was serious and would do it. He turned the radio off- and moved the next day.
I'm sure he thinks I am crazy to this day....LOL

And morning is never perfect. It comes too early. :pound:

Nelle

@Work the past two days or however long it's been since I posted that I was there. :)

Toying w/ the idea of taking the day off tomorrow since the husband is off work. Depends on my workload by the time 4:30 hits. :)

I really am enjoying this curbside/pickup for groceries. It stinks sometimes when I forget things, BUT.. overall.. great.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 23, 2020, 01:19:58 PMThe neighborhood might blast back- with a .12 gauge or the like.
I've told it before- years ago when Chey was a newborn, we had a neighbor that loved bass. As in shake the foundation lows. And he liked it played loudly in the wee hours of the morning. Chey was about a week old, and I was not nearly as Godly as I needed to be.
At 2 am, the bass hit, the baby who had JUST gone to sleep awoke and began crying, and I snapped. I walked over to his house where he sat in the driveway with the music pounding from his truck...he never knew I was there.
Until I spoke. I explained that if the radio didn't get turned off, I was about to blow it out of the dash with the pretty stainless steel .357 snubnose I held in my hand. One look convinced him I was serious and would do it. He turned the radio off- and moved the next day.
I'm sure he thinks I am crazy to this day....LOL

And morning is never perfect. It comes too early. :pound:

Yeah, that's why I don't do that. I know how I would feel if somebody woke ME up like that.

But just because I would never do that doesn't mean it's not tempting...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
 Enjoyed today. First day of the fall car show. Lots of goodies, and I definitely need more money. I've found several things I NEED. I just spent $5 though- bought me a set of old school gunracks to go in Sam. Will enjoy tomorrow as well, I hope. Nothing like old cars to calm me down. They even had an airplane for sale there too...lol

Lynx

A set of old school gun racks for $5... Even I know that was a good deal. Score!
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In local news, did you know it's possible to get tired of cheese?

I never would have thought it could be a thing. Then I found a place that carries goat cheese - REAL cheese, not that stuff that tastes like cream cheese with a lot of acid - and I... uh... in my exuberance I might possibly have bought two and a half wheels of cheese.

So yeah, it is in fact possible to get tired of cheese. Even very good cheese.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Funny you should say that. We just bought several wedges of some very good craftsman made cheese- a jalapeno cheese, a smoked cheddar and a smoked gouda, today. One bite of the smoked cheddar and I wish I'd bought four or five wheels. Wheels as in rounds the size of car wheels. 20 inch ones. LOL
The show was awesome. ALOT bigger than it normally is in the fall. I took Chey up and she wound up spending $100 ish of her money. She had a custom t-shirt made with a pic of her corvette on it; a dress for her dog?!?!; several dresses for MY dog?!?!; a handmade cedar nightstand table; and a antique , distressed finish chair and ottoman with her latest passion, sunflowers, on the seats, coupled with a sunflower pillow.
We also got to look at a 2020 C8 Corvette in person for the first time- sweet- and several other dream cars that were there. For the first time on a year or so, though, I didn't score anything for Sam (other than the gunracks), who is still waiting for his starter to come back from the rebuild shop.

Lynx

SEVERAL dog dresses?

Um... okay. But still, $100 is light for a teen girl.

Speaking of clothing, I picked up a shirt a friend of mine designed and posted on teespring.

https://teespring.com/the-fourth-man-2020?pid=935&cid=103886

You can get it in white, black or assorted colors, but I think the flames around the letters really only pop with a black shirt.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe