News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I've nothing to say but to say that I've nothing to say.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on July 09, 2019, 01:34:19 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 08, 2019, 11:01:16 PMWell. I shall change that soon, just by invading it.
The day, it was long. The people, they were dumb. The writer, he was annoyed. LOL.
But, tomorrow I've got some friends coming by....

Why is you invading Tennesee?
Chey's birthday is coming up on the 27th. They are having a Dukes of Hazzard 40th anniversary Hazzardfest in Rogersville on her birthday, and several of the cast will be present. She wants to go to it for her birthday. So we are going that Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

The last of my company just left. I is tired.

Lynx

Musing on how times change...

Remember when people whined and complained about leftovers? Nobody wanted leftovers, everybody wanted something fresh. There were even jokes about it, like the man who refused to say grace over a meal because "Show me one thing I haven't blessed three times and I'll bless it." Also the guy who scraped his plate into the trash at the end of a meal and muttered, "And this time, STAY there."

These days they call it "meal prep" and they take pride in their foresight in making up meals in advance. I dunno, still seems like leftovers to me... Not that I mind! I love me some leftovers.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

We had leftovers for supper, they were good, too.

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:
I know why God gives you children when you're young. I'm still recuperating from the grandchildren.
;)

The Purple Fuzzy

Today is my daddy's birthday. I'm making him a sugar free pie.

Roscoe

Sorry, I've been busy and haven't had a chance to post. Had friends from Oklahoma come over and we enjoyed a bit of company with them. They are apostolic as well and know Mini, so we made it a point to text and torment them with food pics. It was a sudden decision trip, so we had not taken off.. So after court yesterday, I received approval from my boss to take off today. I did, thinking I would surprise them and spend the day hiking with them, since they had talked of hiking on Petit Jean.
 I'm the one that was surprised. They decided to go to North Arkansas to Gentry today. LOL. I didn't tell them I had taken off. I enjoyed the day by going and getting Sam 100% Arkansas legal, then took it by the 92 year old former owners house. Made his day to see the old truck and mine too, to get to talk with him. Then I came home and mowed the yard. Should be doing some more clean up stuff, but I'm too lazy to right now.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yesterday I left w*rk with a smile on my face. Well, more like a grin. Somebody that gets on everybody's nerves was coming in just as I was going out. Is it wrong to grin when you dodge a bullet?

Fuzzy I hear ya about kids. I'm only 41 and dealing with kids at church is tiring. I do not remember having that much energy when I was their age.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

I'm so sleepy.

@Work. We got back Wednesday, so I came back to work yesterday. Thankfully I did a LOT of pre-work before I left for vacation, so I don't have quite as much work to catch up on. If I could only stay awake until 3:30.. lol.

We had a wonderful time, saw some wonderful places and things and people, and had a wonderful time with our friends.

Roscoe

Made it through Friday. Had to get a little stern with some of my offenders, but otherwise a good day. Came home intending to work some outside. It's too hot, and my motivation fled at the same time Daisy curled up in my lap in our chair under an A/C vent..

Lynx

Can anybody explain why peanut butter gets so thick when you add anything to it?

All natural peanut butter - ground peanuts and salt - semi-solid.
Honey - semi-liquid.
Peanut butter + honey - thicker than hard red clay.

What?!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Enjoyed the day puttering to various flea markets in Rusty with Lou and Chey. Came home and I grilled chicken breast. Been a really good day.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel stopped by for a few minutes, so I got to she my little Bobby boy for a bit. :)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on July 13, 2019, 12:55:56 AMCan anybody explain why peanut butter gets so thick when you add anything to it?

All natural peanut butter - ground peanuts and salt - semi-solid.
Honey - semi-liquid.
Peanut butter + honey - thicker than hard red clay.

What?!

I always wondered why honey made peanut butter get hard so quickly lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Um...I have never even heard that...lol
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Have you ever even eaten a PB and honey sandwich? lol  :wasup:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

If you ever discover the answer to that question, please share.

Speaking of sharing- guys, I am more blessed of God than I can imagine. Remember the recent blessing I spoke of, in the form of a amazing Performance Eval that made me a nice bonus? Remember the "Secret Agent man" jokes and the classes and test I had to take? The one that, as a maximum compensation employee meant I was doing it for free and would not result in a raise?
Well...apparently, the promotion to Agent bumped me up a pay grade. This put me under the maximum compensation level for the new pay grade.  Which meant that I would be eligible for a pay raise. Long story short- I found out today that I have been given a nice raise of $1.56 an hour!

Bro Wilson had just taught Bro Thrasher's "Law of the Harvest" message....And wow, God's blessings are there.

Heather

Roscoe-Rogersville in what state? I'm an hour from Rogersville, TN and regularly drive through when I'm on a route for work.

You know how I said my sister was moving to SC? Well her boyfriend offered Brandon a job. A much better paying job. So guess who else is moving to SC? If your guess is us, you would be right.

Here is to downsizing, packing, securing housing, and moving.......in the next 2-3 weeks.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, I'd checked here regularly but no posts then y'all all post at once while I'm busy. :girltongue:

Lynx

Quote from: mini on July 15, 2019, 07:29:11 PMNope.  Always PB & J.

:ugly:
Well it depends on the peanut butter you use too. If you use peanut butter that already has sugar, mono- and diglycerides, etc. then it won't do it because the peanuts already have stuff mixed in with them.

Peanut butter that is only peanuts and salt gets stiffer when you mix jelly in it too. And I still don't know why.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on July 16, 2019, 01:33:24 AMRoscoe-Rogersville in what state? I'm an hour from Rogersville, TN and regularly drive through when I'm on a route for work.

You know how I said my sister was moving to SC? Well her boyfriend offered Brandon a job. A much better paying job. So guess who else is moving to SC? If your guess is us, you would be right.

Here is to downsizing, packing, securing housing, and moving.......in the next 2-3 weeks.
It would be Tennessee.  I didn't  realize it was that close to Virginia....
And congratulations on the move. May it be everything you need it to be.
Morning,  all. Back in class on a day when coffee  is all that has me going. And they have the ac set at 65 degrees.  I brought a jacket.

Heather

I would say I would love to come meet yall, but between work and moving, I doubt I'll have time to sleep much less wander to Rogersville. Enjoy that area. It's pretty.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali