News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Music trivia.... Did you know?

Started by SippinTea, May 12, 2010, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Did you know...

Charles Ives, in his composition The Unanswered Question instructed pianists to use a bar of wood 14 3/4 inches long (instead of their fingers) to play a "cluster chord"?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

Do you know what a Heckelphone is? I didn't know until today. And they're really, really cool! Check it out here if you're curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckelphone

Newsman

Hmm...wondersd what a cluster chord would sound like.. I doubt I could get pastor's wife to let me try that on her big piano we use at the church!

John  :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: SippinTea on May 12, 2010, 11:12:59 PM
Do you know what a Heckelphone is? I didn't know until today. And they're really, really cool! Check it out here if you're curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckelphone

I was thinking it looked kinda like an oboe, and when I read farther the aritcle said it's from the oboe family. Interesting.

SippinTea

Did you know?...

- Paul Hindemith left home at age 11 to support himself by working in beer gardens, theaters, night clubs, and dance halls
- Hindemith also thought musicians could (and should!) master their art... and lived out his own philosophy to the point of composing Trauermusik (Music of Mourning) in just a single days, and performing it the next day.