News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Neti Pot for sinus issues?

Started by angel, October 26, 2011, 04:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angel

Has any one tired or use the neti pot? Just wondering if it has helped with sinus issues for you or not. 
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Amelia Bedelia

yes.  it depends on what is wrong though... if I've been around something that is causing a major reaction then the neti pot helps to clear everything quickly and I can start to recover.   for ongoing things like seasonal allergies I find local honey, bee pollen and quercetin regimes to be more effective

Chseeads

I've never used a Neti Pot, though I had a running joke with someone on my FB that always was recommending it to me, she uses one.  I have put salt water up my nose and stuff though for things.  I would use a drinking straw to pick up the water and drop it down my nose. Same basic idea somewhat. lol

angel

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on October 29, 2011, 12:04:58 AM
yes.  it depends on what is wrong though... if I've been around something that is causing a major reaction then the neti pot helps to clear everything quickly and I can start to recover.   for ongoing things like seasonal allergies I find local honey, bee pollen and quercetin regimes to be more effective

How does honey help?

Lynx

Specifically local honey.  Honey from across the country won't work.  Local bees make local honey from local flowers, which have local pollen... the local pollen you're allergic to.  To eat local honey seems to get your body accustomed to the local pollen, or at least temper the allergic reaction.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

angel

O.k. Tried the netipot, made me more stuffed. Tried just the sinus rinse with the Neil Med squirt bottle and  prepacked neil salt from Walgreens. My sinus infection cleared in a week! along with the second round of antibiotics that weren't working. I'd rather eat honey! I will give it a whirl come pollen season!

mini

ladyshep, I saw a post you made on sharing the other day where you said "pastor parker" was your pastor.  Where do you go to church at?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

angel

Calvary Apostolic Church in La Crosse. The Bells retired and the Parkers took over in the spring.

mini

Ahh!  We have a couple pastors here local that are named Parker.  Thought you might be a okie...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

angel

These are the Parkers that were missionaries in Okinawa Japan, you could say they are "oki" but not the Okie you're talking. *laughs*  :biglaugh: