News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Who uses E-readers?

Started by Scott, June 13, 2011, 02:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

My wife wants one and I am looking for some reviews / feedback on them.

I am interested in capabilities etc......
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

I have a Nook! Not the color one though.

It's good - it has the ability to connect to wifi to download books, magazines.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Scott

Can she surf the net?  Are there any free bibles to download?

She wants something in her purse to surf the net and read too.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

Yea she can surf the net - as long as she has wifi in the vicinity to connect to.

As far as free bibles - I honestly don't know.
It's hard to navigate if you wanted to search on the bible though.

It's good for basic page-turning reading...if that makes sense? lol

The Nook color would probably work better - because I believe if I'm not mistaken, it has a touch screen. The regular Nook does not have a full-touch screen.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I believe Adina and Ben both have Kindels.  Adina said there were lots of free things to download.  I know she downloaded a Bible.  I'll send her the link to this thread and see if she can come comment.

Amelia Bedelia

I did a lot of research when I bought my kindle and I love it. There are hundreds of thousands of free downloads, and even more cheap ones. I have the wifi and 3G on mine and I can check my email and websurf (don't think I can play videos or flash scripts, but its an e-reader not a mini-laptop.

I got a cover that comes with a light, its very easy on the eyes and honestly I forget that I'm not holding a book - even pull my arms out of the covers to get ready to turn page and then remember LOL

Libraries and kindle worked out their issues or whatever and now you can also rent on the kindle

Scott

I understand that the Kindle has an app that allows you to read Microsoft docs....

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

We've seen Kindle before, but under another name:  http://xkcd.com/548/
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Negative.  If I were Marvin I would say something like, "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they want me to analyze yet another e-reader.  It's just a part of modern life they say.  Life.  Don't talk to me about life."

I'm more like a cross between Eddie and Ford. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

iridiscente

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on June 13, 2011, 05:36:21 PM
I did a lot of research when I bought my kindle and I love it. There are hundreds of thousands of free downloads, and even more cheap ones. I have the wifi and 3G on mine and I can check my email and websurf (don't think I can play videos or flash scripts, but its an e-reader not a mini-laptop.

I got a cover that comes with a light, its very easy on the eyes and honestly I forget that I'm not holding a book - even pull my arms out of the covers to get ready to turn page and then remember LOL

Libraries and kindle worked out their issues or whatever and now you can also rent on the kindle

Yeah, that. :)

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 13, 2011, 07:10:02 PM
Negative.  If I were Marvin I would say something like, "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they want me to analyze yet another e-reader.  It's just a part of modern life they say.  Life.  Don't talk to me about life."

I'm more like a cross between Eddie and Ford.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

oooookay Marvin!

:freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2:

The Never Ending Battle