News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Mens Short-Sleve Dress Shirt Question

Started by acts2believer, August 29, 2010, 06:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acts2believer

Alright everyone I kinda have a stupid question for you all that know fashion. Does it look stupid for a guy to wear a short sleve dress shirt and a tie witout and suite jacket ?

Scott

Nope!

It is summer time dress at banks and financial institutions!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

acts2believer

The reason I am asking is because I dont have very many long sleeved dress shirts and awhile back a friend of mine at church told me that a short sleeved shirt and a tie dont go good together unless your wearing a suit jacket so people dont notice that it is a short sleeved shirt.

Heather

i've seen it plenty of times. if it works for you, go for it.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Geri

Wear what you have, and what you are most comfortable in.  Some ppl may think it doesn't look good, some may like it a lot. The most important thing is how you feel. I definitely wouldn't recommend going out and buying new shirts/clothes if you're fine with what you have.

My husband wears short sleeve dress shirts a lot, and I think they look just fine.

acts2believer

Thanks everyone I  personally think sometimes they look fine and on the other hand sometimes I feel like they look bad together , However since im not rich I will just keep the clothes I have.

Scott

Don't stress the small stuff.

Short sleeved Dress shirts are Dress Shirts for warm weather - period!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Brother Dad

In Public service jobs ties are to be worn with long sleeve shirts.  Police Officers and such wear short sleeve in the summer without a tie.  But must wear a tie with a long sleeve.  I think maybe that is where your friend is coming from.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.