News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Singles Breakaway 2009 & 2010

Started by Amy, March 16, 2009, 01:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Wish I could go... just found out about it a month ago though... lol.

Of course I was thinking that with a ratio of 10-1 girls/guys... They should have like timeslots that the girls can sign up for the specific guy, or a guy sign-out... like a library book... oh, wait that is checking out... better stick with sign-outs... Lol...

All I gotta go is finish it in the Excel spreadsheet... and a girl could sign out a specific guy for a day if she were to give up a meal or two...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

rofl  You could make up buttons that say "check me out" and give everyone cards...

Speed dating might work, though.  lol

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Super thought... So like library cards then... or the guys could be like UNO colors, and the gals play to see who gets what color, and there could be a playoff... or they could play a monopoly game, and each piece represents a guy... and the winner gets first pick of who to hang with for a day.

Never done speed dating... interesting... lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

I'm pinkwinking in the worst sort of way (Kris should be hugely proud of me for carrying on her traditions *lol*)... but it's too funny not to tell.

Some of you probably remember that I worked at the local Christian bookstore for years... well, once upon a time, they decided to do a huge push with credit cards and the cashiers were supposed to ask every customer if they wanted to apply for the card, and one of the gimmicks they were supposed to use was a teddy bear that was free, just for applying. The gals at my store were having a hard time with that one, partially because they kept forgetting, and partially because they were anti-credit anyhow. (From the memos fed us from HQ, every Christian was supposed to be hugely in debt, I guess.) :roll: Anyhow, someone came up with a plan to post a little sign on the counter next to the free teddy bear that said "Ask how you can take me or one of my friends home today." Problem was, the sign the sign was NOT in a stationary holder, and kept getting bumped in front of the clerks. Sure enough, the customers started making wisecracks about taking the gals home with them. And then the gals started making hilarious jokes (when the customers weren't around *lol*) about leaving the sign where it was supposed to be for most of the customers, but moving it directly in front of them every time a good looking single guy was at their counter. :lol:

Okay, I'm finished pinkwinking.

For now. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Anyhow, someone came up with a plan to post a little sign on the counter next to the free teddy bear that said "Ask how you can take me or one of my friends home today." Problem was, the sign the sign was NOT in a stationary holder, and kept getting bumped in front of the clerks. Sure enough, the customers started making wisecracks about taking the gals home with them. And then the gals started making hilarious jokes (when the customers weren't around *lol*) about leaving the sign where it was supposed to be for most of the customers, but moving it directly in front of them every time a good looking single guy was at their counter.

LOL... that is very funny, what a riot. That's about as bad as asking for a girls number from the drive thru window at a burger joint... lol (never done it myself!)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

Hmmm...

*reads Ruby's post*
:laughhard:
:lightbulb:

*opens Microsoft Word*

*prints a sign*

:sulk:

Be back later
:freaky2:

SippinTea

Newsman

RainbowJingles

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: RainbowJingles on February 16, 2010, 06:46:53 PM
:couch: All cute guys invited to dinner with me....

LOL... you need to put the sign up though too!

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

1legRooster

Priceless reading.   :laughhard:

Sis that is a great sign, good job.  You were supposed to add her number there so they could call, or are you taking apps inside?  LOL

The early bird get's the worm, but who wants to eat a worm.

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Sis

Quote from: 1legRooster on February 17, 2010, 02:58:24 AM

Sis that is a great sign, good job.  You were supposed to add her number there so they could call, or are you taking apps inside?  LOL

We screen applicants for her. We don't want to stick her with any weirdos.   Cheeseburger need not apply! :rofl:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Sis on February 17, 2010, 04:17:43 AM
Quote from: 1legRooster on February 17, 2010, 02:58:24 AM

We screen applicants for her. We don't want to stick her with any weirdos.   Cheeseburger need not apply! :rofl:

I think it is funny that her advertising is on a AOG church sign... that's one way to get visitors... LOL. Never tried that before... have a raffle for dinner with a lady if you come to a church service... LOL... wrong in so many ways

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

:laughhard:
Can't breathe!
Can't breathe!
Can't breathe!

Oh my stars!  Between Yooper and Sis I'm about to have a choking fit here!  rofl

WAIT!!!  I don't want them all at my house at the same time, Sis!  Schedule them at least a couple days apart so I can clear my mind and plan a new menu!!

Any applications yet?

RainbowJingles

Yeah!  an AOG church sign?!?!?  Wait...  I need my ad put on a UPC sign, Sis!!!

Sis

The choice was several Catholic ones a Luthern one, and stuff like that. That was the closest I could find. Would you rather have Catholic men to convert?

nwlife

Just pondering....nothing can gain my attention faster (except 2 things) than a girl with an foreign accent...
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: nwlife on February 17, 2010, 12:52:31 PM
Just pondering....nothing can gain my attention faster (except 2 things) than a girl with an foreign accent...

LOL... right there with ya on that one... but of course here in Wisconsin... most accents found elsewhere are foreign... LOL

I like southern accents, or irish or scottish.

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 17, 2010, 01:10:57 PM

Oh, Neeewwwsssmmmaaannn..... you need to see this. :D

nwlife

Quote from: SippinTea on February 17, 2010, 05:59:09 PM

Oh, Neeewwwsssmmmaaannn..... you need to see this. :D

so if he likes sourthern accents, and mel, ashlee, nelle, and the one with curls from florida (can't remember poster's name off hand--choloe?)
are all from the deep south, does it mean we will have a sour yankee if we don't ship him in cargo box to Lousiana for the next Godplace meet?
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

nwlife

Quote from: nwlife on February 17, 2010, 12:52:31 PM

LOL... right there with ya on that one... but of course here in Wisconsin... most accents found elsewhere are foreign... LOL

Irish/scottish, french, islander, or aussie, those would be the best in my book.

RainbowJingles

Methinks that Brandon and Yoop are both in the fast lane with V8 engine vehicles speeding toward the next investigation.  lol

For the record, Brandon: Floridians don't tend to have much of a "southern" accent.  Now TEXAS, on the other hand...  :freaky2: