News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Singles Breakaway 2009 & 2010

Started by Amy, March 16, 2009, 01:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

I was wondering if anybody had ever been on one of the Singles Breakaway trips?  I'm to late for this year as I think they are actually on it right now, but I'm considering going next year (destination unknown currently) and wondered if anybody else had gone, or thought about going, or knew somebody who has gone?  Thanks!!
Follow me on Twitter - AmySmllwd

Sis

It would be fun to go as a chaperon.

SippinTea

A good friend of mine has gone on two of their trips... and had a wonderful time on both trips. I wanted to go with her on the Breakaway 2009, but... it's not going to work. Oh well.

If you would like to ask my friend some questions, I'm sure she wouldn't mind. PM me your email if you'd like me to pass it along to her. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Sis

Where did they go this year?  Where is the trip next year going to be?

Assuredbyfaith

I think it was Greece? I can't remember!?  :biglaugh: A good friend was going to go but she ended up having surgery! :-(
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Sis

Greece?  Really?  Why didn't I know about this?  Cuz I'm an old married lady? 

Assuredbyfaith

Don't the have something for married couples too?  If would only be fair, right?
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Sis

I would still like to go with the singles and watch them to make sure they behave! 

Assuredbyfaith

SippinTea

*chuckle* Sis, if your posts on GP are any indication, you would helping them MISbehave. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Sis

Up to a point. I CAN instigate, but no sexual encounters allowed. Short sheeting beds, yes.

sunlight

what are single breakaway trips?

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

uh oh, you say trip and someone's ears perk up...

sunlight

Assuredbyfaith

This year it involved a cruise, traveling to foreign lands, and meeting other people in the same situation that you are in.......that is,  "SINGLE"....lol

~Stephanie~

THey haven't gone yet. THis year's cruise to Greece is next week. My friend Beth is going.

Sis

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 17, 2009, 04:00:34 PM
This year it involved a cruise, traveling to foreign lands, and meeting other people in the same situation that you are in.......that is,  "SINGLE"....lol

How about people like me who want to go to meet foreign lands?

sunlight

where can i find out more information about it? :grin: :halo:

Amy

If you do a search for Singles Breakaway UPCI it'll show up.  Thanks to everyone who replied, and those of you who said you knew people who went, or are going, have them send me an email, especially if they intend to go next year too.   Gr8Grace@hotmail.com

For those who said married people should have a trip...you guys have each other to go on vacation with!!  Us single people have a hard time getting vacation partners sometimes.  I know I do!! 

sunlight

http://www.ninetyandnine.com/Archives/20030623/cover.htm
I didnt find much information when i Googled it really quickly, but i did find this... how cool is that! :grin:

I would seriously consider going on one of these...

Im def going to look again later! :hyper:

Sis

Quote from: Amy on March 18, 2009, 03:44:39 PM
If you do a search for Singles Breakaway UPCI it'll show up.  Thanks to everyone who replied, and those of you who said you knew people who went, or are going, have them send me an email, especially if they intend to go next year too.   Gr8Grace@hotmail.com

For those who said married people should have a trip...you guys have each other to go on vacation with!!  Us single people have a hard time getting vacation partners sometimes.  I know I do!! 

Don't think that marrieds should have their own. As a matter of fact, there ARE married's retreats which are totally boring. I want to go with the singles.  They're more fun than old married people. I want to chaperon

Amy

I don't think these trips have chaperones haha nice try.  Maybe you could start your own trips, then charge everyone enough so that you get to go free.

Sis

Ahhhhh!   *Sis snaps fingers* 

Amy

If anybody was wondering, next year is an Eastern Caribbean cruise.  Details will be available at the end of the month...

sunlight