News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

I Was Touched (Updated)

Started by Newsman, September 06, 2008, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

A rare seriouis post from me on the subject of parenting.

I'm active on one other website, a forum for medievalists. Just a few minutes ago, I read a post from one of our members there.

He's hard-core, no-nonsense, and tough as nails. I think he's a police officer in real life, whose seen a lot of big-city crime. He posted a few lines in a thread he started about how the medical folks are going to do a C-Section on his wife on a certain date, how then he will have a daughter, and his boy will have a sister.

In his brief post, ne notes he needs to sell more armor, and get moved (into another house he's moving his family to) The last line of his post was only three words "baby needs things"

I was touched how the approaching birth of a baby girl meant so much to him.

John

MelodyB

:)

Thats cause you really do care for kids, John, even if you try to act like you dont. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Quote from: Newsman on September 06, 2008, 11:26:30 AM
   In his brief post, ne notes he needs to sell more armor, and get moved (into another house he's moving his family to) The last line of his post was only three words "baby needs things"

I was touched how the approaching birth of a baby girl meant so much to him.

Aye. Baby girls have a way of turning even the toughest, gruffest men into little puddles of mush. *grin* And I love watching them.

One of our 'gentle giants' in our church has three daughters. His youngest (about 7 yrs old) recently fainted for no apparent reason. She'd been playing outside, was approaching the patio door calling "Daddy...", and just as he looked up she collapsed. He about came unglued. He called our house asking us to be praying, and if I hadn't been the one to take the call I don't think I would have believed his voice could shake that much. He absolutely adores his daughters, but especially his baby I think. He calls her his 'Fragile Princess' because she's not as strong as the rest of the girls.

*ramble ramble*  :updown:

Dads don't realize how important they are to their girls.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

iridiscente

I was very glad that Ben rocked Ariel to sleep last night.

Newsman

That person I posted of already has the girl's name picked out, with well over a month still to go.

Another guy posted how he loved his son "dearly" but his daughter was "special"

John  :waving:
Grumpyest of the Grumpye!

Newsman

Friday, I was doing a live football coach's show at a local restaurant.. there were a couple sports-oriented folks and some bankers and a fan who wound up winning $200 in a giveaway being done.. one female I introduced as a beautiful young Lady we eventually got to do our giveaway drawing for us.

I also got her to say a couple of words on the air..she was quite the hit amongsrt all the guys there, and the guys were uncharacteristically cheery to her.

She was a cutiepie 4ish year old with a ribbon in her hair, the daughter of one of the bankers.

Oh, children..bah humbug. Hmmppphhhh!!!!!

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Newsman on November 09, 2008, 01:57:19 AM
Friday, I was doing a live football coach's show at a local restaurant.. there were a couple sports-oriented folks and some bankers and a fan who wound up winning $200 in a giveaway being done.. one female I introduced as a beautiful young Lady we eventually got to do our giveaway drawing for us.

I also got her to say a couple of words on the air..she was quite the hit amongsrt all the guys there, and the guys were uncharacteristically cheery to her.

She was a cutiepie 4ish year old with a ribbon in her hair, the daughter of one of the bankers.

Oh, children..bah humbug. Hmmppphhhh!!!!!

Give up the bah humbug act John, we all know you're a softy when it comes to kids. ;)

Newsman

:tantrum:

Oh, another kid story..I taught the adult class Sunday, but before I did that I had to take the offering on one side, then as the brother who splits a lot of the financial stuff at the church with me was out due to a serious illness to his wife, I had to put the offering plates in the Sunday School office, while they are singing a chorus.

I get back in the sanctuary, grab my Bible with notes, and head around the side to go up front. While doing so, the child of a visiting family from Texas tried to give me a credit card.. the boy was probably 6 or so, and may have seen others giving stuff to me (for the offering).

It was cute..maybe we need to start accepting Visa and Mastercard :)

Oh, and children, bah humbug!

sunlight

:grin: @ the visa
* sunlight touches Newsman... :lol:

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Brother Dad

Quote from: Newsman on November 10, 2008, 08:11:44 AM
:tantrum:

Oh, another kid story..I taught the adult class Sunday, but before I did that I had to take the offering on one side, then as the brother who splits a lot of the financial stuff at the church with me was out due to a serious illness to his wife, I had to put the offering plates in the Sunday School office, while they are singing a chorus.

I get back in the sanctuary, grab my Bible with notes, and head around the side to go up front. While doing so, the child of a visiting family from Texas tried to give me a credit card.. the boy was probably 6 or so, and may have seen others giving stuff to me (for the offering).

It was cute..maybe we need to start accepting Visa and Mastercard :)

Oh, and children, bah humbug!

My sister went to a birthday party Saturday a Church where they had a machine for swiping credit cards in the foyer.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Newsman

:o , Brother Dad.

Nothing wrong with it, just a bit out of the norm, at least for here.

Brother Dad

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

MelodyB

Dad...Look here... http://godplace.com/forum/index.php?topic=26019.0

BTW...thats in the Archive, so its READ ONLY...cant reply. LOL

And yes I edited this post. :o
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?