News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Depression

Started by RainbowJingles, September 05, 2007, 10:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you dealing with or battling some form of depression?

Yes.  I am battling horrible depression and feel like I'm about to lose my mind
Yes, I'm dealing with depression in a somewhat mild form
No.  I'm feeling GREAT!

RainbowJingles

**puts Nessi and NessasMomma on her prayer list**

Depression stinks.

*holds her nose*

Backseat Radio

I'm dealing with mild depression again.  Mainly it seems to be draining me of my energy.

RainbowJingles

Post-holiday letdown/blahs don't exactly help, either.

**HUGS** BSR

Chinadoll

This the biggest dragon I fight DAILY.

Lately (because of the death of my friend Lisa) it does seem to be a struggle -- just stupid little stuff like pink sparkly yarn (her favorite color), any reference to The Book of Mormon (she was LDS), or even Turtle Chex Mix sets me off!

It's just rough.   And being at SCA events without my SCA family makes it worse.

If I get bad again, I must say that I do have a pastor who actually is wanting to check in with me regularly.   That's more special then I know.    He's been doing a lot of counseling with me about wounds so some stuff is getting better.

I guess I'm starting to make my peace with the fact that I may struggle with this forever.   Or God may heal me.   It may be the "thorn in my flesh"

Nai

Backseat Radio

I've pretty much had to battle the depression on my own since my is primarily related to spiritual issues.  I feel like if I open up to folks at church that they'll pressure me back towards the very things that sent me into depression and suicidalness in the first place.

Chinadoll

I finally went to my pastor and said I was afraid of sliding downward again.

This for me is a first.   I'm not one to go and see my pastor like that and definitely not one to open up -- been trying to hide it.

His words, among other things, "Never tell yourself that you're alone" and that several others in our church battle this.

I'm blessed in my current situation I must say.    But it's a struggle right now, and some of it is just grieving.

Nai

Sis

How's your heath been?  I remember you were struggling with some stuff awhile back. That surely doesn't help.

Chinadoll

The PCOS is at least for now under control.   Unmedicated but not acting up particularly badly.

And the change in area has been good for me.    Fewer allergens here.

Just the death of a friend can completely trigger stuff.

Nai