Favorite Teddy Bear or Stuffed Animals?

Started by apsurf, December 03, 2007, 05:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowJingles

lol  That's funny.  I just edited it to add the pic while you were asking about it.  Took it on my cell phone and added it.  :-)

I got it at Cracker Barrel about 3 or so years ago.  The bears on it are fuzzy/furry.  The pictures isn't of the whole thing, just the middle (biggest bear) and the bottom two (the bear heads).  There's a bit more to the quilt than that.  It's in my rocking chair now with my bear in uniform and Fuzz, my Beanie Bear.  I'm about to post some pics that'll have a few people going "awwww!"  :-)

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

RainbowJingles

One particular friend knew me well and found some incredibly "just right" gifts for me.  :-)
(click to see bigger pictures)

Awww!                                          And aww again!

As you can see, it's not very big at all.  :-)  Size: Adorable

And the final awwwwwwwww goes to...

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

Awwwww... is right. :)

And that last one has a ducky. Mel will be pleased.  :thumbsup2:

:beret:

RainbowJingles

You can only barely see the duckie with the baby bear cuz I took it with my cell phone, and the resolutions isn't that great.  They both have duckies, though!  That's why he got them for me.  I was amazed when I saw them.  At the time, my living room was decorated in teddy bears (wallpaper border, trinkets, my teddy bear quilt and more) and my bathroom was decorated in rubber duckies (King George and the ducky, ducky shower curtain, trashcan, mug, shower curtain rod, and the whole shebang).  I love duckies and bears!!!  :-)

MelodyB

:o

I love it!!

I am just seeing this...bad me.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

It's ok, Mel.  It's not like it was in one of the ducky threads.  :-)

upcchris

I had a stuffed rabbit that was a favourite when I was a kid, I don't know what happened to it, it's probably in the attic somewhere...or given away. It was a glow in the dark rabbit...and what overly imaginitive name did I give it? Rabby.

I got a christmas bear from my mum as a Christmas present a couple of years ago...it's under my bed, because it keeps falling through the crack between the bed and the wall. I didn't name it...or maybe I did, it's probably named Chrissy

There was a shaggy bear I got a couple of years ago...named Shaggy. Yup, I'm really creative when it comes to names for stuffed animals.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Newsman

I'd make fun of folks and their stuffed animals, but I've got a stuffed bear in the truck somehwere, buried 'neath the ton of  stuff in the passenger's side..it was given to me by the insurance place I deal with, in case I wanted to use it for an entry fee to a special fighting tournament that I wound up not making it to, a couople of months ago!

I had another stuffed animal with me in the truck, but after making sure it was alright with the kids mother, gave it to some distressed-seeming child that was here at the radio stations.

Of course, though, I'm still the Grumpyest of the Grumpye!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

Newsman

My prized creature for years though, was a 24+inch plastic salmon mounted on a plastic gold cap brim..I called it 'newsfish.'
   It sat on top of the computer I wrote my stories on for years..I used to say it had probably presided over perhaps 10,000 stories. A few years ago, we were having a party here at the station, and the child of a woman someone invited fell in love with the thing..I regretfully gave newsfish to the girl.
   I do have a big solid milk chocolate in the shape of a fish, that the foil wrapping of it is done to make it look like  a bass..a present from Lady Elona..it's to my right as I write, right here in my office..right?

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Newsman on February 27, 2008, 12:02:33 PM

I do have a big solid milk chocolate in the shape of a fish, that the foil wrapping of it is done to make it look like  a bass..a present from Lady Elona..it's to my right as I write, right here in my office..right?

Wright!!  :thumbsup2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

SippinTea

Newsman

Umm, Lady Melody,

Did you see the part about my being the Grumpyest of the Grumpye?

Quote from: MelodyB on February 27, 2008, 04:08:23 PM
John, you have a big heart.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Newsman on February 27, 2008, 11:57:02 AM

Of course, though, I'm still the Grumpyest of the Grumpye!  :thumbsup2:

WhatEVER   :roll:

Sister_Mom

I never realized a man with a big heart could be considered Grumpye, but it's true. Of course it depends on how one defines Grumpye. I know someone who has been labeled tough, strict, hard among other things, but he has the biggest, softest heart of any man I know and he actually is all of those things, but for the right reasons and in the right instances where compromise should never be an option. So, I believe John just may very well have rightfuly earned his title of "Grumpye", if it's used in that manner. Otherwise, no, you're not grumpye.  :P
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Newsman

Thank you, Ladies..I don't know how long it had been since I had thought of newsfish, until I wrote of it today..now I again miss not having it in the office,

sunlight

I'm still waiting to find the grumpye side of you Sir John.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Sis

Backseat Radio

might have to pull my beloved collection out of storage and make use of my camera

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 11, 2008, 01:02:41 AM
This is an interesting thread.  :grin:

Ill say!

When Mom wrote that stuff on page one about a man, she had not even met Dad yet! LOL That is priceless!

Was this a guest thread Sandra?

sunlight

hey elona... did you ever find out more bout the bear blanket saga?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Newsman

Lady Chel,

Maybe you were just *ahem* distracted during the Oklahoma meetup, and iddn't recognize how i indeed am the Grumpyest of the Grumpye!

Quote from: sunlight on February 28, 2008, 11:44:43 PM
I'm still waiting to find the grumpye side of you Sir John.