News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Favorite Teddy Bear or Stuffed Animals?

Started by apsurf, December 03, 2007, 05:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apsurf

Well, got to thinking about what someone had posted earlier in another thread....so I got to digging, most of my old childhood collection was sold in a garage sale, donated to salvation army or eaten by a poodle.... :smirk2:

The original one I started out with is buried too deep to take a photo of, but here are two I have, the bear since age 8, and the tiger since a couple years ago.

Backseat Radio

ya mean we have to admit that us adults might still love a stuffed animal or teddy bear  :o

Sis

Chinadoll

My panda James is sitting at Mom and Dad's.   He's missing one eye.

Ruggles, my old sheepdog is there too.

Plus, I left Speedy at home.   Yeah, how could I have done that?

Speedy is the turtle my brother in law (at the time sister's fiancee) got me when I was in the hospital after wreck #1.    :)   He's visited 13 states.

Nai

Sister_Mom

Just curious as to why this is in singles.  ???

Are singles the only ones that need teddy bears?  :biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

RainbowJingles

lol  Good question.  After I'm married (if I ever make it to that point in my life), I don't think I can envision myself sleeping with a teddy bear or resorting to hugging one when I'm lonely.  I like to believe that I'll put my stuffed animals in the guest room to decorate, and hug my real live teddy bear instead.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: RainbowJingles on December 04, 2007, 08:55:56 PM
lol  Good question.  After I'm married (if I ever make it to that point in my life), I don't think I can envision myself sleeping with a teddy bear or resorting to hugging one when I'm lonely.  I like to believe that I'll put my stuffed animals in the guest room to decorate, and hug my real live teddy bear instead.

I don't think that being married doesn't mean never being lonely.  :-( Besides, men talk back, bears don't.    :laughhard:

"IF" I ever marry again, I intend to keep my bears. :demand: If he doesn't want me to, then that will be a sure sign that he's NOT Mr. Right.  :nono:

Really, when I asked that question, I was thinking of Claudea and her 600+ bears and she's married to Mr. Mushy Romantic Wicks.  :biglaugh:

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Sister_Mom on December 04, 2007, 09:07:43 PM

I don't think that being married doesn't mean never being lonely.  :-( Besides, men talk back, bears don't.    :laughhard:

"IF" I ever marry again, I intend to keep my bears. :demand: If he doesn't want me to, then that will be a sure sign that he's NOT Mr. Right.  :nono:

Really, when I asked that question, I was thinking of Claudea and her 600+ bears and she's married to Mr. Mushy Romantic Wicks.  :biglaugh:

rofl on the Mr. Mushy Romatic Wicks   :laughhard:

I didn't say I would get rid of my bears!  I just said I could see them going in the guest room.  lol

And I definitely didn't say that marriage would make loneliness go away forever!  lol  I said "After I'm married... " "...when I'm lonely."

I just tend to think that, if I find the right real-life teddy bear, he'll trump the plush ones anyday.

Sis

Quote from: Sister_Mom on December 04, 2007, 09:07:43 PM

So it's love me love my teddy bear(s)?   :laughhard:

RainbowJingles

Nah.  It's more like...

"Love me?  GIVE me a teddy bear!"

:grin:

But I'm an extremist, so don't mind me.  I'm the one who's been to Build-a-Bear Workshop and actually built a bear.

MelodyB

I think I am gonna go get the camera and take some pics... :D
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Quote from: RainbowJingles on December 04, 2007, 11:24:02 PM
Nah.  It's more like...

"Love me?  GIVE me a teddy bear!"

:grin:

But I'm an extremist, so don't mind me.  I'm the one who's been to Build-a-Bear Workshop and actually built a bear.

:D Then I'm an extremist, too. ;)

And the only Build-a-bear I own has... well... memories attached.  :smirk2: Good ones, bad ones, and everything in between. I don't hug her anymore but I can't bear to get rid of her. *cough*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Ok...here they are.. :D :D :D

This is Pinky...I got her when I was just a few mins old...My Daddy bought her for me in the hospital gift shop. She had a dress, but that has been missing for a long time.

This is Montgomery and Hortense. Montgomery I got from my Brothers' Grandparents for Christmas when I was 5 and Hortense I got the same year but was allowed to open a few weeks early cause I was brave when they put the stitches in my toe. *sniff* (I wasnt supposed to get to open it if I cried, and I did, but I got to have him anyway...cause I was brave... *wink*)

Jessica, Pie Lady, and Annabelle. Jessica is one of those "Real babies" that were so popular and I got her when I was 8. Pie Lady, my Daddy bought me when I was 3, and Annabelle, my great aunt Annabelle crocheted her for me when I was 4. Aunt Annabelle died this past year. (She taught me Psalm 23 when I was 4, and I used to sit at her feet and watch her crochet)

PL and Annabelle again, with Glow worm, and Koosa. Glow worm I got when I was 8, for Christmas...I begged and begged for a Glow worm. Mom tried to convince me it was a baby toy, but I didnt care. I wanted one. And I got it. I slept with it for YEARS! Koosa is another gift from my Brothers' Grandparents. He is a Cabbage Patch Kid Cat.

This is Fluffy. I got him for Easter when I was 6, and my all time childhood favorite. He is war-torn and battle scarred, but he is very special. And since I have rescued him from the closet today, he will remain out, and regain his rightful place on my bed. :D

This is Puppy. I got him when I was 10, one of my friends bought him for me for a gift. His nose is worn off, cause I would sleep with him in the crook of my arm, and his nose would rub the wall. He has been on my bed for the last 17 years. Aside from Fluffy, he is my absoulte favorite.

Sister_Mom

My "patriotic bears"  collection:

A closer shot arranged differently. You can't see them all here, but some you can see a little better:

MelodyB

Sister_Mom

MelodyB

Ok, so I cant spell. And I am too lazy to spell check.

Amelia Bedelia

I've never had a teddy bear or doll that I was particularly attached to  :smirk2:   maybe thats why I am the way I am  LOL

I could probably use one now

*hugs* moms

Sis

My only teddy. Stevebert bought it for me from Kmart the second year they sold them. I wanted one from the first year but it didn't happen. But his birthday is on his hat, so I'll remember which year it was anyway!

Sis

Quote from: Sis on December 05, 2007, 04:45:07 AM
My only teddy. Stevebert bought it for me from Kmart the second year they sold them. I wanted one from the first year but it didn't happen. But his birthday is on his hat, so I'll remember which year it was anyway!

amanda18

Quote from: Sis on December 05, 2007, 04:45:21 AM
Quote from: Sis on December 05, 2007, 04:45:07 AM

Awesome!! I had that teddy!!! I got it for my first christmas .I was only 12 days old... I don't remember getting it but I remember playing with it and asking my mom were it came from!!! Thats cool!!! I lost my teddy like that.. Thanks for bringing back that memory. :)

JUST DANCE!!

RainbowJingles

Oh my goodness!  The patriotic bear layout is absolutely PRECIOUS!  :-)

Sister_Mom

Thank you. I think they are too.  :grin:

sunlight

LOL, i know what you mean by this... But i do remember a partiular instance... when we used to have a glow worm, and it was awesome! Then it got de-battery-packed after my sister was swinging it around... and watching it glow... and it hit one of my uncles in a not-so-glowing place.  LOL. I think we all got in trouble for that one...
Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on December 05, 2007, 03:28:07 AM
I've never had a teddy bear or doll that I was particularly attached to  :smirk2:   maybe thats why I am the way I am  LOL

I could probably use one now

*hugs* moms
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

RainbowJingles

Al-BEAR-do
My no-memory-bought-just-cuz teddy bear that doesn't remind me of any special guy in my life.  :grin: