News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We are Thankful as can be in Sharing # 473

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 20, 2012, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

The fastest way to lose your thankfulness is to focus on what you want that you don't have.

The easiest way to find your thankfulness is to focus on what you need that God has provided. 

One of the best scriptures to preach at this time of year is where the Israelites got tired of mana and demanded meat.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Finally came home from work.....blah.  Worked long so I wouldn't have to run to town again....   I'll have to go Friday and get rid of Thanksgiving crud, but won't have to have another day at least.....

Wal-Mart is the bane of my existence.  They just ruined my day...blah.  I HATE having to deal with managers in there.....or anybody in there for that matter, because NOBODY in the place KNOWS ANYTHING.  They won't talk to you, they walk away while you try to talk to them, no one takes responsibility for anything and they all tell you someone else is who you need to talk to, and it's absolutely pathetic.

Anyways.

I am extremely underemployed.

I need a job that doesn't involve working with any humans.  Or anything living for that matter....though I like working with animals, it can be burdensome and worrisome dealing with their matters of life and death.

I need to be a geologist or archaeologist dealing only with inanimate or long dead things. :P

Lynx

Try being a cook at a restaurant.  You won't have to deal with the customers, that's the waiters' jobs.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

NOT! I was a cook for 6 years and had my fair share of dealing with stupidity. Both of the patrons and fellow coworkers. Blech.

Well we sure had an interesting midweek service! Pastor decided we would have a good ole fashioned testimony service, and this one guy, GREEN with the Holy Ghost and brimming over with the Love of Jesus, said that God told him to sing this song for us, so he did. It was a rap. A real live honest to goodness beat box fo shizzle my nizzle RAP. I thought pastor was gonna FALL OUT! It was great! He threw down for several minutes before he stopped and it was all on the fly! You could tell he made it up as he went along! It was so awesome! Young babies in Christ are so cool. I wish I would have that kind of zeal again. He was just lovin on Jesus tonight.

Several others got up to speak, and others that tried to preach. We sure had a unique mix of it tonight. But the Holy Ghost was there in an awesome way, and it was truly a service to be thankful for! :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Protip:  Never, ever, ever ask a minister in the congregation if he would like to say something.   ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 21, 2012, 04:16:45 AM
Try being a cook at a restaurant.  You won't have to deal with the customers, that's the waiters' jobs.

I'm afraid that would still involve plenty of people.

Lynx

Try being a telemarketer then.  The computer does most of the talking, playing that recorded sales pitch.  All you have to talk to are the 1 out of 10,000 that actually punch 9 to buy whatever it is you're selling.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning. :waving: Maybe, hopefully, a short day today. They are locking the building up at 1 pm to do electrical upgrades over the holiday weekend.....there's a chance I shall get to exit early. :thumbsup2:
Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 21, 2012, 04:40:51 AM
Protip:  Never, ever, ever ask a minister in the congregation if he would like to say something.   ;)
UNLESS- you ( the service leader) have been unexpectedly put on the spot for teaching/preaching and  are struggling to speak.  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Weirdos.

The Dubyas are trying to have their baby. 

Elfin had theirs the other day.

It's a Former GP Baby Having Extravagana.

angel

bacon

trying to get caught up with BREAD reading and laundry
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

kkay

Well, today's gonna be a day where I'm gonna be the annoying "clear your throat" girl :roll:

Feels like something is tickling the back of my throat.

Last day of work for over a week though :clap:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 21, 2012, 12:31:58 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 21, 2012, 04:40:51 AM
UNLESS- you ( the service leader) have been unexpectedly put on the spot for teaching/preaching and  are struggling to speak.  :P
Oh is THAT why they do it... the secret's out. 

kkay:  Join the club.  Every time I eat anything dairy, or if the weather changes, or if they just want to, my sinuses kick up and I'm the Annoying Clear-My-Throat Boy. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In local SHARING:  I get to go to church tonight!  :bouncy: :bustamove: :hyper: Second shift stinks, I never get to go to church Wednesday nights. 
"Do you sing at church?"

kkay

It happens I guess. Someone asked if I'm sick. I was like "uhhh  no but expect me to clear my throat all day."

New Petition. Yayyyy. That'll take a whole 15 minutes maybe. I should be kinda busy today hopefully.

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:  I hope to leave early today, also.  Yippee for days off! :D

kkay

Throat is a little better now. Think I might hold off until right before Christmas to get some peoples' gifts. Gonna have to since we're going out of state in a couple weeks. Should still be alright though. Just wish I had some of that bonus cash about now :p

kkay

kkay

Boy, it's quiet :smirk2:

Anyone remember Eureka's Castle?

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kkay

I looooooooooved it. There are a few things I remember from my childhood that make me happy and that's one of 'em.

kkay

Alright, cool. I'm gonna sit here and talk to myswelf (as my nephews would say it).

Nothing to do, nothing to do. Da dee da.

Have a headache.

Gonna study.

kkay

I'm making my grandma's mac n cheese tomorrow and I'm kinda scared I'm gonna ruin it. Not sure if I bought enough cheese..not sure how much macaroni to use..not sure how much milk she used..

She never measured anything when she cooked and it always came out awesome. Just wish I was more like her and my mom.

Guess I gotta wing it. Mom will help some but all she said was "use elbow macaroni, colby cheese and milk. Put enough milk to make it like grandma used to."

Verrrrrry helpful.

kkay

Come on, people. I'm sooooooooo bored over here. Help me out!

Nothing to do for the rest of the day and I still have almost 4 hours :(

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: