News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Pass 'round the plate...we're collectin' the offerin' in Sharing 4-2-8!

Started by MelodyB, March 05, 2011, 04:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

changed my picture. not a huge fan of it but my other one was making me cold just looking at it. once i load pics from my phone on my laptop i'll change it to something within the last 2 years. lol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 12, 2011, 04:20:28 PM
I've never heard of anybody having too many flatscreens before...  What, did they buy a bunch of new computer systems as boxed sets from Wal-Mart, that came with their own monitors?
I don't know.  I'm sure the replcements didn't come from Walmart, though- state bid and all. All I know is we got an e-mail from the IT department telling us that they had several (I think around 130) for sale for $35 each. Nice big screens too- 17 inch, anyway. I figured I'd buy one and relace the CRT I had on my shop computer. Glad I did- two months later, I knocked my laptop off the table and destroyed its moniter. It would cost half of what I paid for it 3 years ago to fix it. I thought that 3 years is an eternity in computers, and I'd be better off buying a new laptop when I need it, so I just use the moniter I bought for it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Good call on the old laptop.  You can get a Thinkpad that is more computer than you will ever need for $300.  Replacing a whole screen is only worth it if you've paid $2000 for a new top-of-the-line one.

Wish you'd picked up some more of those monitors though... ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Newsman

Chseeads

Newsman