News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

cultural marriages

Started by inhisservice, May 09, 2008, 04:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inhisservice

oneness believer and a Muslim girl from Afghanistan. What comes to anyones mind when this kind of connection happens?

The Purple Fuzzy

Unequally yoked is my first thought.  Unless the oneness believer is Muslim and not Christian, because the devil believes there is one god and trembles.

Sis

Muslims believe in one God. That's one reason they hate Christians. I talked to a guy I was babysitting for, and he almost fainted when I told him that there were some Christians that don't believe the trinity was real. Then he almost got mad when I told him that Jesus IS God. He hit his hand on the steering wheel then got control of himself again.

Anyway, how can you judge a situation when you don't know the people involved?  Is she considering getting baptized and getting the Holy Ghost?  Well, they should wait until she does get it.

He should beware of her family. They still believe in honor killings. Even if they're in the States. If her family feels she's dishonoring them, they don't just disown her, they kill her. Blood letting is the only way they believe honor can be restored.

If they do get married, any children they have may end up being kidnapped and brought overseas to be raised. She may change her mind and take the children overseas, too. Although mostly it's men who do this because her life probably won't be worth much nor the children overseas.

Even if she converts, her life may be in danger from the males in her family. *Shakes head* This kind of  cult behavior is so ingrained in them that it's hard for a woman to escape even here in the USA.

mesipie

my cousin was raised in pentecost....hes outta church but believes 1 God etc...he married a muslim...shes a sweetheart..but has way diff views on somethings....like who God is...lol...i guess it CAN work out...but there WILL DEFINATELY be compromises on 1 or both ppl
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

TRAV

Not a good idea and full of pitfalls for both sides, unless neither side is very religious and think of their religions as philosophies or simply "culture". It's beginning is division. I'm guessing they are people that get along great and think of each other as very attractive. Unfortunately, there are too many things that will conflict if religion ever plays a serious part on their lives.
PROVERBS 3:5,6

Backseat Radio

Quote from: inhisservice on May 09, 2008, 04:50:02 AM
oneness believer and a Muslim girl from Afghanistan. What comes to anyones mind when this kind of connection happens?

If it was just a difference in culture it would be ok as long as both parties are willing to compromise.  What your speaking of involves a difference in religion if the girl is truly a muslim.  Getting into that kind of marriage should be avoided as it would be an unequally yoked situation, very difficult to live in, and very confusing for any children the couple would have.