News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask A Grump!

Started by Newsman, June 26, 2007, 12:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

:thumbsup2: I might just find time to see her this week, if she's amenable!

John  :waving:

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on January 21, 2008, 06:44:50 AM
Quote from: Newsman on January 21, 2008, 06:38:08 AM
   Why? Have something in mind?  :freaky2:

Not at the moment..have to work out of town Thursday Friday and Saturday again..in town Tuesday night, chrcuh wednesday night..funeral to be a pallbearer at Tuesday afternoon..work each day..I think Monday evening is the only one I may have off..sometime later this month, I need to see if I can get my chasing raven haired beauties class in...............
John  :waving:

Newsman

She apparently has more than one interest already..she has used the words 'they' and 'them' a lot in the past month!

Quote from: sunlight on January 21, 2008, 06:49:06 AM
Maybe you should ask out Ethyl... as she is following in your footsteps so well... REG

Babs

"they" and "them" are singular, and just scenery.  :freaky2:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Babs

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

Quote from: Newsman on January 21, 2008, 06:47:01 AM
Getting cold feet, eh?

I always have cold feet in winter. This is Oregon, after all.

Sir Grumpye, how would you define 'eye candy'?

:beret:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Newsman

Well, since the only place yiou'll see it having been used on Godplace is by others than myself, perhaps you should ask them..however, were I to use the term, my working definition would be "the attractive physical form of a member of the opposite sex, to be visually admired without the desire/prosepct of a relationship developing."

MelodyB

Babs

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

Other than your own pastor... what preacher/minister has had the most impact on your life?

Newsman

The first thought that came to my mind when I read your question was a minister from a church about 75 miles to the east of the McAlester UPC. His name was Bro. Perry. We were not quite friends, but I got to know him visiting their church some when I was a new convert.
   If I recall correctly, he (a professional carpenter) came and helped when we did the major build-on to the church in McAlester, then several of us went down there when the church he pastored was building a new one. I fell out of touch with him for a couple of years at a time, but would occasionally see him at some church function, and he would always remember me, and typically ask me if I had "found a wife, yet," or something similar.
   He became ill, I believe with cancer. He came and preached a service at McAlester, and was fiery and and seemed full of energy..it seems like only a few weeks later, he was dead.
   I have never had a more stark example of holding  nothing back when teaching or preaching than what I remember seeing from Bro. Perry.

John

sunlight

There is a Bro Perry in Southeast Texas... wonder if there is any relation?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Newsman

I'm not sure..the Bro. Perry I knew, IIRC, had 'Don' as his first name..he would have only been about 60, maybe a bit less, when he died. He pastored the UPC in Poteau Oklahoma, and was either an independent Apostolic or from naother orgnaization until about 1990.

John   :waving:

sunlight

ohh.. prolly not then... ok.

SippinTea

What would you think of someone who read the book Strawberry Acres while eating cherries?

Newsman

That they were beryy fruity.

MelodyB

Do you like Strawberries and Peaches?

Newsman

As in Ladies SippinTea and Rainbowjingles, most certianly! They are two Wonderful Ladies!

As to the culinary attributes of the fruits involved, I do not care for strawberries at all, and like peaches moderately well.

SippinTea

Aww... thank you! *curtsies*

And what about raspberries?

Newsman

Someone had talked about mailing me some fruit, but they haven't arrived, yet.

John  :waving:

sunlight

* sunlight mails Newsman a persimmion...

RainbowJingles

I feel special.  At least I think I do.  lol  On a personal level, I'm liked.  On a superficial, fruity level, I'm liked "moderately well."   :glitter:

*curtsies as well*

Melody:  you're goofy.  lol

MelodyB

Well, apparently he doesnt like me, Fruity or not... :sadbounce: Maybe Raspberries are a little too....ummm bitter, yeah thats it! (I wont say another word....) ;)

Elona: YOU are goofier.