News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

got a computer question

Started by Babs, November 09, 2007, 03:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babs

i have a problem with some files that keep running and cant seem to find them or get rid of them.

i ran hijackthis and the problems are these two lines:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fyyrndi] C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\grwwxgp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [yvtcxhx] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\vnwbekj.exe

spybot dont work, and hijackthis said it fixed it but it didnt. it stays gone until i run any exe of any kind.

any ideas? i find nothing about this except a ton of people are having the same problem. i have even put in new hard drives in both computers, and it came back on both.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Sister_Mom

Toss the computer and buy a Mac.  :hypocrite:

Seriously, MichaelK can probably answer this one, but it's about 5:00 am there.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Babs

My latest blog post.

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

JakeLeonard

Quote from: Sister_Mom on November 09, 2007, 03:16:57 AM
Toss the computer and buy a Mac.  :hypocrite:

Seriously, MichaelK can probably answer this one, but it's about 5:00 am there.

:copcar: :copcar: :copcar: :copcar: :copcar: :copcar:
The Windows police is in town......

Don't listen to Sister Mom on the Mac issue. Macs are trash and Linux is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

SippinTea

*ahem*  :pound:

Macs are wonderful things for graphics and music lovers. And Linux is wonderful in nearly every way. :P

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Yea! Go MACS!

:hypocrite:

(I actually dont have a clue, but if Mom and Ruby say its good, I believe them!)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

LarryTheCucumber

Quote from: SippinTea on November 09, 2007, 10:29:29 PM
*ahem*  :pound:

Macs are wonderful things for graphics and music lovers. And Linux is wonderful in nearly every way. :P

:o
better be careful, sis.....someone might mistake you for a nerd!
:laughhard:

anyway, back to the original post....

download Avira Virus scanner, the free personal edition from free-av.com

update the virus scanner, and do a complete system scan.

if Avira is unable to fix it, download A-squared HijackFree, and either post the scan results, or PM them to me.

good luck!

SippinTea

Between you and Dave M.... I'm almost converted. ;) By the time I need a new laptop, I will be.

And btw... I miss you.  :sadbounce: *Hug*

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Those two .exe files must be very new ones.  My first course of action on something like that is to do a Google search to see what they are and what to about them.  But a Google search on those two files brings up only one hit, and that's a message board where someone is asking about them and commenting on how Google doesn't bring up any hits when doing a search for them.  You can read that forum HERE but there isn't any useful information provided.

As of right now, the only advice I can give is to boot up into safe mode and try deleting those files.  That is assuming that those files are, in fact, malicious executables. 

Sorry I can't offer any better advice at this time, but there just doesn't seem to be any information out there on those files, yet.

As for the Mac/Windows/Linux debate;  I feel all three are equally as good, they each just have their strong and weak points in different places.  You'll find people who like one better than the other, and that's their prerogative to have their own opinions, but when it comes right down to it, Windows=Mac=Linux, none is better overall, they're each just different.
Move along, nothing to see here.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on November 10, 2007, 10:39:15 AM

As for the Mac/Windows/Linux debate;  I feel all three are equally as good, they each just have their strong and weak points in different places. 

As much as I go on about Macs, this is really how I feel about it also. Like ST said, Macs are great for graphics and that's why I like them becaus that's what I do (I wouldn't know about music), but I can't imagine our tech department at work using them for what they do. It's all good  :grin:

Babs

found a program on the geeks site called counter spy and it got rid of the bad files. said it was a trojan  :o

thanks for the help michael!

My latest blog post.

JakeLeonard

Only with Macs and the Linux OS, web browsers like Mozilla Firefox run slower.

I use Firefox all the time (Firefox can eat Internet Explorer any day for breakfast!)

mini

I have used Firefox on Linux (Suse, Ubuntu 5.x to 7.10), Vista, XP, 2000 and NT.  It runs the same on all of them (depending on ram and processor also).  When they first introduced Firefox for Mac, it was slower, but as they updated, its just as fast (or faster) as Safari.

The only slow down I have ever gotten is web browsing in general, no matter what the browser, using ubuntu 6.06 or .10.  It just seemed web pages were (for lack of a better term) cautious in loading

Opera is the fastest responding browser, but is limited in its community support.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I have FF, but I dont like the layout as well as I like IE.

And if I started using it, I would have to go arrange my hundred bookmarks, and I have not got that bored yet...they put them in alphabetical order, and I dont like that, I like them in the order that I normaly visit...all the mostimportant on top, and the less used ones in folders...plus, I never can find the buttons I need cause they are in the wrong spot...AND, I dont like that to open a tab, I have to pull down a box, I like the blank tab option on IE better.

SippinTea

Mel Darlin', to open a tab, all ya gotta do is Ctrl + T  :)

MelodyB

I dont do keyboard shortcuts....I never have been one to do those.

LarryTheCucumber

firefox give you great import/export options for bookmarks--well worth the time to reorganize IMO

also, my firefox does have an IE style blank tab button--I've got so many addons going on, I can't remember which is for what, but I think TabBrowser Preferences should do the trick for you.

the biggest things to me in switching to FireFox were better security, and the ability to run Adblock+ and NoScript... those two clinched it for me.

MelodyB

Does it bug yall that I dont like FF?

LarryTheCucumber

MelodyB

SippinTea

MelodyB