News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

GLASSES or CONTACTS!

Started by EricShane, April 02, 2007, 05:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricShane

Quote from: MirandaLynn on April 03, 2007, 06:29:44 PM
:laughhard: Eric..you are truly one of a kind.

And Mel Mel, if you want to keep that cute little head, ya better never meet him in person!  ;) LOL

ps..I looooooooove those glasses!  :thumbsup2:
lol.. Trust me, I am the SAME offline as I am online.. lol..
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

MelodyB

Yeah remind me in case I ever see Eric...I dont want to get my head hugged off.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

i have both, but my allergies are so bad i can barely get my contacts in. when i do i can only keep them in for a few hours.

i absolutely LOVE my glasses. unfortunately i can't get new lenses in my frames because they are superglued on one side.  :roll: i'm a bit clumsy. they are black frames with blue on the inside. [see avvie] i despertaley need new lenses though...so i have no idea what i'm gonna do....

ps-i do not like rimless.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

RandyWayne

The title of the thread should have been "GLASSES or CONTACTS or LASIK!"   LOL

This is the night before our surgery

About 8 hours after the procedure.  Wearing our protective "shop glasses" that we were required to wear for two weeks after.

Heather

i've asked about lasik, but i'm not a good candidate because of my large pupils  :smirk2:

RandyWayne

It's actually amazing what they can do now.  People that were not considered candidates 10 years ago are now having it done routinely. 
It is also MUCH cheaper -if you do a little shopping.  Here in Madison it is still about 1500 an eye yet we went to a well-known place in Milwaukee that was only 599.00 an eye.

EricShane

My sister in law had it done... I couldnt do it, becauseyou can rub yur eyes for like 2 weeks or you'll tear open the cut or whatever and be blind! ACK! lol... k... maybe not completley.. but, I couldnt handle that, let alone afford it.
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

randerzforya

Quote from: RandyWayne on April 05, 2007, 03:49:03 AM
It's actually amazing what they can do now.  People that were not considered candidates 10 years ago are now having it done routinely. 
It is also MUCH cheaper -if you do a little shopping.  Here in Madison it is still about 1500 an eye yet we went to a well-known place in Milwaukee that was only 599.00 an eye.

:o Wow. Out here in Houston it's only $250.00 per eye. I want to do it, but no one will get it done with me and I'm too scared to go through that by myself.  :smirk2:

RandyWayne

I was so dang nervous before the procedure that people were literally laughing at me.  It was far easier getting THIS done then having a tooth drilled.  In fact each eye took between 3 and 4 minutes with NO pain whatsoever.  The numbing drops are so effective that you don't know when he is touching the eye -so he has to tell you.  "We are now shaping the eye.... you can see the flash of lights.  That is the laser.... ok, done in 5... 4.... 3... 2.... 1..... done.  Now we just remove the clamps.... and now for the next eye!"

The office we did it at actually had a glass wall between the "operating" room and the waiting room so everyone waiting can watch everyone getting it done!

randerzforya

Oh no way would I want an audience! LOL That would creep me out.

MelodyB

I asked my eye Dr. this Feb. when I went and he said I would be a perfect candidate for it, and he would highly reccomend it for me.

But I dont have that kind of money.

EricShane

Quote from: RandyWayne on April 05, 2007, 07:54:39 PM
I was so dang nervous before the procedure that people were literally laughing at me.  It was far easier getting THIS done then having a tooth drilled.  In fact each eye took between 3 and 4 minutes with NO pain whatsoever.  The numbing drops are so effective that you don't know when he is touching the eye -so he has to tell you.  "We are now shaping the eye.... you can see the flash of lights.  That is the laser.... ok, done in 5... 4.... 3... 2.... 1..... done.  Now we just remove the clamps.... and now for the next eye!"

The office we did it at actually had a glass wall between the "operating" room and the waiting room so everyone waiting can watch everyone getting it done!

thats the way it is here too, You can see the people getting worked on.. You cant see what thier doing or anything, but you can see the doctors hovering around someone or whatever.

Heather

as of my eye appointment last fall......technology can't catch up with my large pupils

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Here's a set of completely frameless glasses.

Somehow I don't picture you getting the bridge of your nose pierced just so you could go frameless.
Move along, nothing to see here.

nicolejoy

ewww - that's just yucky to think about!!!

EricShane

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆ∟ Ҝ on April 08, 2007, 03:28:14 PM
Here's a set of completely frameless glasses.

Somehow I don't picture you getting the bridge of your nose pierced just so you could go frameless.
I just got those today! They are awesome, they had to pierce the bridge of my nose, but its okay.. I was going to get that done anyway...

btw, to some of you gullibles I am kidding.. lol

randerzforya

That's really gross. What happens if you roll over at night and they rip your nose open. *biiiiig shudder* No thank you!

MelodyB

Im pretty sure you take them off when you go to bed or shower or somthing....much like and earring.

randerzforya

EricShane

Bliss

I got both glasses and contacts this year, but I definitely like contacts better than glasses for me. I have worn only contacts since I was 12, so maybe I am just used to them.

Just_in

I have both glasses and contacts.. and i love them both here is a picture of my glasses.

~You will never save the world by being like the world~

Charlene

I have glasses and contacts both...I see better with contacts.

I can't get Lasik either...I'm not stable and I have an eye disease that not too many doc's seem to know about *sigh*