News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GLASSES or CONTACTS!

Started by EricShane, April 02, 2007, 05:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricShane

Okay Yall... I wear contacts sometimes, but I used to wear Glasses like all the time.. But Im getting ready to get new glasses

what styles are hot right now? I mean, I know for a while Every UPC person had the black plastic framed glasses, are they still in.. whats yalls Oppinion
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

nicolejoy

I still have like a plasticy frame, but they're like a blue-green colour.. same style, just different colour!! And I see a lot of people with other colours, like reds and that... I like those!! but it depends on what you like/what suits you...

EricShane

Quote from: nicolejoy on April 02, 2007, 05:37:43 AM
I still have like a plasticy frame, but they're like a blue-green colour.. same style, just different colour!! And I see a lot of people with other colours, like reds and that... I like those!! but it depends on what you like/what suits you...
yeah I know, my friend has a Brown pair with some blue in it, thier awesome.. But.. I wear black everyday to work, so would it be weird to wear brown glasses with black clothes?
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

InChristGirl

Have you considered the rimless rectangular ones.......I'll try to find a pic

EricShane

Quote from: InChristGirl on April 02, 2007, 05:43:41 AM
Have you considered the rimless rectangular ones.......I'll try to find a pic
yeah, thats what my cousin said...

InChristGirl

Rimless are very nice. From your pic I'd say you could deffinatly get away with them.

nicolejoy

I'm not a big fan of rimless - I figure if you want to look like you don't really have glasses on, you might as well wear contacts!!

Jennie-lynnie

Quote from: nicolejoy on April 02, 2007, 05:53:16 AM
I'm not a big fan of rimless - I figure if you want to look like you don't really have glasses on, you might as well wear contacts!!

That's my opinion too.

I still have the thick black plastic frames. lol. But that's the only thing that looked half decent on my face :)*

EricShane

Quote from: InChristGirl on April 02, 2007, 05:46:49 AM
Rimless are very nice. From your pic I'd say you could deffinatly get away with them.
well, thanks.. You could get away with anything *flirts*

lol...

InChristGirl

EricShane

InChristGirl

are you in that pic....your avvie?

EricShane

Quote from: InChristGirl on April 02, 2007, 06:28:47 AM
are you in that pic....your avvie?
no... That was just some odd picture I got offline.. lol jk.. yeah, im in the top left, the unhappy looking one.. lol and thats my cousin in the stripes and thats her brother in law on the right and thats my best friend ashley in the blue

*Christi*

Josh and I both got new glasses about 3 months ago.  We both had the plastic frames last year but Josh's were white (he still LOVES those glasses, about to have new lenses put in them) and mine were brown.  This year we got the semi-rimless.  I only wear my glasses for close work so I can't wear contacts but I don't want to drastically change my appearance anytime I am at the computer or working on my crafts.

Josh's new ones are like this, but in a bright blue:

Mine are like this, only in a reddish color:

I love them!!  They are SO light and comfy, yet stylish and trendy.

EricShane

Quote from: CRStrom on April 02, 2007, 06:44:00 AM
Josh and I both got new glasses about 3 months ago.  We both had the plastic frames last year but Josh's were white (he still LOVES those glasses, about to have new lenses put in them) and mine were brown.  This year we got the semi-rimless.  I only wear my glasses for close work so I can't wear contacts but I don't want to drastically change my appearance anytime I am at the computer or working on my crafts.

Josh's new ones are like this, but in a bright blue:

Mine are like this, only in a reddish color:

I love them!!  They are SO light and comfy, yet stylish and trendy.

the top ones are my current glasses with a gark grey frame.. lol.. I love them too I might just stay with the same idea

*Christi*

I don't know if you are trying to be trendy, you do seem trendy.  I have read ALOT about red being very IN this year so you might wanna look for some red frames? 

I definitely think brown would NOT be a wise decision if you wear black everyday. 

Being a girly redhead, I tend to get red/pink glasses every year.

EricShane

Quote from: CRStrom on April 02, 2007, 06:55:21 AM
I don't know if you are trying to be trendy, you do seem trendy.  I have read ALOT about red being very IN this year so you might wanna look for some red frames? 

I definitely think brown would NOT be a wise decision if you wear black everyday. 

Being a girly redhead, I tend to get red/pink glasses every year.
oooh! thats a great Idea! I just got a Red Phone too! lol

myhaloisintheshop

My glasses are exactly like the ones Christi posted at the bottom.

I like them but I get tired of the same ones all the time.  I want  another pair to alternate with...lol

EricShane

Raecheal

randerzforya

I've never been able to find a pair of glasses that compliment my face. :smirk2: So I've always just stuck with contacts.

MelodyB

I have worn Glasses since I was 11, but I started wearing contacts about 7 years ago...I love them...the bigest thing I noticed right away is that my eyes no longer burn when I cut up onions!! And I love wearing sunglasses!

But this year I got both...(Uncle Sam was very generous with my return :freaky2: ) so I got Glasses too. Everyone says they look great, but Im not so sure.

So now, I wear both...depends on what kind of a mood Im in and where I am going.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

EricShane

Quote from: Mel-Mel on April 03, 2007, 09:25:32 AM
I have worn Glasses since I was 11, but I started wearing contacts about 7 years ago...I love them...the bigest thing I noticed right away is that my eyes no longer burn when I cut up onions!! And I love wearing sunglasses!

But this year I got both...(Uncle Sam was very generous with my return :freaky2: ) so I got Glasses too. Everyone says they look great, but Im not so sure.

So now, I wear both...depends on what kind of a mood Im in and where I am going.
aww mel! Your so cute I wanna hug your head off!

randerzforya

:laughhard: Eric..you are truly one of a kind.

And Mel Mel, if you want to keep that cute little head, ya better never meet him in person!  ;) LOL

ps..I looooooooove those glasses!  :thumbsup2: