Indestructible keyboard

Started by M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ, March 16, 2007, 09:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

My wife bought me the "Virtually Indestructible Keyboard".  It's flexible, it's waterproof, and it's back lit.

It's kind of cool, and the soft green glow on my desk is nice.
Move along, nothing to see here.

LarryTheCucumber

I nearly bought one last week--what do you think of it now that you've got one?

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

It takes a little getting used to.  The keys feel different than a normal keyboard.  First time I used it I kept missing letters out of my typing because I wasn't striking the keys properly for this keyboard.  After using it for a while, I'm starting to get used to it and it isn't as much of a problem.  It just requires a little adjustment in typing style to get it right.

LeahMarie

Oh, that's awesome! It's nifty looking!
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

SippinTea

Surf, I think you might need one of those!  :hypocrite:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Where do you get them? And how mcuh do the cost? And does it use a USB port, can I hook it to my laptop? LOL
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

MelodyB

Quote from: EricShane on April 01, 2007, 07:25:31 AM
why is it wavey looking

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆ∟ Ҝ on March 16, 2007, 09:22:32 PM
My wife bought me the "Virtually Indestructible Keyboard".  It's flexible, it's waterproof, and it's back lit.

EricShane

Quote from: Mel-Mel on April 01, 2007, 07:31:32 AM
Quote from: EricShane on April 01, 2007, 07:25:31 AM
why is it wavey looking

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆ∟ Ҝ on March 16, 2007, 09:22:32 PM
My wife bought me the "Virtually Indestructible Keyboard". It's flexible, it's waterproof, and it's back lit.

haha... okay... im blonde...
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

You can buy them online at GrandTec for about $40.  We got ours at a local store for about $30.  It is USB.  I've hooked it up to my laptop when I first got it.  Now it's hooked up to the desktop along with my wireless keyboard (yes, I have two working keyboards on one computer).

I inadvertently put it through a test the other day.  I spilled a can of Coke on it.  To clean it off, I just ran it under the kitchen faucet with hot water to wash the Coke off, shook the water off and plugged it right back in.  Still works fine. 

MelodyB

nicolejoy

You can get them in Hong Kong for next to nothing as well!!

EricShane

Quote from: nicolejoy on April 02, 2007, 06:27:19 AM
You can get them in Hong Kong for next to nothing as well!!
a woman I work with addopted a baby in China, and she went over there for a few weeks to shop, and its unbelievable all the great deals she got.. well mostly on clothing, but like really nice name brand stuff literally for almost nothing, she got like Coats for 4 bucks and so forth.. it was great.

LarryTheCucumber

Quote from: EricShane on April 02, 2007, 06:33:32 AM
...really nice name brand stuff literally for almost nothing...
yeah--its amazing what you can do with a good laser printer and a batch of blank labels these days  :P

nicolejoy

yep - most of that stuff is fake, but they do pretty good fakes over here!! ;)

EricShane

oh well, doesnt really matter I guess

darlaj2

My husband got me a keyboard just like that for Christmas one year and I took it back.  I just could not get used to the "rubber" keys so to speak.  I couldn't get used to the feel and how hard I had to press.....so I took it back and bought something else.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

You're right about the different feel and having to press harder, it's something that takes a little getting used to.  I still have the wireless keyboard hooked up to the PC, and I use it if I'm doing any serious or lengthy typing, but I like the indestructible one for typing in web searches or short messages.