Is Your Bracket Busted Already?? Go Ahead, Share Your Pain With the Rest of Us.

Started by jdcord, March 16, 2007, 07:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdcord

Oh well,.....

It's only 3:27pm on the second day of 1st round play, and one of my Sweet Sixteen picks has already been flushed right down the Ole porcelain throne.

Georgia Tech., whom I also picked to beat Wisconsin in the round of 32, has been officially "evicted" from the tournament by UNLV.  But hey, at least I didn't have the Yellow Jackets advancing to the Elite Eight, or anything crazy like that - so it could've been worse.

We'll see what happens in the rest of today's games, but GT losing was not a healthy way for my bracket to start out the day.

If anyone else needs to "share your pain" over your busted NCAA brackets with us, feel free to use this thread:  we're here for you. 

:hi:

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

jdcord

Oh my God !!        :o

It's 3:43pm, EST, and Notre dame is getting crushed by Winthrop, 52-34, and Wisconsin is getting hammered, 21-7, by ..........., hang on a sec, ...... Texas A&M Corpus Christi.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Looks like today is going to be everything yesterday was not - a bracket-busting, turn everything upside down, kinda day.

:biglaugh:

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

bishopnl

Of the teams left in the tournament, here are the ones I didn't pick:

Butler
USC (I never believed they would beat Texas)
Vanderbilt (I thought they would get upset in the first round)

All the other teams I picked are still in the tournament...although who knows how long that will last.  I had Texas beating North Carolina...and that's out for sure now...
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

natewasmundt

I didn't make an official bracket, but I printed one off shortly after most of the first round had been completed and penned in some teams to the Final Four.  It's pretty ugly . . . shows how little I know about College BB and the teams in the tourney.

My predictions for the 2nd round:

Midwest Regional
Florida over Butler
UNLV over Oregon

West Regional
Kansas over S. Illinois
Pitt over UCLA

East Regional
N. Carolina over USC
Georgetown over Vanderbilt

South Regional
Tennessee over tOhio State
(tOSU should have lost both of their first round games; plus the flagrant thuggish foul by tOSU's star freshman turned me completely off to rooting for them.  The officials messed up that game.  Xavier should've had the free throws AND possession on that foul.  Can I say it?  They wuz robbed!)

Texas A&M over Memphis (mainly out of conference loyalty)

That's my UNofficial picks for next weekend.

Scott

Overall Totals
Correct Picks: 30 of 48
Possible Points: 116 of 192

This proves that this is a bogus Art.

I did not watch, hear or read about more than 3 or 4 NCAA Games all year and those 2 teams are not even in the NCAA Tourney.

I just slammed through there and picked teams at random.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

jdcord

Well, I have 11 teams remaining in the Sweet Sixteen, which doesn't sound all that great until you consider that I still have 7 of my Elite Eight picks remaining, 3 of my Final Four picks, and both of my picks for the Championship game.

So it could certainly be worse, and actually it's looking pretty good so far.  The next set of games is where everything will really "sink or swim", however.

Elite Eight Picks:    Florida, Oregon, Kansas, UCLA, Texas, Georgetown, Ohio State, and Texas A&M

Final Four:    Florida, Kansas, Texas, and Texas A&M

Championship Game:    Florida vs. Texas A&M

Winner:    Florida

Like I said, so far I'm ok, but wee'll see how things go this weekend.