News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Anyone else have sick kids?

Started by EmmazMommy, March 04, 2007, 09:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmazMommy

Emma woke up Wed morning throwing up again. So I got her clean, checked her temp and gave her tylenol for a slight temp. She seemed ok, just fussy through Wed night, so I kept her home from church. Thursday (4:30 AM) she woke up crying, I then noticed her body was HOT HOT HOT to the touch !!!! So I took her temp and it was 103.3 degrees. I called the ER and they told me to give her a cool bath, tylenol, and see what happened. Well Thursday morning around 9, she was still having temps over 101, almost 102. So I took her to the ER in Graham ( hospital where she was born). Took her temp, was 101.8, so then they gave her Motrin.  Dr comes in and notices shes really fussy and still really hot. So he examines her. So we find out she now has Strep Throat AND an Ear Infection!!!!

OH Yea, Dr also notices a few lil bumps but says nothing to worry about. Well now 3 days later, her WHOLE body is covered in lil bity bumps....and i dont know what it is! Im trying to be worried, but I dont know what to think...Any ideas ???

Chosen1

Annie, you sure its not chicken poxs she has?  I know here in kilgore chicken poxs are going around.  Ethan has the flu, he is through taking his tamiflu, but is still horridly cranky and moody, and has a real bad runny nose and sore throat.  He says his ears still hurt so i figure his ear infection is still there.   

Courtney

I'm sorry she isn't feeling well. I sort of know how you feel. Aiden has been catching colds ever since he came home pretty much. It breaks my heart to see him sick. Joe and I both came down with a horrible cold and bronchitis. I pray Aiden avoids it, but he is acting like he is getting stuffed up again and has started coughing. It probably means yets another doctor visit if he gets it in his chest.  :cry:

myhaloisintheshop

The rash on her body may also be from an upper respitory infection.  My boys get this rash that is a little bit smaller than chicken pox on thier torso when they have an UR infection

darlaj2

Oh boy have I had a sick kid.  2 weeks ago she got pink eye from Day Care.  $70 for eye drops.  Then one week later--she started throwing everything up and running a temp.  I called the Dr. and she called in some antibiotics.  Mattison was still throwing up everything (had not had anything to eat in several days) so I finally got the Dr back and she took her off the antibotics and all milk products.  After about 3 days of her taking nothing but pedialyte--she is finally better.  I think she woke up in a good mood this morning for the first time in 2 weeks.  Praise Jesus!!

Envelope

I think eye/ear drops are RIDICULOUSLY expensive!!!

When Hannah had her new ear tubes, I was telling the nurse in the recovery room that those ear drops cost $80 a bottle and she was in shock!!  She gave me 3 bottles  of them instead of the 1 standard one they give......I was SOOO thankful since everything is out of pocket until we meet the deductible..........

sharon

EmmazMommy

Quote from: Darlaj2 on March 05, 2007, 02:19:31 PM
Oh boy have I had a sick kid.  2 weeks ago she got pink eye from Day Care.  $70 for eye drops.  Then one week later--she started throwing everything up and running a temp.  I called the Dr. and she called in some antibiotics.  Mattison was still throwing up everything (had not had anything to eat in several days) so I finally got the Dr back and she took her off the antibotics and all milk products.  After about 3 days of her taking nothing but pedialyte--she is finally better.  I think she woke up in a good mood this morning for the first time in 2 weeks.  Praise Jesus!!

thats what we did.... Emma wasnt eating....so she has been on Pedialyte and NO dairy... shes finally feeling better! im so glad too!!!! I have been up all night with her the last 4 nights, and im exhausted!

TRAV

PROVERBS 3:5,6

darlaj2

Yesterday was the first day in almost 3 weeks that Mattison is almost 100% back to normal!  Praise Jesus!  I am believing in a total healing of her allergies too!!!

newkris

Quote from: TRAV on March 07, 2007, 03:04:10 AM
Yes, I have sick kids.

students don't count, trav.  i'm so sure . . .   :roll:

for the record, i do NOT have any sick kids!  i don't even have any sick grandkids today!  yay!  (thanks, God, again for healing Anna!)
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

shep252

I don't have sick kids, but Jesse has this wierd, dry, bumpy patchy skin on the sides of his belly.  I don't know what it is.  Maybe it's the new lotion I used.