News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Bottles

Started by JuJu03, February 25, 2007, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuJu03

What is everyone's favorite bottle to use?

I will be breastfeeding but also will be using bottles some

*Christi*

Depends on the baby.  Noah took Avents which I LOOOVED.  Isaac wouldn't take the Avents and he was super gassy so he took the VentAire ones by Playtex.  Isabelle wouldn't take either of those!!  She started on the Avents but didn't care for them so she takes the Soothie ones.

myhaloisintheshop

My favorite by far was the Playtex VentAire ones.  LOVED them!

littlegal

Westley used Avent at first, but he spit up real bad, so we switched to Dr. Browns and he nevers spit up again! 
Zakary had reflux real bad.  He hardly ever took a bottle, but when he did it was the Dr. Browns...he still spit up...
When Anthany takes a bottle, he uses the Gerber comfort latch bottles.  I love them because they are the only bottle i have found that are the closest to "mommy shaped".  He takes them really well.

darlaj2

We used the Platex disposables for the 4 oz. bottles and then Dr. Brown for the 8 oz.  The nipples are very similar, so Mattison didn't really know the difference between the two.

TiffanyJ

I had my first shower yesterday and everyone bought me dr. brown bottles. So I should be stocked up!

acjmom

the bottles i used when nursing my babies looked just like the gerber ones kim posted, but they were from evenflo.  all 3 of mine would only take a bottle with a silicone (clear) nipple that was fat around the bottom like those.
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Jennie-lynnie

Noah uses VentAire by  playtex

Envelope

We used the Dr. Brown's the first time (because my sis GAVE them to me...LOL)  I didn't like the ones we had because they leaked a lot (but I think they're better now)

We used Playtex vent-aire the second time.  I bought $100 worth of Avent because I was trying to breastfeed, but she wouldn't nurse and she hated those bottles!! 

sharon

darlaj2

....isn't it funny how every bottle says "The best bottle for less colicy babies--less air means a happier baby" and "the nipple is more like a mother's breast than any other nipple" yet every bottle is totally different and every nipple different?  Yet they all claim to be best for less air and more like Mom?

chelleebelle

With Brionna, we used Dr. Brown's and with Brennen we used the Avent.  I liked both of them, but I liked the Avent better.

littlegal

Quote from: Darlaj2 on February 27, 2007, 07:07:48 PM
....isn't it funny how every bottle says "The best bottle for less colicy babies--less air means a happier baby" and "the nipple is more like a mother's breast than any other nipple" yet every bottle is totally different and every nipple different?  Yet they all claim to be best for less air and more like Mom?
That's why I never read the packages, i always go by how the bottle and nipple look.

Except for the dr. browns.  They really are the best when you have a spitter!

EmmazMommy

as an infant, Emma was super colicky so we used Vent Aire by Playtex or Dr Browns. By the time she was about 6 months old she didn't care. So we used Vent Aire or Soothie (her fav till we gave em up)! Now she uses sippy cups lol

*Christi*

Ok, get this... we have been giving Isabelle juice in a sippy for several months now but only like once or twice a week.  The past week or so I started giving her a sippy every day so that she'll be used to it when I start to wean her from her bottle in about 6 weeks.  Today she threw her bottle at me and yelled!!  Ugh!!  Josh gave her a sippy with juice and she drank it right up.  So now I don't know if she doesn't want the BOTTLE or the FORMULA!  I guess I need to try to give her some formula in a sippy and see how that goes.

littlegal

That's what i would do.

I'm having a problem with anthany.  He refuses a sippy cup altogether.  I nurse him so he rarely gets a bottle.  With him being sick i've been trying to get pedialyte down him.  He would NOT take it from a cup. I put it in a bottle and he takes it  :-?

*Christi*

Well... Josh never was able to get her to take her bottle yesterday.  She would push it away and turn her head.  So he just fed her lots of solids... lol  This morning she drank her whole breakfast bottle right down so I don't know what her deal is but that's where we are for now.

Jennie-lynnie

I give Noah his formula in his sippy now. It seems to work just fine for us..