News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Where Are You Spending The Holidays?

Started by Newsman, December 08, 2011, 12:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

my family was originally going to start christmas at my parents place and then move it down the street to my house. Broken plumbing changed that plan real quick. i assume guests would like easy access to a working bathroom instead of making a trip down the street like mom, dad, and my brother are doing right now till dad gets the plumbing fixed.

Babs

At the homeless shelters and soup kitchen with folks who have nothing.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 24, 2011, 02:50:26 PM
Is anyone going to church this Sunday?

We won't be having a church service because nobody would show up on Christmas day, and it bugs me.  It's like not only having a birthday party for someone and inviting everyone EXCEPT him, but actually avoiding the person having the birthday and keeping the party a secret so he won't show up.   ???

We are having service at 11am - no matter who does or doesn't show up.  It is open in case someone in the neighborhood might want to go to church.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Niki

When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

RainbowJingles

Taco and I had Christmas dinner at Golden Corral and spent Christmas day at a cottage in Gatlinburg.  We may have actually done laundry that night.  Taco thinks we did.  I don't remember that part.  I thought it was the day after Christmas that we did laundry.  *shrug*  But we spent Christmas week in the cottage.  It was lovely.  :-)