News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Let me join the testimony...

When we moved, we thought we would pay off everything and have jobs right then and there and live high on the hog, with new jobs and no bills...well, that didn't happen. 

I finally got a job 4 months later, barely making above the minimum wage.  It took my highly qualified wife nearly 3 years to get a job. I applied for about 50 different jobs but no luck while working at my job. 

I finally gave up,  and a position came open with my wife's company that she thought I would be a fit for.  She talked me into applying, I was offered the job, and started out making double what I made before.

But when things were looking like we were rolling in the dough, she got sick.

Her benefits started and she never missed a paycheck, and once again, God took care of us.  But we went from 100% to about 75% of what we were making.

Heres something else that was "funny".  At the beginning of the year, when both of us were working, I "found" another old truck that I had had my eye on for years.  We were making good money, and had a little extra...no problem right? 

Then my wife gets sick.

We still had the same bills...house payment, a couple of car payments, and I had just added this truck payment.  And then, my truck got in an accident.  And what we thought was a terrible day blessed us.  We paid off one vehicle, was able to pay off the truck later, and I will be able to get the truck repaired totally.

There is no way I would have been able to do what all I have done without God providing.  And for that, I thank him!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Honestly, Roscoe..

I remember a while back you had asked for prayer for something big that was coming. Was it her job? Or was it something spiritual that you're using faith to take a step on?

I've often heard that if you're feeling attacked while you're trying to do something forward-moving for God, you must be going the right way! I don't like to give too much credit to the devil, because he can't be everywhere and know everything like God can. So sometimes I choose to believe it's just life that's happening to me so he gets no credit. But God can always take that mess and turn it into your message. :)

BTW - If you listen to podcasts, you MUST follow/listen to The Crucial Conversation. The two guys (Tony & Bryan) are from my home church there in Jonesboro, and Tony is Jeremy's cousin as well. The conversations on those podcasts have been blessing me every week! You can find it pretty much anywhere you get your podcasts already.

They've interviewed some local ministers and saints as well as some 'bigger' names that may be more well known, but honestly - it has truly been a blessing to listen.

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 14, 2019, 05:13:16 PMJust here. That's all I got.

Sometimes 'here' is all we can muster, and it's just got to be enough. :) So, we're glad you are here. :)

Have I missed any posts from Heather? I can't remember seeing her in a little while.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 14, 2019, 01:58:50 PMFinancially- God will provide, I'm not stressed a lot, yet. But pray for Lou's spirit and uplift/encourage her if you can. She is my rock and I need her.

Word. I'm not even married but I can understand that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on November 14, 2019, 05:53:34 PMHonestly, Roscoe..

I remember a while back you had asked for prayer for something big that was coming. Was it her job? Or was it something spiritual that you're using faith to take a step on?

No....this is different from the "something big". I'm still not at liberty to discuss that, although I will one day.

And I'm hesitant to say everything is spiritual. Truthfully, her job situation is probably just life, attacking at a most inopportune moment. Although I will say that I could believe that the timing is God's will, perhaps to prepare us for something down the road. There's no doubt in my mind that the devil is mad and is doing what he can against us, but the job thing- yeah, after reflecting, it's possible it is just life.
One of the reasons that it felt like a straight up enemy attack is the timing, as well as the fact that one of Lou's bosses who are playing a part in some of this is a honest to goodness pentagram wearing pagan. They have always been friendly, but as you can imagine there has been tension from time to time.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi:
 Back at work. Thank the Lord it is Friday. I need the weekend time off...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

MsJennJenn

pretty  much done with work today. just ordered some lunch. both bosses are on vacation today.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Dad is visiting from Kentucky, so tonight we're having a family dinner. He can't be here Thanksgiving day.

Of course we're having Thanksgiving dinner next week too. We're not going to pass up an excuse for a family dinner. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Well, I wound up taking off most of the day Friday. Took Chey to chase the "Big Boy" Union Pacific's giant steam engine. After we got a few pics, I took her back to school. Today, I spent just chillin'. Went to a lady in my church's 90th birthday party, then went with Bro and Sis Wilson and Lou for dinner. Now I'm relaxing, trying to figure out what to preach tomorrow. I have an idea, just gotta flesh it out.

The Purple Fuzzy

We had pretty blue skies today but still a little chilly.

Lynx

Some nice guys from Samaritan's Purse are going through our town like a storm, sawing and porting the trees that got knocked over everywhere in the storm. My dad and uncles were glad, as they were not looking forward to cutting up the three trees in Grandma's yard. In their own words, "None of us are as young as we used to be."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Sunday morning. I slept in until Lou woke me....then continued to lay in bed with my Daisy Dog until Lou lured me from bed with fresh cooked fries and burgers. Really intend to do nothing productive until 330, 4ish, at which time I'll head to church.

Lynx

Fresh cooked fries, mmmm... There's a local hole-in-the-wall diner that makes burgers from ground beef, not preformed patties from the freezer, and makes fries from a big bowl of taters at the end of the prep table. I don't go there often enough.

Now look what you did Bobby! I'm all hungry again, right after lunch.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

So you're... sick and tired of being sick and tired?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Sorry Chel....
Morning all. Woke up late, couldn't find my work phone, it's Monday, found that the chicken purchased frozen last night had not been placed in the freezer and was now thawed, so no homemade lasagna for me today..
But- on the bright side, I woke up this morning. The work phone was laying snugly on the shelf under the pulpit where I'd placed it, turned off, last night before preaching; I made it to work on time. And whatever chicken dish Lou cooks today will be meaty as there are three lbs of chicken breasts she has to cook
 Bah.

Nelle

Quote from: sunlight on November 17, 2019, 11:48:17 PMI am so tired of being nausested. That's all.

Hope the nausea goes away. It's the pits being nauseous.

Our uncle (who is also our pastor) was rushed to the ER by ambulance yesterday afternoon. He has a slew of health issues that are too lengthy to go into, but he had/has sepsis. They were giving him blood transfusions and are going to try to day to figure out where he's bleeding in his intestines. He was not stable enough to do any of that last night still when we left. So please just say a prayer for Rex as you go about your day. I feel like they felt like he was feeling some better before we left, but still a long road.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Pretty here too, although cooler than I like. Been busy. And I am back to my facebook fast again. My coworkers laugh at me and say that it lasts no more than two or three days. It's hard because I have so much contact through that platform- from ministers I need to be in touch with, to car enthusiast/for sale ads, and the ever important stalking my offenders because I get all kinds of information there. And, we have the church page there as well....

Nelle

If you're good at self control, you could do a time limit instead each day for using it? That could be similar to a fast since you're still having to get your flesh under control. Facebook is such a habit!

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on November 18, 2019, 07:21:37 PMIf you're good at self control, you could do a time limit instead each day for using it? That could be similar to a fast since you're still having to get your flesh under control. Facebook is such a habit!
Obviously you've never met me in real life. Self Control? HA! I have currently 4 antique vehicles( yeah, no self control there); weigh about 100 lbs more than my doctor would like (food and chocolate, and dr peppers....well, self control, uh, is lacking); and I am currently stalking another vehicle, fantasizing about eating, and the only thing preventing me from moving forward is "bank control" not self control. LOL

Yeah, self control is NOT one of my strong points. :laughhard:

Roscoe

Morning,all. At work. Where in a moment of overwhelming  stupidity,  my agency decided to take our brand new laptops  we have had for less than a year- and replace  them with  more new laptops.  And, not content with being  stupid about this, they are doing something  with our internet too. So i can do nothing and it appears this is going to be a day long procedure.
Im sure it is so they can block websites or track what we do better...
So far, I  see our governor's  decision  to "streamline agencies " and save money as being a colossal  waste and costing the state money.