News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi:
Happy wedding week Jenn.
Back at work. Last two nights have been revival services. Awesome. Gonna continue through Wednesday. Preaching has been awesome- not as evangelistic as you would think, but very good. Like a slow soaking rain as opposed to a thunderstorm. Sure do love the evangelist too.
 But for now, I'm caged at work...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been cool today. Only 63 at the moment.

Roscoe

Freezing cold today. Like 28 degrees. Not a fan.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Cold here too. Was 49 yesterday. Burr.
But of course in normal Texas weather supposed to be back up to 88 on wedding day. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Hope you have a nice sunny wedding day.

Lynx

I'm still here.

Nothing to report.

Well... The price of eggs is getting ludicrous. That's the only thing to report here.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

That's because the price of feed is getting ludicrous. :smirk:

Nelle

I hope egg prices here aren't too steep. I'm about to cook with at least two dozen, maybe even three for breakfast for church Sunday AM.

@Work. I'm waiting on lunch time.

It's chilly here, but today I think signals a few days of more warmth than we've had lately.

MsJennJenn

haha I was gonna suggest he get a chicken. but i guess that probably wouldn't equal out.

My SIL lives in Indiana and she complains about the price of milk.
So I showed her a screenshot of this lady I follow who lives in NY and her 1/2 carton (not gallon) of milk was almost $8 lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I just made a trip out to Aldi. Good old Aldi always has eggs at a third to a quarter the price of Walmart or the supermarket...

Nope. Their prices are about the same now. WHAT?!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Hmm... I have a hard time shopping at Aldi. I just can't get into the enthusiasm. Ours must be smaller, or maybe just crowded, or mix of both.. I dunno. I might try again tonight after work though. I'm needing a few more things and I would like to avoid the chaos of Walmart.. not that Aldi doesn't give me similar anxiety due to the amount of people in such a small space. :/

@Work. One girl is off today b/c she worked her three days Mon-Wed due to the others being out of the office those days. Now today, the one was back, but had to leave early due to not feeling well. So now it's just me and one estimator/project manager left in the office for the day. Thankfully he's mostly staying busy with his own work, so I'm able to do some of mine. The phone has thankfully not been TOO much of a bother today. I hope it stays that way.

I'm SO excited that the dish I'm making for Sunday breakfast in SS.. I can get it all together, chill it overnight in the fridge, and then just pop it in the oven on a busy Sunday morning.

Mom & Dad are getting to enjoy a night away tonight because their carpet cleaner came later than expected. I hope it helps him enjoy a few less stressful moments for once. Unfortunately, usually time away is when the cows know to act like crazy folks. lol

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on October 21, 2022, 07:04:58 PM..... Unfortunately, usually time away is when the cows know to act like crazy folks. lol

Lawd, I've had a Revelation. I'm not a pastor and a parole officer. I'm a cattle farmer.
'Cause that is EXACTLY what my sheep (church) and my wayward misguided chillun (work) do every time I try to relax. :ugly:

Absolutely gorgeous here today. If it were like this year round, I'd be perfectly content. Around 75, 80 degrees, sunny. Slight breeze.
So much I NEED to do this weekend, and so much I don't wanna do. I don't HAVE to do anything in particular. So I probably won't. Other than prepare for and preach Sunday of course. LOL

Roscoe

Well. Intended on breakfast at Waffle House. Lou didn't get up. Wound up finally leaving about 11 am. Intention- coffee and flea markets. Outcome- Coffee, one flea market and the rest of the day working at the church since a couple of the men in the church decided to fix the men's bathroom, which has bedeviled me for the last year with one thing after another. Now- everything in it is new and none-leaking.
Wound up spending an hour talking as pastor with one of them, which he needed, then going to dinner with them to the local chinese place. This took up most all the day. Now I'm smoking a pork loin and studying for tomorrow.

Lynx

But... But... But the other flea markets!

Okay, yeah, no more toilet troubles is a pretty good tradeoff.

But I remember how much dad liked to amble around the flea market...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I love it too. But when a church member calls asking where supplies are, and he's a talented skilled worker willing to fix stuff for the church- pastor goes immediately. And once there, sometimes pastor doesn't get to leave. Perks of the job, no complaints. I'm in God's will and that is all that matters.
And tomorrow- I am off. So, I'll get some stuff done then.

mini

Good morning everyone.

Its raining here.  A beautiful soft rain that we desperately need.  We haven't had much since July.  Maybe a inch or two in 6 months?  And they are calling for 2+ inches today.

THANK GOD!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm so excited! It looks like all of my kids and grandkids will get to be here for Thanksgiving! :D

Backseat Radio

Last week was busy for me. Had our Pastor instillation service Friday night on top of our usual Sunday and Wednesday services. The service was packed enough that some of the brothers had to bring in more chairs from elsewhere in the building so late arrives would have a place to sit.

Roscoe

Morning all. Back at work. It's actually raining. It's been so long, I stood looking like a cow at a new gate at it.:ugly:
This week promises to be busy, to say the least.  Between stuff at home to do, work, and the various things of the church, seems like the chances of me having any time for myself and poor Sam are very low....

The Purple Fuzzy

It's supposed to rain Friday, here. We need it.

Backseat Radio

It's rained the past 2 days here. Thankfully today is supposed to be dry. Got some work to do on my shed when it warms up this afternoon.

Nelle

Back @Work today.

I started with a sore throat Saturday, and didn't find out until Monday evening that I had been exposed to COVID. I stupidly went ahead and prepared the breakfast for church Sunday AM and went to church. I've had so many sinus infections (literally, it wasn't covid) this year, i just assumed it was another. But I tested positive for covid very clearly on Monday evening. Been off work all week until today. Technically my quarantine isn't over until tomorrow, but no one is in the office with me today in this room, so it's safe. I promised I wouldn't go near the other girl's computer, so she wouldn't have to worry, haha. (We normally check her email on her days off.) I'll also be spraying things down after I leave and using plenty of hand sanitizer ALL day, as well as my obvious mask. This should help a diet.. less unmasked time means less snacking.  Very thankful for a mild case.

I did let my pastor know immediately, if you were wondering, haha.

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. Been a busy morning, promises to be a busier afternoon. Sorry you caught the cooties Nelle. 'Tis sunny and a tad cool here- around 56 degrees. Ready for the weekend. Also ready for the upcoming holiday weekends which give me multiple days off.

Roscoe

Overcast. Been running the roads. Ready fer the weekend.....